Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    humm. what am I missing?

When I look at that, it doesn't scream "sith" or starwars.

Looks like a Lost shirt
    The Sith Empire symbol looks almost exactly like the symbol of the republic in the prequals and the Imperial symbol in the original trilogy.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      No that you get to travel around in your journies with 'companions' . As in women, men, aliens, droids...tin dogs.....

I hope to get a fiery Red Head myself
      Like in Guild Wars? Don't really know if I like that idea... On one hand, it's nice for the story and character development, but on the other hand it negates the MMO aspect. I like grouping with random people to do quests and instances, if you can just do all the content with npc party members Bioware might've as well made it a singleplayer game.

I'd take a brunette, by the way
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I have a feeling this game might flop due to the approach they are taking to PvE, they don't want large raids and they don't want several people hitting 1 mob because they say it isn't epic.

Evidence so far suggests people want quite the opposite, people didn't feel raiding was epic when they switched from 40 to 25 in wow and blizzard have had a lot of success from building up the story toward a powerful villain that you have to beat i.e Ragnaros/Nefarian/Illidan/Arthas.

I just don't feel they have the finger on the MMO pulse as far as PvE is concerned which considering the style of the game will be a much bigger draw than PvP.

Comment

This week's updates include....

Blood of the Empire #7 is now available.

A developer diary on audio in the game.

And lastly a developer diary on music in SWTOR, with video!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Blood of the Empire #8 available

And in news I have been waiting for: Nar Shaddaa revealed as a playable world
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Pretty damn cool updates today!

New playable species announced, clink link to read more

And a new Master Gnost-Dural (Lance Hendriksen!) holorecord, about the Mandalorian Wars! Not a whole lot new here for those of us who've played the KOTOR games, but it's damn cool nonetheless

I wonder if there'll end up being a 'collected media' disc/download, of all TOR-related webcomics and holorecords? That'd be pretty neat. Would make cool 'collectors edition' loot

Comment

So, that adds Sith Pureblood (Ragnos, Naga Sadow), Miraluka (Visas' race, right?), Mirialans (Luminara Unduli), and Zabrak (Darth Maul) to the list of playable species. Pretty neat, but I hope they include some non-humanoid species too, like Rodian or Trandoshan.
                Mia: Don't you hate that?
                Vincent: Hate what?
                Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Or a Cathari..
                  "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Today's updates include....

Issue #9 of the Blood of the Empire webcomic.

and

The Jedi Knight advanced classes revealed: Guardian and Sentinel (click the Specialization button)! Looks like the Sentinel will be the dual saber class Accompanying this is a new Jedi Knight class trailer, with in-game footage.

And finally a new character bio!

Comment

In-game video of starship combat!!!!

Comment

The space combat seems like a rail shooter. That seems to be what the general complaint is.

I was hoping it would be more open. But I guess a short clip doesn't show much.

Comment

I thought it looked a lot like Rogue Squadron combat, personally.

Comment

Ooh....the update today is about starships! Only two so far (click them for more details including pictures and video), but looks like there's plenty more to come

And also a bit older, but I still think worth posting: a developer dispatch on the music of TOR

Comment

.... ummm.. isn't Star wars old republic predating the original trilogy by couple millennia? If so, why come the Sienar's design language exists in that sith empire vessel?
                              "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

The Sienar company was founded 15+ millennia BBY, according to the Wookieepedia. They cite Exile and Rogue Planet as their sources. Perhaps in this period, Sienar is simply selling to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                                X