"Star Wars: The Old Republic" Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Ooh....the update today is about starships! Only two so far (click them for more details including pictures and video), but looks like there's plenty more to come

And also a bit older, but I still think worth posting: a developer dispatch on the music of TOR
    I'm disappointed with the Fury. It's like an oversized TIE-Fighter. It's something I would have expected to see the Empire use during the movies. To make it worse, look at the silhouette under it, it's an oddly shaped Millennium Falcon. I was hoping for a bit more originality, but then again, I think people would complain if it didn't look familiar.

sigpic

Comment

I still can't believe they are going with a single player space experience in a massively multiplayer online role playing game.

Its just sloppy and wreaks of half assed-ness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        I still can't believe they are going with a single player space experience in a massively multiplayer online role playing game.

Remember, this isn't EVE online.

But it is strange, since you get to have your own ship and stuff correct?

Comment

I bet they're saving that for the expansion
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

You should read up on the war zones
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The space battles in SWG never really picked up. Then again, PVP in general was pretty rare in that game.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

New video from the PAX expo, Mysteries of Knights of the Old Republic.

Looks very very cool, some very intriguing story tease and some good footage of in-game action. Enjoy!
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Very nice indeed. I hope they finally explain what happened to "him". Was great seeing the extra character at the end. Makes sense he'd be there guarding everything.

sigpic

Comment

Cylon meatbags? Did I hear that right?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Hey Foley....

Corellia added to the list of TOR planets

Which means, at present, the planets in-game include:
                      1. Alderaan
                      2. Balmorra
                      3. Belsavis
                      4. Corellia
                      5. Coruscant
                      6. Dromund Kaas
                      7. Hoth
                      8. Korriban
                      9. Nal Hutta
                      10. Nar Shaddaa
                      11. Ord Mantell
                      12. Taris
                      13. Tatooine
                      14. Tython
                      15. Voss

15 planets
                      Last edited by DigiFluid; 10 September 2010, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Though I wonder how large those planets will be... I'd rather have a couple of huge, well-developed planets than a dozen small ones.
                        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

My guess is that they'll be at least as large as KOTOR worlds, which is just fine by me. This is Bioware's big foray into the MMO arena, I'm sure that they're doing everything they can to make sure it's an excellent first one. Heck I can't remember Bioware half-assing anything.

Comment

Developer Dispatch: Designing the Light Side

Comment

I like the idea of two different Jedi stories. Bit disappointed they only talked about Guardian and Consular as it would be nice to hear about Sentinel too.

sigpic

Comment

I would like to have heard more too. But I guess they need to hang on to some for later news updates

Comment

Working...
                                X