"Star Wars: The Old Republic" Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBA View Post
    And was that one Sith wearing a Revan Mask?
    I thought the exact same thing. A quick check on the Wook says it's a Mandalorian mask Revan was wearing. So, it's entirely possible in the 300 years between Revan's time and TOR that some Sith picked up the style.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but there are a couple of gameplay videos from the alpha on the tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7WHHQokRGs

Looking solid so far
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Solid is one way to put it

Comment

And the other way?
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Yesterday G4 did some pretty good coverage of TOR, complete with in-game video (including combat!) and a video giving some more information on player starships.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20100614_001
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 16 June 2010, 02:49 PM. Reason: Same video lol
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh how I miss adam sessler

I LOVE the idea of having your own damn ship !

Genius !

Comment

I saw the new trailer titled "hope" and man I thought it was cool. I mean the republic kicked butt and I thought this trailer was a lot lighter than the "decieved" trailer which was alot darker.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  I saw the new trailer titled "hope" and man I thought it was cool. I mean the republic kicked butt and I thought this trailer was a lot lighter than the "decieved" trailer which was alot darker.
                  I thought that was the point, personally. Cinematic trailers showing a victory for each side.

Both were awesome
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I thought that was the point, personally. Cinematic trailers showing a victory for each side.

Both were awesome
                    I found it a little hard to believe that the clone troops could do so much damage to the sith though. In that trailer anyways.

Comment

I hope they do one more cinematic trailer and title it like "destiny" or something and it has all of the classes republic troops, Jedi, smuggler (scoundrel), sith, imperial agent and bounty hunter in and it shows like the end of the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        I found it a little hard to believe that the clone troops could do so much damage to the sith though. In that trailer anyways.
                        their not clones this is millenia before all that, they just have very similar armour

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          That's what stood out to me the most in the trailer. They look like they were taken straight from Revenge Of The Sith.

The game looks great, but I doubt I'll get it. I'm still traumatized from SWG and not interested in paying $15 a month to play a game.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I just read an IGN article on the impressions from the E3 demo and it was a bit deflating. The combat is apparently a big laggy and not as immersive as BioWare is claiming. The biggest gripe was that you just don't feel like a Jedi, you feel like a cartoony dude with a big light stick.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The Jedi are cartoony dudes with big glow-bats.

I can imagine, when the game is launched, seeing the servers loaded with Sith and Jedi running around and one or two bounty hunters standing in the middle *****ing about how Jedi need to be nerfed.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Forgot to continue posting the E3 stuff!

First of all, armour. BioWare posted a video demonstrating one possible path of the armour progression of a Bounty Hunter as you level up.

They also announced a couple of playable species: the Ratattaki as Bounty Hunters, Chiss as an Imperial Agent, and Twi'lek as a Smuggler. Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2

The last bit of news we got were that there will be specific War Zones, which "are specifically tailored for team versus team combat, and players will experience fierce battles between the Republic and Empire". They also announced that one of the War Zone areas will be in the mountains of Alderaan.

Full text here

Comment

Working...
                                X