Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: "Star Wars: The Old Republic" Discussion Thread

Pretty damn cool updates today!

New playable species announced, clink link to read more

And a new Master Gnost-Dural (Lance Hendriksen!) holorecord, about the Mandalorian Wars! Not a whole lot new here for those of us who've played the KOTOR games, but it's damn cool nonetheless

I wonder if there'll end up being a 'collected media' disc/download, of all TOR-related webcomics and holorecords? That'd be pretty neat. Would make cool 'collectors edition' loot
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Major

So, that adds Sith Pureblood (Ragnos, Naga Sadow), Miraluka (Visas' race, right?), Mirialans (Luminara Unduli), and Zabrak (Darth Maul) to the list of playable species. Pretty neat, but I hope they include some non-humanoid species too, like Rodian or Trandoshan.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

First Lieutenant Galactic Hitchhiker's Avatar

Or a Cathari..
    "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Today's updates include....

Issue #9 of the Blood of the Empire webcomic.

and

The Jedi Knight advanced classes revealed: Guardian and Sentinel (click the Specialization button)! Looks like the Sentinel will be the dual saber class Accompanying this is a new Jedi Knight class trailer, with in-game footage.

And finally a new character bio!
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

The space combat seems like a rail shooter. That seems to be what the general complaint is.

I was hoping it would be more open. But I guess a short clip doesn't show much.

I thought it looked a lot like Rogue Squadron combat, personally.

Ooh....the update today is about starships! Only two so far (click them for more details including pictures and video), but looks like there's plenty more to come

And also a bit older, but I still think worth posting: a developer dispatch on the music of TOR

First Lieutenant Galactic Hitchhiker's Avatar

.... ummm.. isn't Star wars old republic predating the original trilogy by couple millennia? If so, why come the Sienar's design language exists in that sith empire vessel?
    "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

The Sienar company was founded 15+ millennia BBY, according to the Wookieepedia. They cite Exile and Rogue Planet as their sources. Perhaps in this period, Sienar is simply selling to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Ooh....the update today is about starships! Only two so far (click them for more details including pictures and video), but looks like there's plenty more to come

And also a bit older, but I still think worth posting: a developer dispatch on the music of TOR
    I'm disappointed with the Fury. It's like an oversized TIE-Fighter. It's something I would have expected to see the Empire use during the movies. To make it worse, look at the silhouette under it, it's an oddly shaped Millennium Falcon. I was hoping for a bit more originality, but then again, I think people would complain if it didn't look familiar.

I still can't believe they are going with a single player space experience in a massively multiplayer online role playing game.

Its just sloppy and wreaks of half assed-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami_ View Post
    I still can't believe they are going with a single player space experience in a massively multiplayer online role playing game.

Remember, this isn't EVE online.

But it is strange, since you get to have your own ship and stuff correct?

Major

I bet they're saving that for the expansion
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

You should read up on the war zones

The space battles in SWG never really picked up. Then again, PVP in general was pretty rare in that game.

New video from the PAX expo, Mysteries of Knights of the Old Republic.

Looks very very cool, some very intriguing story tease and some good footage of in-game action. Enjoy!

Very nice indeed. I hope they finally explain what happened to "him". Was great seeing the extra character at the end. Makes sense he'd be there guarding everything.

Major

Cylon meatbags? Did I hear that right?
    - Pulp Fiction

Hey Foley....

Corellia added to the list of TOR planets

Which means, at present, the planets in-game include:

1. Alderaan
    2. Balmorra
    3. Belsavis
    4. Corellia
    5. Coruscant
    6. Dromund Kaas
    7. Hoth
    8. Korriban
    9. Nal Hutta
    10. Nar Shaddaa
    11. Ord Mantell
    12. Taris
    13. Tatooine
    14. Tython
    15. Voss

15 planets
    Last edited by DigiFluid; September 10th, 2010 at 02:52 PM.