Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Lt. Vanessa James/Julia Benson Appreciation Thread

Hard to believe there isn't such a thread yet. Anyway, here it is.

Played by the talented Julia Benson, Vanessa James was a 2nd Lieutenant stationed at Icarus Base. After Icarus was attacked, she and most of the base personnel escaped through the local Stargate onto the Ancient vessel Destiny. Vanessa is now one of several people trapped aboard the ship, which takes its passengers on a preset journey across the universe. Prior to being stranded on Destiny, Vanessa had a romantic relationship with Lt. Matthew Scott. As one of the few military officers on board Destiny, she is often called upon to lead away teams and maintain the order. She is also known for offering the Kinos excellent views.

Links:

http://www.juliabenson.net
    http://www.juliabensononline.com

Hopefully, Lt. James will be given more screen time as the show progresses. Maybe one or two episodes centered around her without getting the character killed?

Carry on.

Default Re: Lt. Vanessa James/Julia Benson Appreciation Thread

She's one of my most fave secondary character in SG history. Right next to Lisa Park.

I really hope they keep this character around.

SGU: Darkness wallie

Spoiler:

Lots and lots of Lt. James from "Sabotage":

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

:-)

James is quickly becoming my favorite secondary character in Stargate. Closing it up with Zelenka, Lorne, Siler, Walter, and Riley. I just hope she gets better luck with men, so far ones dumped her for the first girl he sees while the other voluntarily exiled himself to another planet.

Doci of the BAG

Riley will make us proud

It seems Lt. James will play an important role next Friday as SGU goes Solaris:

Quote Originally Posted by sblade View Post
    Riley will make us proud
    Riley- Do I? Do I really?

That relationship would be interesting to say the least.

Doci of the BAG

Captain

Is it just me or does James seem to have an unhealthy fixation on Colonel Young? Not in any romantic sense, but she seems to need his approval and an indication that he values her contribution instead of "being stuck with her".

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    Is it just me or does James seem to have an unhealthy fixation on Colonel Young? Not in any romantic sense, but she seems to need his approval and an indication that he values her contribution instead of "being stuck with her".
    Young goes around treating Scott and Greer like surrogate sons and TJ... well you know. James probably would like Young to treat her like he would treat the others. I mean they've probably known each other all the same amount. She seems to see Young as a surrogate father even if he doesn't see her as a daughter. Not to mention the fact that Young does seem to have some issue with her. The talk he and TJ were having made me really think that Young would rather not have James with them.

Doci of the BAG

Random thought, but does anyone else think that Julia Benson looks a lot like Eureka's Erica Cerra?

Spoiler:

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
    "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by GateroomGuard View Post
    Riley- Do I? Do I really?

That relationship would be interesting to say the least.
    Young/TJ aside, there are still regulations against this, aren't there?

Honestly, I love James as a charecter because she vascillates between tough as nails and vulnerable depending on whether or not anyone is watching.

One of the things that shocked me was the chemistry between David and Julia. I'm not saying Wallace/James need to hook up (although as I've said before, I could find this extremely funny and dramatically interesting) but every time they're both talking, it's usually pretty interesting. The actors play off of each other VERY well either being awkward or suggestive or amused.

I'm just saying, David Blue + Julia Benson = gold. I'm not going to defend Wallace/James shipping until I see a bit more of both charecters though.
    Last edited by Azzers; May 13th, 2010 at 12:24 AM.

Couldn't appreciate her more if i tried.

Big fan of the character and the actress.

Not sure if i'm entirely objective though. If i had a type, it's her. To a tee.

Here's hoping they bump her up to regular status at some point. I want entire episodes devoted to Lt James.

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Here's hoping they bump her up to regular status at some point. I want entire episodes devoted to Lt James.
    I wouldn't mind that either. Bringing her to the forefront from Justice onwards has been great. Julia's pretty great at playing the more vulnerable side of James.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

She has the best natural chest on all of TV. She seems like a good actress, but I havn't seen her much. She gets naked in some horror movie, thats the only other thing I saw her in.

She seems like the typical TV woman- fighting over a man that wants someone else.
    SGU PARTY AT MY PLACE!!

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    I like this aspect of the character. She is flawed and human, and gorgeous, and that is why we like her. I also like how she cans it all up, and hides it well, but you know it grates on her. Benson is just doing great in the role. I really believe that she is all army, all the time. She does the whole regimented life of discipline much better than the Greer character, which would explain why she has made officer, and he is still among the ranks of the enlisted. I don't know how he even ever made sgt.

Quote Originally Posted by Egle01 View Post
    She's one of my most fave secondary character in SG history. Right next to Lisa Park.

I really hope they keep this character around.
    I most definitely agree with this. And I believe she won the recent Leo Award for best supporting character in a dramatic series. Don't recall who her competition was. But I was glad to see her win the award.

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    I most definitely agree with this. And I believe she won the recent Leo Award for best supporting character in a dramatic series. Don't recall who her competition was. But I was glad to see her win the award.
    Her competition was Jenifer Spence(Lisa Park) It was a win-win for SGU. But the fact that SGU got both nominations speaks volumes to both actresses quality.

Apparently Julia Benson got a chair with her name on like Patrick Gilmore got. Hopefully thats a sign she'll be staying on for quite some time.

Doci of the BAG