Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
    lol there just nuts and bolts right
    No.......But surely they're not the great unstoppable thing ........ There must be unique funny ways to fight them.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

true and they are scared of the doctor
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
        do u think pure daleks are more dangers then those that have been made from humans of less dangers because the human ones
        In The Stolen Earth, the Doctor seemed to think that the Daleks that Davros made out of his Kaled cells were more powerful than the half-human versions he encountered in Bad Wolf. So at a guess I think that the Doctor knows what he's talking about. If he thinks they were powerful...then that must mean that the new Daleks made from the original mutated Kaled mutants must be even more powerful.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

yes i guess your right the doctor does know.i am guessing because the originals will be more powerful and deadly to those they cross also harder to kill
          sigpic

Comment

Bit of a zombie post but I've been wondering this since the episode came out.
            Anyone care to speculate on the nature/purpose of the eternal?

I have a few ideas, just wondering if anyone had any theories?
            Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
            Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
            Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
            Song: Louder!
            Dalek louder: Mercy!
            Song: One more time.
            Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Originally posted by YsoL8 View Post
              Bit of a zombie post but I've been wondering this since the episode came out.
              Anyone care to speculate on the nature/purpose of the eternal?

I have a few ideas, just wondering if anyone had any theories?
              I have a few theories:

A) The Eternal is exceptionally long lived and/or hard to kill, even for a Dalek, and is charged with watching and guiding the development and long term plans of the Dalek Race
              B) The Eternal is a sort of last resort, a single Dalek capable of regenerating the entire Dalek race. As long as there is an Eternal, there will be Daleks.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

well that does make sence
                sigpic

Comment

just finished this one. I liked it a lot. 4.5/5
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

I just re-watched this episode. This is actually one of my favorites from season 5. Though I did like the New Paradigm Daleks, I've always been interested in military history since I was a boy it and was wonderful to see the Doctor with Churchill--and how they seem to have been friends for a while.

Edit: As well as being fond of military history, I also like trying all sorts of different foods. In 2010, I had plenty of ostrich, elk, buffalo, and similar foods. Upon seeing this episode again, I'm again curious as to what a Jammie Dodger tastes like.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      I just re-watched this episode. This is actually one of my favorites from season 5. Though I did like the New Paradigm Daleks, I've always been interested in military history since I was a boy it and was wonderful to see the Doctor with Churchill--and how they seem to have been friends for a while.

Edit: As well as being fond of military history, I also like trying all sorts of different foods. In 2010, I had plenty of ostrich, elk, buffalo, and similar foods. Upon seeing this episode again, I'm again curious as to what a Jammie Dodger tastes like.
                      Sugar. Dry biscuit, sticky over-sweet jam filling, and therefore very good with tea (though personally I prefer dunking bourbon biscuits).
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        Sugar. Dry biscuit, sticky over-sweet jam filling, and therefore very good with tea (though personally I prefer dunking bourbon biscuits).
                        Sounds interesting, especially the jam. I'm not that much into sweets these days as I like various meats and veggies, but bourbon biscuits (they're dark chocolate if I recall correctly) and Jammie Dodgers are definitely things I'd like to try if I get the opportunity.
                        sigpic

Comment

Never had a Jammie Dodger!?

You. Have. Not. Lived!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            Never had a Jammie Dodger!?

You. Have. Not. Lived!
                            Oh I've done plenty of living. On certain days though it feels like plenty of dying. We unfortunately don't get Jammie Dodgers over here--at least that I know of. 6 months ago a friend of mine managed to special order some Turkish Delight (yes, the real stuff with the rosewater) so she might know somebody good with imports. That was the one and only time either of us have tried Turkish Delight.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh I've done plenty of living. On certain days though it feels like plenty of dying. We unfortunately don't get Jammie Dodgers over here--at least that I know of. 6 months ago a friend of mine managed to special order some Turkish Delight (yes, the real stuff with the rosewater) so she might know somebody good with imports. That was the one and only time either of us have tried Turkish Delight.
                              Biscuits seem to be in plentiful supply at most British food stores in the States, if Google is anything to go by. It does nothing to resist the stereotype, but Brits abroad definitely seem to want a decent supply of tea and biccies more than anything else. Bourbon creams, custard creams, McVities Digestives, the awesome Hob-Nob and of course Jammie Dodgers should be relatively easy to get hold of if you want.

Aaaand now I really want a cup of tea and some bourbons. But lunch first!
                              sigpic

Comment

If you can't find them, here's a recipe you could try.

Spoiler:
                                Jammie Dodgers

Basic Cookie Dough Recipe

Ingredients:

2 cups unsalted butter, softened
                                1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
                                1 cup granulated or superfine sugar
                                2 large eggs
                                3½ cups all-purpose flour
                                4 teaspoons baking powder
                                1 teaspoon salt
                                1/4 cup milk
                                1 tablespoon vanilla extract

For filling

1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam, or seedless strawberry jam

Method

Biscuit dough

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt: add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition until blended. Stir in vanilla extract.

Divide dough into four equal portions; wrap each portion in plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Chill. Proceed with cookie instructions.

Yield 2 pounds cookie dough.

To assemble and bake

Roll cookie dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-inch round cutter and place on greased baking sheets. Cut center from half of cookies with a 1-inch round or heart shaped cutter.

Bake at 180ºC for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spread 1/2 teaspoon seedless raspberry jam on solid cookies; top with cutout cookies.

Makes 24 cookies

This is the sort of shape you are looking to get

Comment

Working...
                                X