I think the time has come for Young to get a divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the time has come for Young to get a divorce

T.J. is on the ship with him, and is the mother of his child. Young's wife is on the other side of the universe shagging Telford.

What do guys think?
    Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

None of the 4 existing, front-page threads on TJ was good enough to ask this in?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well... I don't think she's shagging Telford while he's occupying the body as of yet (Excepting that one glitch back in Earth). I'm kinda curious to see a Young/Emily scene play out where he awkwardly admits that his "one-time thing" has kinda boomed. Outward. With a baby.

Nah. He's screwed, and my sig'll need updating. Can a divorce case be worked across the universe?
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56 View Post
        T.J. is on the ship with him, and is the mother of his child. Young's wife is on the other side of the universe shagging Telford.
        What do guys think?
        That as far as we now did not happen and Emily already knew about the affair with TJ. I see the affair as something Young regreted and given how much he uses the stones to see Emily he still loves her. So I say no if Emily doesn't want to divorce him
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          That as far as we now did not happen and Emily already knew about the affair with TJ. I see the affair as something Young regreted and given how much he uses the stones to see Emily he still loves her. So I say no if Emily doesn't want to divorce him
          The part about Telford was just a joke. That being said, it will be intreasting to see if he keeps trying to make up with Emily, if she is too pissed at him after the inncodent with Telford to keep it going, or if he just decides "Hey, I've got a whole family out here, maybe I should stop worring about a broken marriage to a woman who is a billion light years away."

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            None of the 4 existing, front-page threads on TJ was good enough to ask this in?
            This thread is not about T.J. It is about Col. Young's marriage. I find your response rather rude.

5 seconds later....

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

I can't figure out how Young could possibly file for Divorce. He can't do it in Telford's body and at some point he's going to have to make a court appearence. Perhaps he should just tell Emily to divorce him and let her have everything they own jointly?
              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I don't think Emily is shagging Telford. And wow, Young is such a douche for cheating on her and still jerking her around after he got stranded with his girlfriend. Even more so when he's supposed to be a newlywed. Emily should declare him dead.

Comment

Originally posted by yanna View Post
                  I don't think Emily is shagging Telford. And wow, Young is such a douche for cheating on her and still jerking her around after he got stranded with his girlfriend. Even more so when he's supposed to be a newlywed. Emily should declare him dead.
                  Being stranded on the Destiny with TJ is hardly Young's fault. And thier is been nothing to say said affair continued on Desting. And their has been no proof that Young and Emily were newlyweds
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Even more so when he's supposed to be a newlywed.
                    I never got the sense that they were newlyweds. To me their relationship appears to be more long-term. However, they do seem to be two people going in opposite directions. Emily wants to settle in and have children, as suggested by her, "I can't wait anymore" comment in episode one. Meanwhile, Everett is giving her the impression that he wants to do anything but start a family by his continued acceptance of tours of duty which separate them by great distances and over long periods of time.

I think they do love each other, and even though this is a darker, grittier version of Stargate there will have to be some sort of big pay-off to the series other than, "And they made it home... the End". I suspect that big pay-off will be that Everett and Emily wind up doing the happily ever after with each other by series finale, even if they do get divorced along the way.

regards,
                    G.
                    Last edited by Gollumpus; 20 April 2010, 11:07 PM. Reason: typo
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Being stranded on the Destiny with TJ is hardly Young's fault.
                      Never said it was his fault. Throwing a tantrum outside her house and having the audacity to still want a relationship with her even though he's galaxies away and he conveniently left out the part about TJ being on the ship? Totally his fault. Without getting into the ewww factor of having sex with her in another man's body. The blame lies with her too for that pukefest.

It's not clear whether Emily knew or merely suspected Young had cheated on her.

And thier is been nothing to say said affair continued on Desting.
                      Quite the opposite, it looks like they are very much broken up but he still cheated on his wife.

And their has been no proof that Young and Emily were newlyweds
                      Character breakdowns said so but I agree that we don't know one way or another from the show.

Comment

Yanna,

If TJ got pregnant shortly before they were stranded on Destiny that would mean the affair was still pretty hot and heavy up to pretty close to the time of their departure. What Telford could have told Emily was about Young and TJ's last fling. The fact that he (Young) was on Icarus when everyone else arrived coupled with the fact that Emily already knew about the affair before he went to visit suggests he told her about it on his last trip home. That coupled (pardon the pun) with the fact that TJ got pregnant right before they left supports my hypothesis that the affair ended right before they left, hence TJ's decision to resign her commission and go to med school.
                        Last edited by Ser Scot A Ellison; 21 April 2010, 06:34 AM.
                        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Never said it was his fault. Throwing a tantrum outside her house and having the audacity to still want a relationship with her even though he's galaxies away and he conveniently left out the part about TJ being on the ship? Totally his fault. Without getting into the ewww factor of having sex with her in another man's body. The blame lies with her too for that pukefest.
                          Emily already knew TJ was on Destiny. She mentioned it on Earth

Character breakdowns said so but I agree that we don't know one way or another from the show.
                          Those casting calls have been wrong many times
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Someday we will find out that Jack Abbot from Genowa City is really the father of the baby.

All kidding aside, if it were just an issue of, "Hey I had an affair,sorry" then that's one thing.

Now that T.J.- a woman he has strong feelings for, a woman he desprately wants to turn to for comfort, is having his baby it becomes something else- A Family.

His wife ( who by all indications is still pissed at him by the way) is on the other side of the universe. His girlfriend and child, are with him. A Child changes everything, I think Young needs to step up and make the right choice.

5 seconds later....

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

You think he should get together with TJ because she is having his kid? Wouldn't the important thing be if he and TJ actually want to be together?

Seriously, two people in a relationship out of (1) a feeling of responsibility or (2) guilt does not a family make. If they couldn't make it work before the baby came along, a baby won't magically make it all better.
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                              X