I think the time has come for Young to get a divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Soemthing Young does not know about. Yes a child changes the whole status of the affair but it seems unfair to judge Young on unknown knowledge.
    Agreed. She is obviously choosing not to tell him for a reason. We can't blame him for anything that has or has not done because he has not been informed of her pregnancy yet. When she does tell him, and if she does tell him that it is his, and he then doesn't do anything, then yes, we would be able to judge. But not until then. For all we know, she may tell him that she's pregnant, but that it is not his (avoiding telling the truth if it was), or will tell him whose the father is (if in fact it is someone else all together). For all we know, his fling with her could have ended some time before leaving Icarus, and she could have gotten pregnant by someone else, and felt too embarrassed that she was able to get out of the relationship with Young and into another one on the rebound as soon as she had.

It is not exactly explained when their relationship had ended. All we really know, is that there was some sort of fling, and that she was planning on shipping out of Icarus to go to med school.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
      Ellie,

TJ absolutely gets a say. I'm simply wondering if she will be talking with her head or her heart. It's difficult to overlook your heart sometimes. Particularly when your heart is saying incredibly stupid things.
      I get the impression her heart had told her that their relationship was over when they ended it back on Icarus. And with her being pregnant and a good chance that it is Young's. I think she is heartbroken that she wound up pregnant. Especially since they are stranded on Destiny. And she is forced to see Young every day. The fact that she is almost four months pregnant before she tells anyone, leads me to believe that she sees the situation as more complicated then she wants to deal with
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
        Ellie,

We do know she's not excited to tell Col. Young about the pregnancy. What we don't know is why. I suspect it's because she still has feelings for the man.
        Yeh it was obvious in her expression when Scott told her that Young was coming down to the planet that she didn't want to have to deal with him.

Comment

Dont forget the baby will change things, between that and his responsibility he is gonna stop giving a crap about Earth and settle in where he is and where the most people who matter are.

Comment

Working...
          X