Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hoping we don't find out who was responsible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Destiny is moving through the universe, traveling at FTL speed from one area to another, it seems that we would leave a lot of mysteries behind, encounter aliens we may never see again, and experience a lot of "unfinished" stories. Not getting the answer right away is one of the things that keeps me watching!

Whereas other shows have "arcs" that might last several episodes or a season but will generally be resolved eventually, I think that SGU is in one way an "arcless" show in that each episode has a standalone story that may or may not be referred to again later - but in another way the entire timeline of the show is one giant arc, the "Destiny lost in space" arc. We can assume that they will not get back to Earth (if they ever do) until the very end of the series.

Anyway, I'm happy with the planet and star remaining a mystery, a nice bit of "Shore Leave" for those who came back to the Destiny.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

We very well may find out who did it. With Stargate you never know. Seriously

If you imediately know that the candle light is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.
      Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

It was Young. In the crew quarters back on Icarus. With a rod.

Oh! This is about what kind of aliens are responsible for the planet. Shame.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by mattsilver 3k View Post
          it was young. In the crew quarters back on icarus. With a rod.

Oh! This is about what kind of aliens are responsible for the planet. Shame.
          lol!
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I wouldn't mind not finding out about this planet-creating race. It kind of takes us on the same journey as the characters, they'll never know whether they should have stayed there, and neither will we.
            That being said, I wouldn't oppose them bringing it back later this season / next season either. Could be interesting as long as they don't just pull it out at a random point because they can't think of a story idea, like 'Hey! we never found out about that obelisk or weirdly aged planet, why don't we just lob that in there.'

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              we know why god credited the planet and sun. to give the crew a fighting chance. that's all i need.
              I need more. Definitely, and i'd love to see the race that shares our fascination with phallic architecture.
              Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
                I need more. Definitely, and i'd love to see the race that shares our fascination with phallic architecture.
                I'd love to see some erotic race of girls if that is what you're implying? Maybe some fanfic yumyum.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                  I'd love to see some erotic race of girls if that is what you're implying? Maybe some fanfic yumyum.
                  I wasn't implying that... but now that you mention it, it'd be interesting to see what the ships that land near or on the spire look like
                  Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

pipi,

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                    That sounds more like Farscape to me.

All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by LadyHayley View Post
                      I wouldn't mind not finding out about this planet-creating race. It kind of takes us on the same journey as the characters, they'll never know whether they should have stayed there, and neither will we.
                      That is a good point

As much as I like to know all the answers, I think that sometimes trying to explain and answer everything can ruin the power of a mystery. I felt happy for the crew who were on the planet as they bonded and enjoyed the land - it looked amazing (I want to go see that waterfall that TJ found!) - they finally got a chance to relax and become friends again. So I am quite happy to believe that God put the planet there for them to find and mend some bridges, the timing was perfect after all.

But if they do answer it, I really hope the explanation does it justice.
                      Valorin ~ Stephen
                      http://valorin.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
                        *grin*
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by ngewakl View Post
                          The planet commissioned by the mice.
                          Brilliant! HHGTTG planet brokers was on vacation when Destiny visited. I bet they got an award for this one too.

Comment

Working...
                          X