Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hoping we don't find out who was responsible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else hoping we don't find out who was responsible?

I was watching the episode and I was thinking, as much as it would be cool to know who created it, what would we actually gain apart from knowing that there is "another race" out there - would it be better if we do not know who created the planet + star?

I think it is cool when shows have secrets that get revealed later... sometimes it is obvious, or possible to guess - others really do surprise you and make you think "why didn't I see that!"

However, does it really subtract from the story not to find out who created it?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see every episode In SGU to be left with possible outcomes, but leaving with the odd one here or there, I think is good!

To be honest, I am in mixed minds - The Obelisk looks cool, its job unknown - then again, I just think it will be good to have bits of technology that look so advanced with abilities unknown and out of reach!

What do you think?

I'd be okay with them never finding out who built or moved the system. I suspect that the topic will re-appear at some point in future episodes so I'm not holding my breath on this one.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Yes. I like the mystery of not knowing who the aliens were and why they created said planet
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

we know why god credited the planet and sun. to give the crew a fighting chance. that's all i need.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What if this is the My Little Pony Planet!!!????? Will NEVER KNOW!! Actually in all honesty, I hope to find out. I am kind of curious who created it and why they left. I thought it was one of those storylines they were setting up for future eppies

Comment

The planet and obelisk just a copy of the LOST show. The Island with 4-toe statue on it. The episode title "Faith" also a copy theme from the LOST show with a "leap of faith".

It's too obvious didn't it?

Comment

And it was so original in LOST?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                The planet and obelisk just a copy of the LOST show. The Island with 4-toe statue on it. The episode title "Faith" also a copy theme from the LOST show with a "leap of faith".

What you talkin' about Phillis?
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

A redundancies at best...

Comment

A redundancies at best...
                    On a serious tone...could you rephrase that for me? I don't understand.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

An era of ideas is like a dry well...

Comment

An era of ideas is like a dry well...
                        Ah...I see now....
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe if you watch Lost. There are obelisks in many works of fiction and non-fiction.
                          sigpic

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obelisk
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy1 View Post
                              Maybe if you watch Lost. There are obelisks in many works of fiction and non-fiction.
                              The episode was definately influenced by the 2001 trilogy, down to the mysterious force that created the star and planet. An homage to 2010: Odyssey Two's questions on metaphysics. Even the timeline from Clarke's epilogue is a plausible fit for the creation of the planet

Comment

Working...
                              X