X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Season 6 Description from CW Upfronts

SUPERNATURAL: Season six will be a season of mystery and shadow. Heaven and Hell have been left in complete disarray since the apocalyptic events of season five. And now, monsters, angels and demons roam across a lawless and chaotic landscape. And so Dean Winchester, who has retired from hunting and sworn never to return, finds himself being pulled back into his old life – pulled back by none other than Sam Winchester, who has escaped from Hell. The two reunite to beat back the rising tide of creatures and demon-spawn, but they quickly realize that neither are who they used to be, their relationship isn’t what it used to be, and that nothing is what it seems.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/...es-smallville/
    Oh..I like it.

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    Thanks for this, MWB. Sounds like you were dead on with your post, Lizzie!
    Thanks...it doesn't happen very often...

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
    CW reveals fall schedule - and it has Supernatural on Fridays!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...cs=1&ref=bd_tv

Great news!
    a) FALL
    b) Friday, this means, that I can watch it on Saturday =)
    I can watch it on Saturday too... that'll be OK with me. Does it hurt it's ratings though?

Just to add to this, on the long description it dose list Misha Collins on the main cast list for season 6.
    That's really great news....I was wondering how he would fit in as an angel this season but if there're plenty of lawless dicks angels and demons roaming around, looks like he'll come in handy.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
      I can watch it on Saturday too... that'll be OK with me. Does it hurt it's ratings though?
      It CAN really hurt the ratings, Friday is a horrible night to try and get people to watch live. BUT, the networks have low expectations of their Friday programming. So if there is a drop, it kind of gives those shows a scapegoat excuse: "Well, what do you expect, you put us on Fridays?" So that can actually help a show in that regard.

Case in point on low expectations: my boss has a local sports show on our CW affililiate. He moved his show over from NBC and when he told the CW what his show's 'low' numbers (according to NBC) were, the CW, being the lowest rated network, said they would be THRILLED with that amount of viewers!

Are we are talking about it hurting the chances of getting a season 7, though? My impression has sort have been that those involved (the boys, Eric Kripke, et al) were, in part, doing season 6 as a thank you to fans. Are ANY of them right now saying that they are interested in going past this? Cause it really seemed like this year, it wasn't the CW's reluctance to renew that was the hold up, it was the people involved in making the show trying to decide if they had another year in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        It CAN really hurt the ratings, Friday is a horrible night to try and get people to watch live. BUT, the networks have low expectations of their Friday programming. So if there is a drop, it kind of gives those shows a scapegoat excuse: "Well, what do you expect, you put us on Fridays?" So that can actually help a show in that regard.

Case in point on low expectations: my boss has a local sports show on our CW affililiate. He moved his show over from NBC and when he told the CW what his show's 'low' numbers (according to NBC) were, the CW, being the lowest rated network, said they would be THRILLED with that amount of viewers!

Are we are talking about it hurting the chances of getting a season 7, though? My impression has sort have been that those involved (the boys, Eric Kripke, et al) were, in part, doing season 6 as a thank you to fans. Are ANY of them right now saying that they are interested in going past this? Cause it really seemed like this year, it wasn't the CW's reluctance to renew that was the hold up, it was the people involved in making the show trying to decide if they had another year in them.
        Smallville actually did quite well on Friday's in terms of ratings. Sure it took a hit in live ratings from moving from Thursday to Friday's but the CW renewed it for a 10th season. I'm not that worried about the ratings being the demise of Supernatural but rather the creative and team not wanting to go further.

But from the sound of what auseillo wrote, it sounds like a good set up for a season 6 and maybe beyond.

Comment

I really like the way they make Season 6 sound. I for one am very excited. The change to Friday nights doesn't excite me though.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I really like the way they make Season 6 sound. I for one am very excited. The change to Friday nights doesn't excite me though.
            I am too...and I'm also not thrilled about the move to Friday....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              I am too...and I'm also not thrilled about the move to Friday....
              I just don't see why they have to mess with a good thing. Supernatural has been on Thursday nights for so long. Just leave it be IMO.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think it makes sense from the network's POV. They need the prime Thursday spot to launch their new show - although there's already been a series by that name - which is also targeted at the younger audience that watches 'Vampire Diaries'. Also - and this is purely conjecture from my point of view - they know that Spn has a very loyal fanbase with a substantial part older than the usual CW viewers, so they are more liable to be home Friday night to watch the show, rather than head out partying. Plus the pairing with Smallville worked well in the past.

sigpic
                Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Just to add to this, on the long description it dose list Misha Collins on the main cast list for season 6.
                  wow thank you i was a bit concerned that Castiel wouldnt be in the 6th season i cant wait its still too lang till fall
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                    I think it makes sense from the network's POV. They need the prime Thursday spot to launch their new show - although there's already been a series by that name - which is also targeted at the younger audience that watches 'Vampire Diaries'. Also - and this is purely conjecture from my point of view - they know that Spn has a very loyal fanbase with a substantial part older than the usual CW viewers, so they are more liable to be home Friday night to watch the show, rather than head out partying. Plus the pairing with Smallville worked well in the past.
                    True...but I hated when they moved Smallville too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      True...but I hated when they moved Smallville too.
                      As long as it doesn't negatively affect this great show and it's ratings, I can live with the day change.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        As long as it doesn't negatively affect this great show and it's ratings, I can live with the day change.
                        It better not negatively affect the ratings....
                        sigpic

Comment

Misha Collins and Jim Beaver will return in Season 6!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-season-6.html

Comment: one the one hand it means that the angel/demon arc isn't finished as in "we won't see anything of that any more" but I am very happy that those two guys are still sticking with SPN, just because I like them so much!
                          The cake is a lie!

Comment

I am very relieved that both Castiel and Bobby will be a part of this coming season.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Comment: one the one hand it means that the angel/demon arc isn't finished as in "we won't see anything of that any more" but I am very happy that those two guys are still sticking with SPN, just because I like them so much!
                              Very good news.
                              sigpic
                              It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Excellent!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X