What if Greer died from the fruit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Greer died from the fruit?

Greer eats the fruit....and dies....from food poising.....a man who believed he was bad ass and therefore did not need testing on the fruit to see it was edible....what an idiot....His intelligence has dropped a little.

It would have been ironic...a well trained soldier...who survived the Icarus base as well as other threats posed to the destiny (not counting his death in "Time") dies...by a little piece of fruit....

The planet however did reminded me of Kobol so if he did die it would make sense...after all they have to pay a "price of blood".

It also would have been ironic given the "Faith" title of the episode, he had faith in the space kiwi

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
      It also would have been ironic given the "Faith" title of the episode, he had faith in the space kiwi
      Nice for finding more irony.

Here is more irony revealed in this episode. We find out TJ is pregnant with Young's kid. Earlier Young got mad at Telford because he believed the man was trying to destroy his relationship with his wife however it is Young who slept with another woman as well as knocking her up (TJ).

Comment

Some guys are in the 'you can't do it, but i can camp... Which is where young seems to be.
        BUT i do agree, it would have been funny as heck to see Greer bite the bullet after eating that Kiwi..

Comment

But if Greer did die im sure there will be a lot of hate on SGU saying that there racist because they killed one of the few black guys.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
            But if Greer did die im sure there will be a lot of hate on SGU saying that there racist because they killed one of the few black guys.
            I sure hope not. I find that kind of thing baseless and born out of a desire to be a muck-raker. It reminds me of Spike Lee criticizing Clint Eastwood for not having any black marines in "Flags of Our Fathers" when in reality, the corps was still segregated at the time and no black marines took part in the action on Iwo Jima. In WWII, most black corpsmen were reserves/ supply troops.

Comment

the chances of actually dying was very low. I think there are only a handfull of plants on earth that are lethal to humans in tiny quantities (there are plenty that are poisenous in larger quantities and plenty of animal products that are lethal in tiny quantities). I agree that he should have waited, but everything else on the planet fit perfectly so it makes sense that this fit too.
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                I sure hope not. I find that kind of thing baseless and born out of a desire to be a muck-raker. It reminds me of Spike Lee criticizing Clint Eastwood for not having any black marines in "Flags of Our Fathers" when in reality, the corps was still segregated at the time and no black marines took part in the action on Iwo Jima. In WWII, most black corpsmen were reserves/ supply troops.
                Is it really all that baseless though? Jamil Walker Smith is the only black actor on the credits, and until Ming Na was recently bumped back up to the main cast, was the only minority in an otherwise white primary cast. If either was suddenly killed off for something silly like eating alien fruit, I'd expect all sorts of PC groups to be crying foul that their minority was taken off the main cast. Things will be different, of course, if the character was killed off because of contractual obligations or if it moved the plot along in a meaningful way; just as long as its not an empty death.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                  Is it really all that baseless though? Jamil Walker Smith is the only black actor on the credits, and until Ming Na was recently bumped back up to the main cast, was the only minority in an otherwise white primary cast. If either was suddenly killed off for something silly like eating alien fruit, I'd expect all sorts of PC groups to be crying foul that their minority was taken off the main cast. Things will be different, of course, if the character was killed off because of contractual obligations or if it moved the plot along in a meaningful way; just as long as its not an empty death.
                  It all depends. I find that too often, people play the racist or sexist card as a way of getting what they want or to create a "buzz" for themselves and wind up in the news. See the Spike Lee example I cited.

Not saying it's always baseless, but sometimes one character isn't jiving with the others. If killing off any character would benefit the show (as opposed to merely being for shock value *ahem, Carson*), I'd be for it.

Comment

If Greer had died from eating the kiwi he would then be an "ex-Marine"

All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                      The planet however did reminded me of Kobol so if he did die it would make sense...after all they have to pay a "price of blood".
                      but after 150.000 years i'm sure that no longer a problem. but i will say it was awesome for SG to film @ that location. it proves destiny is retracing the path of the 13 tribes next stop the 12 colonies
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Q.) What if Greer died form eating that piece of fruit?

A.) Zach get's his room? (for all the B- fans out there)

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

He dies and life goes on. Oh and obviously the fruit is now classified as a poison, which Rush might want get his hands on for you know what...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Some guys are in the 'you can't do it, but i can camp... Which is where young seems to be.
                            BUT i do agree, it would have been funny as heck to see Greer bite the bullet after eating that Kiwi..
                            Unless it is that he realised the errors of his ways, you should notice he is no longer with TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                              Or when they moan about the Miss america competition not having enough blacks in it, then going and having a black only comp.. To me they are as bad as one another.

Comment

Working...
                              X