Who stayed behind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who stayed behind?

In the end, did everyone come back? Or did a few stay behind.
    I was hoping Chloe was going to stay...
    Waste of that busted up shuttle if no one stayed!

Well, when we see the returnees I believe we only see perhaps half to two thirds the number of bodies. This could mean that someone stayed behind or it just means we didn't actually see everyone walk through the door. I don't recall seeing Lt. James' hearthrob walking through the door.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Scott said eleven wanted to stay, that included TJ, Chloe and himself so... eight red shirts were left on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
        Scott said eleven wanted to stay, that included TJ, Chloe and himself so... eight red shirts were left on the planet.
        Red Shirts...*snorfle*
        I disgust myself sometimes.

Comment

I was wondering about this as well. All military personnel returned, so did the rest of the eleven that wanted to stay, stay? Well, obviously Chloe didn't. Otherwise, what happened with the second shuttle?

I like how SGU has more open endings like this.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            I was wondering about this as well. All military personnel returned, so did the rest of the eleven that wanted to stay, stay? Well, obviously Chloe didn't. Otherwise, what happened with the second shuttle?

I like how SGU has more open endings like this.
            I don't, at least not with something like that. I understand not showing what the Obelisk was for, and who put the planet there and whatnot, but at least show us who stayed behind. Everyone on Destiny knows whos missing, why didnt they show us?

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
              I don't, at least not with something like that. I understand not showing what the Obelisk was for, and who put the planet there and whatnot, but at least show us who stayed behind. Everyone on Destiny knows whos missing, why didnt they show us?
              Because maybe it encourages us to think about the subject, and make up our own minds, on staying or leaving. Or maybe 'cause it will come back later on. Or maybe 'cause they don't want us to know how many people stayed there exactly. Or maybe: It's dangerous for TPTB to get into exact numbers in such a limited setting where bringing in new characters ain't that easy.

There could be so many reasons.

In general, it keeps you wondering and thinking about the episode. Leaving open the possibility for our own interpretation. And leaving open room for TPTB.
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                Well, when we see the returnees I believe we only see perhaps half to two thirds the number of bodies. This could mean that someone stayed behind or it just means we didn't actually see everyone walk through the door. I don't recall seeing Lt. James' hearthrob walking through the door.

regards,
                G.
                Actually I dont think so. At first people like airmen dunning and some Marines wanted to stay behind. However, Young said all the military people had to come with him if he was to leave the shuttle. SO that takes about five away from the number. I really dont think any more than 4 or 5 stayed behind.
                sigpic

Comment

So - all the military personnel returned. So did the "yeah, and along the way you do the best with whatever crap you happen to step in" guy, Chloe and Volker with a tray of samples.

After Young said "What will it be?" i remember seeing a few people go to the other side. A couple (maybe), an asian(?) man dressed in a dark-red (?) clothing, a woman wearing a red blouse and a man with gray hair. We didn't see the "we're here for a reason" guy (Caine) returning so he probably stayed behind as well. Around 6 people ?

And the second shuttle was left there.
                  Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                    I think they didn't show it because the ones who stayed on the planet are all nonames, except for that one guy Lt. James has a crush on.
                    I wonder though if those eight people will someday return, hopefully as mindless or brainwashed people/monsters who are used by those "friendly" aliens. That's what I was kind of hoping for with Chloe, when she got kidnapped in "Space".

Comment

I have a bad feeling about the ending though..... first of all. Young said that the other shuttle was not 100% and could never fly out of the planets atmosphere...and therefore was going to be left behind for those who stayed. My impression is that about 1/2 dozen or so civilians stayed behind.

The problem is.......the shuttle. It has a data base and record in its systems....if the planet was created by other beings....then anyone and the shuttle is now marked evidence that someone is on Destiny.

And if these beings are looking for the ancients ... here is their first clue. I think these actions of those left behind and the shuttle is going to come back and bite the crew of the Destiny in the ass later on.
                      For all we know.....given the hints of season 2......I am wondering if the Elucian alliance is going to be connected to this someway or another?

Comment

How. Unless they know of another Icarus planet, they can't get there..
                        BUT i would have loved them talking it over afterwards, goin over the names.

Comment

6 civilians stayed behind.

Caine, balding asian guy, redhead lady, chubby lady, brown dude, and gray haired dude.
                          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                            6 civilians stayed behind.

Caine, balding asian guy, redhead lady, chubby lady, brown dude, and gray haired dude.
                            Balding Asian guy?! NOOOO!

I saw Volker, Greer and TJ walk through the door and that's all I cared about

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                              Balding Asian guy?! NOOOO!
                              I'm really gonna miss BaldingAsianGuy - he was a cool dude. Sigh.
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                              X