The senator's body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The senator's body?

Did I miss something? Or did he fall into a plot hole?
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
    proabably released off screen we didn't need to see it.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I have no clue either...

Comment

For now we don't know. I assume they spaced him, but a line mentioning it would have been nice. That was my only real gripe with the episode.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Continunity error. Plot hole is something completely different
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Continunity error. Plot hole is something completely different
            True...but in the context of a show with wormholes as a central plot point...it sounded better
            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

They powered the shield down, and the body went out the window. Then jump to ftl.
              sigpic

Comment

It's not exactly a continuity error either. Just an unanswered question.

Fairly safe to assume that the body was either spaced or buried on a planet they stopped at though.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was wondering about that myself. They should have included a line about it at least, but maybe we're just supposed to figure it out and move forward. Still, I'd think they'd have some sort of ceremony or something.

Comment

I was afraid you were talking about burying the Senator (and any other deceased) on the planet. I could just see a "Search for Spock" moment creeping up on us...

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                      They powered the shield down, and the body went out the window. Then jump to ftl.
                      the crew doesn't decide when the ship stops and goes.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Who cares? He's not going to be alive again anytime soon, and if his body's location was important for the plot, we'd know about it. Maybe a Kinosode in the future will talk about it, but I personally just shrug and say, "Well, that happened. They've had time to do it, and they did off screen. Yay team."
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid1 View Post
                          It's not exactly a continuity error either. Just an unanswered question.

Fairly safe to assume that the body was either spaced or buried on a planet they stopped at though.
                          It's kind of a continuity error....there is no mention of the rotting corpse in the ship...until a throw away line to the effect of "he's not going anyway for now." (the episode escapes me) and then he's just gone....maybe not an error but lazy writing

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            Maybe a Kinosode in the future will talk about it,
                            I kind of hope for this, personally. But I also completely agree with this:

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            but I personally just shrug and say, "Well, that happened. They've had time to do it, and they did off screen. Yay team."
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's kind of a continuity error....there is no mention of the rotting corpse in the ship...until a throw away line to the effect of "he's not going anyway for now." (the episode escapes me) and then he's just gone....maybe not an error but lazy writing
                              I file this under a couple of things that have happened on this show--it doesn't need to be explained, and I'm rather glad that I'm not being spoonfed all the answers. Whether they spaced the body or buried it, I really just don't care. It happened, but the circumstances don't matter to the story at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X