• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Greers digging conversation

Also Rushs "Wooow"...
    Irony is security... in your eyes

Comment

The Brodie & Park scenes were really funny. One pessimist, one optimist... loved the "we can turn left" line from Park.

I absolutely adore the scene with Rush carving chess pieces and the expressions on his face in response to Young.

Young: "I'm sorry you never got your wish."
      Rush: (Eyes to the left, eyes to the right, frown of confusion) "What wish was that?"
      Young: "Aliens advanced enough to create a solar system, finally someone you could have a decent conversation with."
      Rush: (utter blank stare = unspoken thoughts = 'Was that supposed to be funny? What a moron!)
      Young: "I like chess."
      Rush: (continued blank stare until he realizes Young actually wants a response of some kind so he nods his head)
      Young: (leaves)
      Rush: (grins slightly to himself as he connects with the idea of kicking Young's behind at chess)

Every time I watch that scene, I have to laugh. Robert Carlyle is just so incredibly expressive without even speaking. The look on his face during that scene... utterly priceless.

It almost makes me sorry for Young because Young's just so incredibly clueless and utterly inept - what a terribly bad joke to try to make. He just has absolutely no comprehension of Rush at all. Nada, zip, zero.

I also rather liked Lt James' comment on the new artifact they found. "It looks like a robot."

And the early scene between Rush and Young was good too.
      "You look like you're going to drop dead"..."that's a bad thing?"..."yes, Rush, that's a bad thing"... "the civilians didn't try to take over because they think I'm doing a bang up job, I get that"..."Good for you."

Love the way Rush says "Good for you" - it's so dripping with disdain. Three words and yet there's so much implicit in the way they're said.

On the opposite side of things... can someone please smack Eli upside the head and get him to stop making stupid movie references at completely the wrong times. One or two were funny in the early episodes, but now it's irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
        Another excellant scene was Eli sharing his fruit with Wray, on the condition that she not tell on him for hoarding it. Actually, their scenes together were interesting period. First real interaction between the two.
        I liked how Eli first tried to turn away when he saw Wray, I was thinking "Does Eli have something against her?". But then he took the kiwi out and I realised he was just trying to save the whole fruit for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
          And the early scene between Rush and Young was good too.
          "You look like you're going to drop dead"..."that's a bad thing?"..."yes, Rush, that's a bad thing"... "the civilians didn't try to take over because they think I'm doing a bang up job, I get that"..."Good for you."

Love the way Rush says "Good for you" - it's so dripping with disdain. Three words and yet there's so much implicit in the way they're said.

It looked to me like he was actually serious when he complimented Young..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            It looked to me like he was actually serious when he complimented Young..
            Uh no, that was sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Um no. It would have very little effect for MGM. Instead of getting money for foriegn station MGM would just get more money from places like iTunes and Hulu. It would probably be a little more for SyFy depending how many view through SyFy Rewind
              Yeh. Just like Space network runs the episodes on their site as well. And when I was at ComicCon in Toronto a month or so back , I asked them (they had a booth there) if viewing off of their site counted towards the ratings. And what they told me, was that they do, it is just not calculated in the same way as the Television viewings. So I'm guessing they have two separate ratings for the show. TV viewing and online viewing. Which I was relieved to find out that there are ratings for watching on their site as for a while I didn't have access to the channel (no cable). Now my dad has Satelite and he is taping them for me as of this episode (Faith).
              My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
              "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Working...
              X