This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The temporary everything Doctor Who thread

Since we lost our Doctor Who subforum in the crash the other day and are still awaiting its restoration, I thought I'd start up a temporary home for displaced Whovians. So go ahead and use this thread for anything and everything Doctor Who until we get our subforum back (at which point, this thread may as well be closed).

Don't forget spoiler tags for new episodes!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Tomorrow Series 5 begins on BBC America at last!

Comment

yea i would
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Anywhere, any time, any how, without a doubt

I've spent the last couple days watching old Who. I'm into Patrick Troughton territory now. He's quite a change of pace from William Hartnell, but I like him so far--even though most of what I've seen has been incomplete episodes on the Lost in Time set
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've been watching Series 4 the past few days.....got my sister into it.

Comment

Nice.

I found the Specials BD set on sale a few days ago and picked that up It's the only new Who I own lol

Comment

Victory of the Daleks tonight
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                Victory of the Daleks tonight
                Certainly is, and it's probably the first time I've looked forward to a Dalek story in some time. Well...cautiously looked forward to a Dalek story.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Likewise. I hated Journey's End and its predecessor. In fact the only Dalek story I really loved was 'Dalek' in Series 27. Doomsday was fun though.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Very good idea and the way it looks we didn't only loose or subforum but also lost your original username, DigiFluid. Will you also get that back?
                    In regards of tonight. I just hope that the episode will be less chaotic. The first two episodes of the new series were not bad but too hectic and all over the place for my taste. The show has to calm down a bit.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                      Likewise. I hated Journey's End and its predecessor. In fact the only Dalek story I really loved was 'Dalek' in Series 27. Doomsday was fun though.
                      Dalek was pretty good, I think it made them a more believable and threatening menace. Personally I think it was downhill from there on Dalek-wise, though Doomsday had its moments. And the less said about the abominable mess that was Evolution of the Daleks, the better.

If Victory of the Daleks doesn't work though, I hope never to see the genocidal pepperpots again. At least not until the Moff himself writes a decent story for them.
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                        In regards of tonight. I just hope that the episode will be less chaotic. The first two episodes of the new series were not bad but too hectic and all over the place for my taste. The show has to calm down a bit.
                        Well, there's a different writer for this one. So the hope for less chaotic stuff may be what The Doctor ordered. Heh, I just made a punny.

I'm very much looking forward to a new Doctor Vs Dalek story. Bring it on!
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          Well, there's a different writer for this one. So the hope for less chaotic stuff may be what The Doctor ordered. Heh, I just made a punny.

I'm very much looking forward to a new Doctor Vs Dalek story. Bring it on!
                          just found this thread, watched the Dr tonite..........not sure
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                            Very good idea and the way it looks we didn't only loose or subforum but also lost your original username, DigiFluid. Will you also get that back?
                            So I'm told. It's been....what, 4 days since the crash now?

Comment

Apparently, when they filmed the first episode, Amy Pond's house was empty, its now occupied, I wonder if they know they have a fracture in reality in one of their rooms?

Comment

Working...
                              X