X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goa'uld zpms

what is the goa'uld version of a zpm?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I don't think the Goa'uld have anything remotely as powerful as a ZPM, but I think the use power crystals, similar to the stargate's power source (located in the DHD).
    Rocky

Comment

To the best of our knowledge, they just use Naquada Reactors.
      sigpic

Comment

mobeus spoiler

well ra did have a zpm so at least we know some of them had them and prolly used them!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The Goa'uld do not use Zero Point energy (they aren't that advanced). They use naquada based systems.
          -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
          -Jack O'Niell

Comment

considering ra was the most powerful system lord im sure he mastered it considering we also mastered using it!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
              considering ra was the most powerful system lord im sure he mastered it considering we also mastered using it!
              We did no such thing. We managed to hot wire it to a stargate. That's it.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Actually, I did think Ra had one too, but I now think that maybe he didnt have one and that it's just in a place, back when he ruled or something like that. The goa'uld, as one poster said, aren't that advanced.
                Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

they where scavengers, they figured stuff out and we know for a fact ra had one.

for all we know the staff weapons where originally made by the ancients, we my phrasing was wrong, we didnt master them but we still managed to use it and it turns out they even intergrate it into the new ship!
                  sigpic

Comment

The Goa'uld might have ZPM:s, but they are so inefficient that a regular Nq-reactor is better. Their gliders, Tel'taks, Ha'tak all use sublight propulsion based on the manipulation of strings, which is in the same area where ZPM:s operate. So the Goa'uld should have a somewhat insight in making a ZPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      they where scavengers, they figured stuff out and we know for a fact ra had one.

for all we know the staff weapons where originally made by the ancients, we my phrasing was wrong, we didnt master them but we still managed to use it and it turns out they even intergrate it into the new ship!
                      In fact the Goa'uld stole everything they have. Most of the goa'lud weapons were more than likely was old ancient weaponry, and rings were created by the ancients.
                      -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                      -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Originally posted by earck
                        In fact the Goa'uld stole everything they have. Most of the goa'lud weapons were more than likely was old ancient weaponry, and rings were created by the ancients.
                        Wrong, although it's a common misconseption.

The Goa'uld have invented alot of stuff. They steal technology and then modify and make alterations and base new technology from the stolen stuff, but they still invent stuff.

T.E.R. (Several episodes)
                        Symbiote-masking drug. (Fallout)
                        Anubis' Scout Probe (Heroes)
                        Anubis' Mind-downloader (Revelation)
                        Anubis' Kull Warriors (Evolution)
                        Anubis' Kull Warriors Weapons (Evolution)
                        Anubis' Kull Warriors Armor (Evolution)
                        Hathor's SGC-base (Out Of Mind/Into The Fire)
                        Apophis' SG-X (Rules of Engagement)
                        Apophis' New ship (Upgrades)
                        Apophis' Recall device (Tangent)
                        Unknown ship (Nightwalkers)
                        Baal's gravity experiments (Abyss)
                        Baal's Avenger 2.0 (Avenger 2.0)
                        Hathor's/Nirrti's cloak (Into The Fire, Fair Game)

Those are the ones I can name right away.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
                          Spoiler:
                          Actually, I did think Ra had one too, but I now think that maybe he didnt have one and that it's just in a place, back when he ruled or something like that. The goa'uld, as one poster said, aren't that advanced.
                          They are very advanced. They've been flying around in FTL ships for what, around 20,000 or more years? Um, yeah, they are advanced. Whether or not they've found ZPMs and used them is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by earck
                            That's utter nonsense. Goa'uld tech, for the most part, is quite unique. NO ship or weapon that we've seen is remotely like Goau'ld ships or weapons. Check out this thread for more detail on why you are wayyyyy wrong

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...2&page=3&pp=20

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                              Whether or not they've found ZPMs and used them is another story.
                              they have, ra had one which is the whole point of mobeus one, to get it off him!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X