Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking an answer before the next episode airs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking an answer before the next episode airs.

What I want to know, and have yet to see anywhere on these forums are answers to the following questions:

1.) What are/were the goals of the civilian insurrectionists? We have heard Wray going on about civilian control of the military etc. What else were they hoping to achieve?

2.) Assuming that the insurrection was successful, what would they, specifically Wray assuming she gets to sit in "the big chair", what would she do on a day to day basis that would improve their lot in life? Would there be more food? More water? Would a quick path home be unveiled?

3.) Assuming a successful insurrection, and the military were NOT on side with the new order of things, just how were the civilians going to contain the military and keep them from staging their own take-over of Destiny? Assuming the need to re-arm the military in defense of the ship, what was the plan to get the weapons back after the emergency was over?

4.) Assuming there was a successful insurrection, and Young went off to sulk in his tent like a guy from Chile while the rest of the military took a "we don't give a damn, we're all retiring from the military and are now civilians" stance, who would Wray and company have to order around and just how would they be able to maintain control of the ship assuming there was some sort of social disorder? They have been near riot status on previous episodes...

5.) Assuming a complete capitulation by the military and Young and company did knuckle under to civilian authority, just what would Wray and company do with them? What would happen next?

This may have been noted elsewhere, but if it has I have yet to see it.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

I honestly think that there are no answers yet to those questions, just speculations depending on who you're asking. The main problem was with Young, and the main goal was getting him to stand down. It would be my conjecture that the civlians would have tried to structure their government in a fashion after Earth's, and Wray would have probably locked up those soldiers who wouldn't submit to 'the will of the people.' Like Greer.
    But yeah, I could only guess what the long term plan was. I supported the civilians taking a stand, but I'm still hoping for a situation to arise that doesn't waste Young's leadership skills, but doesn't place him solely in charge of judging life and death aboard Destiny.

Comment

I have to agree with Daro on that one. It sounded like the civilians were somewhat caught by surprise by their opportunity to stage their coup. The need to act immediately overrode any logical need to plan on how to keep Destiny under their control after the fact. It seems like a "cross that bridge when you come to it" kind of situation, to me at least.
      "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
      -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Working...
      X