No announcement yet.

A mutual obsession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, Ellie. But it was an amusing thought. I think Rush was generally miffed at Eli getting all the credit, but it wasn't something he was really upset about. He's got plenty of real tragedy to get upset about.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      Nope, it's not that. I get the impression he was used to it. After all, Becker hands him a tray so he doesn't go to dinner at all, if he ever did. I also don't think he's the jealous type.
      Indeed, the way Becker had his dinner all ready for him ("Here you are, Dr. Rush") made it seem as though Rush usually didn't join the others for dinner. A loner even before Destiny (or already in the doghouse with Young?).
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
        FRIDAY! WHOOOHOO!

*ahem* Sorry.

So anyway, I think Rush was tortured. I mean, he may not remember all of it, but we saw that even having contact with the alien neural interface was painful, and more so for the sender (Young fell in the floor and screamed in pain.) Plus, the implant might have been done while Rush was under sedation, but I doubt they gave him much for the post-op pain. And torture here also means mental anguish, not just physical torture. Namely, Rush is very afraid after his return. Afraid that Young will finish the job, afraid the aliens will come back, afraid that any attempt to remove the implant will result in his death. He's so afraid that he comes up with his worst plan ever, deciding the aliens will give up and go away if the shields hold. Rush knows better than that. I think, before "Justice," he would have faced the problem and had the implant removed, ideal coniditions or no. I like seeing when Rush is afraid, personally. It makes him that much more human.
        yes, you are quite right, torture is more than a physical act only and yes, I'd definitely agree that he is afraid when he gets back. But afraid of what exactly? Obsession is the word there, I think, both Rush's obsession and the aliens' obsession. I think Rush fears that the aliens want the ship (and shouldn't have it). I think he fears that Young will, if provoked, find a way to remove Rush from the ship permanently. In any case, Rush would no longer have the thing that he's obsessed with, and I think that's where much of his fear comes from.

I really do wish that I didn't have a head like a sieve so that I could credit the poster (here or elsewhere...dratted silly brain!) that made a good point that the aliens can't get through Destiny;s shields, and that's why he's so insistent that they stay up, even if the ship is taking fire.
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
          Indeed, the way Becker had his dinner all ready for him ("Here you are, Dr. Rush") made it seem as though Rush usually didn't join the others for dinner. A loner even before Destiny (or already in the doghouse with Young?).
          Yeap ! i agree , he seems to be so alone and i think that the women in the picture ( in Air ) has something to do with . Maybe he had done what coronel o'neill did before (all his soon thing )
          Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Working...
          X