Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Beginning of the End, To Soon or is it the right time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beginning of the End, To Soon or is it the right time?

So I just wanted to ask you if you think that LOST ends prematurley, or is it the right time for finish the story? As much as I love lost (maybe even more than all my beloved sci-fi shows) it is a good thing that its coming to an end, because as much as I enjoyed it, the ptb are getting tired, i had that feeling since season five. Season One - Three were awesome (well the last part of season three) season four was good to, season five was unique, and season six, at first i though the alt universe thing was just a plain stupid thing of the writers because they did not know better, but after dr linus it really caught my interest. But I guess its the right time to say goodbye to LOST. or..not?
    sigpic

Personally, I think they are choosing to end things at the right time. They are wrapping up things pretty nicely IMO.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Personally, I think they are choosing to end things at the right time. They are wrapping up things pretty nicely IMO.
      i've followed this show from the first ep, and i think this is a good time to end it. 'not' because it's showing wear and tear, but be/c it's not.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I agree. I'm going to miss it when it's gone, but still, I think the show is wrapping up at a good time. We're not going to have to worry about that dreaded season where TPTB have no idea where they're going with the story and then just end it after that because of bad ratings (a la That 70's show, probably Heroes, and many other series). I'm glad LOST will be going out on top.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i've followed this show from the first ep, and i think this is a good time to end it. 'not' because it's showing wear and tear, but be/c it's not.
          I'd have posted the same thing.

Comment

Yeah i usually want tv shows that I love to continue, but then again there's always the chance that they go on too long and get stale and overdone. It would have been a travesty if Lost had been cut short, yet it is the type of show that wouldn't benefit from going on too long. It's ending at a good time in my opinion. The 6 seasons is(hopefully)enough to wrap it up nicely and each season has had so much variety and enough to keep it fresh and interesting(understatement!) I'll be both sad and happy when Lost finally ends, sad because one of my current and probably all time favourite shows will be finished but happy that it got a good finish and it ended on their own time and terms. I agree with the posters that have said it's a good time to end it while it's still good and not because it is not.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
              Yeah i usually want tv shows that I love to continue, but then again there's always the chance that they go on too long and get stale and overdone. It would have been a travesty if Lost had been cut short, yet it is the type of show that wouldn't benefit from going on too long. It's ending at a good time in my opinion. The 6 seasons is(hopefully)enough to wrap it up nicely and each season has had so much variety and enough to keep it fresh and interesting(understatement!) I'll be both sad and happy when Lost finally ends, sad because one of my current and probably all time favourite shows will be finished but happy that it got a good finish and it ended on their own time and terms. I agree with the posters that have said it's a good time to end it while it's still good and not because it is not.
              I agree with you completely. This is one of the longest running series on TV ever. I always admire the work of all the Cast and Crew of Lost. Now i am gonna Watch Lost Episodes Online again and remembering the old memories.. What about you ?

Comment

Longest running series on TV ever, really? Lost was on for six years. Hmm...

7 Years: MacGyver, Star Trek (TNG, DS9, VOY)
                9 Years: The X Files
                10 Years: Little House on the Prairie, Smallville, Stargate SG-1
                15 Years: ER

Comment

M*A*S*H was 11 years too, plus had the most watched finale in the history of television.

LOST was awesome, but not even close to te longest running.

In other news:

tonight's mega millions lotto drawing
                  no joke.

it was only 2 numbers off...got 4 of the 6
                  screenshot form the MM website

L O S T

Comment

I think it was definately the right time for lost to end, but the ending was not correct...we should have seen alot more of the past interactions on the island of the end, we also should have seen exactly why jacob and his mother do not trust or engage themselves in any way with other humans on the island. SO MUCH was left unanswered or poorly answered and so many elements which were brought into play late in the series did no properly explain or give reason for many of the earlier cliffhangers and plot points. Basically, I believe that this show was an ingenious and revolutionary idea, the writers just seriously let us down in the end.

Comment

Playing the LOST numbers would have netted me $150. Too bad I was too smart to play them!

Comment

Working...
                      X