Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrew Lockington Appreciation Thread (Because he deserves it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew Lockington Appreciation Thread (Because he deserves it)

Because so many people are incredibly impressed/wowed/completely in love with Andrew Lockington's new soundtrack for Sanctuary, I thought it only fair to start a thread for him. Because, yes, he DOES deserve one. His music is AWESOME.

"YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

This is a great idea, Mimzy!! Lockington really is fantastic! I'm always attentive to soundtracks when I watch stuff, and Lockington's material always blows me away!

Maybe someone will notice this thread and release a soundtrack??? *crosses fingers* lol...

Comment

YES!!!!!! I really want the soundtrack
      Especially the theme at the end of "Sleepers."
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
        YES!!!!!! I really want the soundtrack
        Especially the theme at the end of "Sleepers."
        Oh man, I know!!! Every time I watch that, the combination of the music and the great acting always brings a tear to my eyes.

Comment

Did you know he did the soundtrack for the movie City of Ember? Look it up on youtube; it is seriously AMAZING, especially the 1st and last track. I downloaded the whole thing off Rhapsody just b/c he composed it LOL
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Did you know he did the soundtrack for the movie City of Ember? Look it up on youtube; it is seriously AMAZING, especially the 1st and last track. I downloaded the whole thing off Rhapsody just b/c he composed it LOL
            Wow. His music sounds a lot like Harry Gregson-Williams'. Fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
              Wow. His music sounds a lot like Harry Gregson-Williams'. Fantastic!
              IT DOES!!! I was thinking that when I heard the last track...I'm like OMG NARNIA
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

IT DOES!!! I was thinking that when I heard the last track...I'm like OMG NARNIA
                If you like Gregson-Williams, have you heard the soundtrack for Kingdom of Heaven? It's absolutely brilliant!!

I *LOVE* soundtracks! Zimmer, Goldsmith, Williams, Powell... the music really makes a big difference in the viewing experience!

Here's a cool medley of music from Sanctuary - just found it on YT:

Comment

I just found that yesterday!!! Apparently it's from the weps...
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like it. But still, pretty cool!

Comment

It is!

And I am obsessed with soundtracks. I always get upset about the Oscars b/c Thomas Newman has never won one and his music is BEAUTIFUL
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I know, eh! I definitely have Finding Nemo and Wall-E on my iPod! He's up against some pretty stiff competition though - he lost to some stellar scores!

Comment

Like LOTR: Return of the King...that deserved it, though
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Holy crap, did it ever!!!! I love all the LOTR soundtracks.... I'm actually listening to "Samwise the Brave" right now! So beautiful!

Comment

Howard Shore is amazing

...but anyway, back to Andrew...not that I didn't like Ian Browne's music in the 1st season, but when s2 began I heard the music and I was like
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X