Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe's betrayal could be proof of her relationship with Scott being purely sexual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe's betrayal could be proof of her relationship with Scott being purely sexual

Im just throwing this out there, but i found it strange that she didnt confine with Scott about the coup beforehand, and she didnt stick with the military side which wouldve seemed reasonable in her case considering that she had a supposedly strong relationship with a soldier. i know she seemed a little naive about it but really, she might as well be made out of stone to be able to fully betray Scott in that manner. the only explanation i can think of at the moment is that their relationship mightve been purely sexual, nothing concrete. dont get me wrong, one of the best scenes in Divided was how Scott reacted to what Chloe did. and i think Scott deserved it a little maybe for doing the same to other women maybe. so Chloe taking the opposite side of Scott isi big Ouch!
    sigpic

Do couples always share the same political view? Can't a democrat marry a republican? Even though the coup situation is a bit more dire, the basic idea is the same.

Comment

She Distracted Eli, At just the right moment.

Then lied about it later on when he figured it out.

They're just friends so next level is Scott but she didn't want him to die and knew exactly where to run to .

To rush (or Rush) to stop the transfer of systems, to able the docking clamps to engage. Didn't appear to take her much time to get to the alt command place did it.

"Do couples always share the same political view?" Nope. Though, " Hello honey, by the way we're planning a coup tomorrow and you could starve or dehydrate or find yourself gasping for air, and dying along with your friends.Well anyway , have a nice day "

Is slightly different then voting a different party in a election. well atleast at the moment happily =)
      Last edited by Telemachus; 14 April 2010, 04:52 AM.

Comment

No doubt about it: Chloe had been working with Rush/Camille for some time leading up to this. That goes way beyond 'differing political views.' While she may have thought it was similar to the Democrat/Republican split (And Rush seems to be trying to imply it is), this is more like a coup d'etat.

I don't think her relationship with Scott is purely sexual, at least not for Scott himself. The actor said in an interview that he was under the impression Scott has only been with three women in his life, and Chloe's the third.
        Sincerely,

Kevin Long
        (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
        http://www.kevin-long.com

Comment

Or she just didn't tell Scott because she knew precisely what he'd do with said information. It's not a shocker to see that he sided with Young. I wouldn't say their relationship is particularly strong, but it doesn't follow that it's purely sexual simply because of what Chloe did in "Divided".
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

I can't help but wonder if we would be talking 'betrayal' if Chloe had of told Scott about the coup and he reported it to Young. Not - that would be him doing his job - right?

Seriously, Chloe is allowed (and personal encouraged) to have independent thoughts. These thoughts and feelings do not have to correspond with Scott's. She does not have to believe that Young should be in charge and she can actively work towards that without Scott's say so. Without it being a betrayal.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
              Or she just didn't tell Scott because she knew precisely what he'd do with said information. It's not a shocker to see that he sided with Young. I wouldn't say their relationship is particularly strong, but it doesn't follow that it's purely sexual simply because of what Chloe did in "Divided".
              This, completely this.

I'd also like to throw out a big "who cares if it's a sexual relationship?" In what possible way does that matter?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                To quote DigiFluid above me, "This, completely this."

Can't green you unfortunately. But I will note that maybe she turned to Rush because she kinda felt a bond with him. Doesn't make her and Scott all about the sex (Would he have told her about his kid back home and would she have stuck with him if that was so? I kinda doubt that), it just makes out that she decided to side with a guy who saved her. A guy who told her about Young leaving him behind on the Justice Planet... and then she chose. Simple as that.

Kinda sorta maybe sorta.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

This is what the actor's say the relationship is

Space/Divided spoilers
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Chloe’s behavior surprised me, I admit. She complained (a lot) about her uselessness, supposedly suffered from her unoccupied and purposeless life, then turned her back to (or at least, didn’t support) one man, in whose life she had meant something. I wonder what did Rush tell her? What made her feel so indispensable?
                    Everything will be okay in the end.
                    If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Yeah, that's a pretty solid interpretation for me.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I really like what they say about it. Kudos.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great link.

Comment

It almost feels like the actors described Scott/Chloe relationship better than what has been on screen. Or it's just me.

I'm interested to know what storyline will Chloe have
                            Spoiler:
                            regarding the fact that she thinks only Rush can understand what she went through.
                            sigpic

Comment

Scott seems to be more loyal to Young than Chloe, if she told him anything it would of been a bust.

Comment

Working...
                              X