Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Sanctuary Fan Vid Thread

Quote Originally Posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
    Here is my first Magnus/Magnett vid hope it's okay

http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/y...elenmagnus233/

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid783.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy120%2Fhelenmagn us233%2FMag nusshippervid.mp4">
    I don't think you can embed videos from Photobucket on Gateworld so I think that's way it's not showing up.

Signs by Scifan and me. | MY Website - Planet TV | My Sanctuary RPG | My Stargate SG-1 & SGA RPG |
    My Mini City - Rygel City

Off to an alt. universe where the SGC exists

A very talented vidder made this, if you have Youtube, go and sub them

by DoubleTreble1518

awesome! that was an incredible vid thanks for posting.

Helen vid

and a Tesla vid

I have made a few Magnett (Helen and John) vids...

Spoilers for "For King and Country" and "Vigilante"
    Spoiler:
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

A Helen vid I made with clips from Breach.

Helen Know Your Enemy

http://www.4shared.com/video/3d2Ki9y...our_Enemy.html
    Last edited by JanSam; January 20th, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8226&dateline=1311902876

I made another Magnett vid:

Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Rec'ing a cute Sanctuary video. So much fun.

Right here- on the other side of the screen :) Hi!

Ooh, so much fun!
    http://signavatar.com/9891_s.jpg
    Sig: by me. My DeviantART

Just dropping in to show my latest videos..

Hi everyone, when I look at these videos there are more like Sanctuary. It's great work people.

Lieutenant Colonel SamJackShipper93's Avatar

Hey everybody. I am a newbie to making fanvideos (and to technology in general) but I'd really like to learn. If anyone could help me, it'd be greatly appreciated (and I'll even throw in some green to make it worth your while ).

I have a MacBook Pro and I'm trying to figure out the best way to rip my DVDs. I have iDVD and iMovie on my Mac, but I'm not sure if you can use those for fanvids. If anyone else uses a Mac, I'd really appreciate your help.

I've also heard about various DVD ripping programs that are compatible with Macs, mainly Handbrake and Wondershare and MactheRipper. Does anyone have any input as to what is best and safest option (my family's computer has been infected by so many viruses, so I want to make sure everything I use is legit).

One person mentioned on this forum that downloaded Handbrake or MactheRipper will count as one of the five "region changes" that is allowed on a Mac. Can anyone confirm or deny?

After I get a ripping program, what kind of file do I convert the DVDs to? I know Handbrake can convert to .mp4' or '.mkv' format, but I don't know what that means. I also know that I have a lot of DVDs I'd like to rip. Can I store ripped DVDs on an external hard drive, or is there another way to store so much?

I have some other questions, but I'll just start with these. I hope that someone will know how to help me, I'm not sure where else to ask.

Thanks so much. ~Jess

The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Quote Originally Posted by Spacegirlnz View Post

A friend of mine made this video, so I thought I'd post it here :-)
    I think it's better in HD on the vimeo site though, it's a bit fuzzy low res.
    Amazing video, I love that song!

Quote Originally Posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Hey everybody. I am a newbie to making fanvideos (and to technology in general) but I'd really like to learn. If anyone could help me, it'd be greatly appreciated (and I'll even throw in some green to make it worth your while ).

I have a MacBook Pro and I'm trying to figure out the best way to rip my DVDs. I have iDVD and iMovie on my Mac, but I'm not sure if you can use those for fanvids. If anyone else uses a Mac, I'd really appreciate your help.

I've also heard about various DVD ripping programs that are compatible with Macs, mainly Handbrake and Wondershare and MactheRipper. Does anyone have any input as to what is best and safest option (my family's computer has been infected by so many viruses, so I want to make sure everything I use is legit).

One person mentioned on this forum that downloaded Handbrake or MactheRipper will count as one of the five "region changes" that is allowed on a Mac. Can anyone confirm or deny?

After I get a ripping program, what kind of file do I convert the DVDs to? I know Handbrake can convert to .mp4' or '.mkv' format, but I don't know what that means. I also know that I have a lot of DVDs I'd like to rip. Can I store ripped DVDs on an external hard drive, or is there another way to store so much?

I have some other questions, but I'll just start with these. I hope that someone will know how to help me, I'm not sure where else to ask.

Thanks so much. ~Jess
    Sorry I don't have a Mac so I can't help you with specifics but there is a really good website called videohelp.com. It has extensive How To explanations on a huge range of software and also a forum for help & discussion.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    I don't make fanvids, but I've used iMovie on my Mac for some of my video projects (though I prefer Final Cut Pro), but I'll take a stab at some of your questions.

You can definitely use iMovie to make fanvids, it's even got a built-in feature that allows you to publish them to Youtube. I personally use Handbrake to rip DVDs and haven't had any virus issues with the program. I don't remember anything about 'region changes' though, sorry. I've also heard good things about MactheRipper and Wondershare so I'd wager you'd be safe with any of those programs.

I've used .mp4, .mov, .avi and .dv files in iMovie, though .dv files are quite large so if you're ripping lots of DVDs I'd recommend .mp4 or .mov. Once you rip the file you can move it to an external drive if you want, depends how much free space your Mac hard drive has and how many DVDs you want to rip. For a size estimate one episode of Sanctuary is about 300 MB in .mp4 format.

Thanks so much. ~Jess
    Hope that helped some. I also use this blog as a resource for other mac video issues: http://dvd-ripper-mac.blogspot.com/. Have fun!

Lieutenant Colonel SamJackShipper93's Avatar

Thank you to all who have responded! You guys are so helpful.

Okay, so I downloaded HandBrake, and the "vic" download it needed to convert encrypted DVDs. I inserted my DVD and pressed play on the vic menu. That brought me to where I could choose a file on my computer so I clicked on National Treasure (the DVD I want to rip) and now it started playing. The "VLC Media Player" is running as it plays, but I'm not sure if it's doing anything other than playing it. Does a computer have to play the DVD first in order to rip the data, or did I just do something wrong?

I hate worrying that I'm going to do something to screw up my computer.

(Also, what's the difference between "ripping" a DVD and "converting" it? I know that Handbrake is a "converter" but that won't have any effect on the clips, will it?)

Thank you all again. ~Jess
    Last edited by SamJackShipper93; May 14th, 2011 at 11:11 PM.

The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Hey Jess,
    Here is great tutorial on how to use Handbrake which answers some of your questions.
    http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/tu...ke/index.shtml
    **NOTE: this tutorial is to rip for Ipod so you'll have a different output selection (ex: mp4) I can explain more in PM but due to copyright laws some countries are not allowed to give tutorials on how to rip a copyright DVD.

I use a PC so I can't answer some of your questions but I'll do my best to answer the ones that are universal.
    1. You do not want the VLP running independently. It could affect the quality of your rip.
    2. Ripping is getting the video files onto your harddrive (computer). Converting is changing one file type to another (ex: VOB file to MP4 file). If you are asking if the process of ripping or converting will change the DVD...no. Converting will just convert the file to another type. The settings you put in for frame size, bitrate, etc. could change your clips; be sure you understand what these are and what you want before you get undesirable clips.
    Doom9 explains some of here: http://www.doom9.org/

Hope that helps.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8226&dateline=1311902876

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/5...-family-thread

this tells you how to make music videos