Eli and the military personal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli and the military personal

It's just me or i think that everybody is nearly overloading Eli ? In Space specially the military personal.
    I hate specially this two parts :
    (The one thing that might make a difference is busy working the consoles in the Control Interface Room. Checking his watch, Scott paces the room, sighing anxiously.)

SCOTT: All right, come on, buddy. You've got this.

WALLACE (condescendingly): It's a very complicated lockout programme, OK? I'm going to need some time.

(Young comes back in and hands a rifle to Scott.)
    Like it was a simple math problem.

(Young looks round at Eli.)

WALLACE: Maybe ... maybe there's too much interference with all the enemy fire on the shields?

YOUNG: Fix it.

(Eli laughs, a little high-pitched.)

WALLACE: What?! I'm guessing as it is!
    Specially i hate this part ! Fix it .. like well we have a enemy ship coming to earth and we also have a super dead laser but when is almost ready to shoot a part of the canon fall apart.
    Well so we only have a scientist , a computer scientist here but come on he's a scientist, right? he can fit it ... its all about machines! it doesn't matter if he only has work in the software , if he didn't see the complete system before it goes online .. he has to fix it !!

I'm the only one who thinks this ?
    Watching SGA and SGU

No, I totally hear you. Eli really looked overwhelmed - and I think this is why they do really need Rush. There is no way that Eli can do all this by himself at this point.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I agree with him being overwhelmed. One person can't do everything.

Of course, RE: "fix it", what else was Young supposed to tell Eli? "Don't worry about it, it's no big deal."?

Comment

I am just waiting for Eli to reach his breaking point and go off on them all, that would be a fun rant to watch.

@SupremeLegate
        Apogee Institute
        Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Just another day where the military expected the civilian scientists to be able to perform magic on command. And the military feels under-appreciated? Pah. The scientists are working their behinds off keeping them all alive and they're expected to be able to perform miracles within seconds!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            Just another day where the military expected the civilian scientists to be able to perform magic on command. And the military feels under-appreciated? Pah. The scientists are working their behinds off keeping them all alive and they're expected to be able to perform miracles within seconds!
            Didn't McKay once say something like that? Of course, he actually could perform miracles in seconds, but still, it is nice to be appreciated.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              A bit crude, but this seems to apply to Eli. And to think this was completely different in Air, where it was actually Rush pressuring Eli, and Young relieving him. Now it's completely the other way around.

I loathe this Young-Eli relationship. It's not that I find it a mistake by TPTB, or bad writing, it is pretty realistic and good actually, but I think Eli needs to stand up for himself and tell Young to shove it. Especially with Eli spying on the crew in secret for Young. However, seems that is Eli's character, and I like the potential for growth and conflict. Great potential for the story and character development. but that's my opinion, of course.

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              Didn't McKay once say something like that? Of course, he actually could perform miracles in seconds, but still, it is nice to be appreciated.
              Yeah, but the whole point is that SGU is not SGA in this aspect. Especially near the end of SGA, this was getting ridiculous and not to mention "done" and exaggerated. Way too over the top. It was always the same, and the tension, suspense was losing under it. You cannot keep doing that. I'm glad SGU is different in this way.
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Absolutely agree. Eli is pressured and influenced heavily by Young. Young seems to have a hold on him in some way, that Eli cannot break free from even knowing that the man tried to murder Rush.
                Military officers know how to motivate and control. It's part of their training, after all, and Eli with all his innocence has no defense against this. He has decided that Rush is the bad guy because he's caught Rush in several lies. He seems to have the morality of a child - lying is bad, no matter what the circumstances or intent.

I think Eli will reach a breaking point very soon. Maybe he won't completely extricate himself from his role as Young's pet scientist, but he may at least regain some control over his life. I would really like him to stop helping Young spy on the civillians. If there's a real reason to do it, fine, but Young seems to be getting Eli to do it on everyone, sort of a "Big Brother is Watching" thing.

....wouldn't it just blow our minds if Eli ended up snapping and someday, a few seasons in the future, he becomes a villain? What a twist!

Comment

I'm seeing Eli become more fluent with the ship's systems as time goes on (obviously) if Young ever lets him out of the Kino room. I'd love to see him on par with Rush's knowledge of the ship at some point.

I play Bad Company 2 on the PS3. If you do too, invite Xeno-

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                    He said this in the Siege: "They don't think they need us, right up until the point that they need us, and then they need us."

Comment

Originally posted by Badhron View Post
                      He said this in the Siege: "They don't think they need us, right up until the point that they need us, and then they need us."
                      That's exactly the scene I was trying to remember - thank you!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                        I agree with him being overwhelmed. One person can't do everything.

Of course, RE: "fix it", what else was Young supposed to tell Eli? "Don't worry about it, it's no big deal."?
                        Agreed. Young telling Eli to "Fix it" was more about stopping Eli from whining and keeping him focused on working.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                          Agreed. Young telling Eli to "Fix it" was more about stopping Eli from whining and keeping him focused on working.
                          I just saw a Colonel and Master Sergeant doing the same thing on The Unit while their hometown was under poison gas attack

Comment

He could have said "Can you fix it?" instead of barking orders. Eli doesn't whine and doesn't need handling. He was giving Young his assessment of the situation and Young was his usual rude self.

I don't understand why Eli has become Young's lackey. Perhaps he's looking for a father figure but in that respect he couldn't have possibly chosen more wrong. Young is only using him and overworking him. I wouldn't be surprised if Eli snaps. His reaction to the coup was unbelievable. Knowing what he does about Young I can't fathom why he follows his orders.

Comment

eli is not gonna go off and rant, he will go mad and vent the ship to space....killing everyone...he then replaces everyone with photos of them taped to kinos

Comment

Working...
                              X