Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I'd hardly call that evidence.

Its just too much of leap. For all we know the terminals in the chair room only work in the chair room and you need the control room to access the the main computer.
    True but then why go into the chair room to study it at all?

Comment

Well that is is obvious but when someone is causing the aliens to come that could destroy the ship and the whole crew Rush's value isn't that important

The guards were so no one could enter the chair room and use it vs authorized people entering to study.
      Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      Where does it say that in the transcript?
      That is an inferrence. Becuase the transcript says Young allowed them to study it just not sit in it.
      That's not an inference at all, though I agree that Young said to study it. Rush, I note, wasn't studying it in the chair room, however, but from the control room. That indicates they were locked out, particularly since the scene where they do go in, no one else of the science team had yet seen it.
      Now who is randomly speculating?
      My use of 'indicate' shows that I'm speculating but I, at least, provided some evidence for my thoughts.

Rush was in the control room. And Volker (?) says, 'So, this is it?' [paraphrase] indicating he, at least, hasn't seen it before. The reactions of the others would indicate they haven't seen it before either. If they were allowed in previously, why wasn't Rush in there doing his research? Why hadn't the others in the science team seen it?
      I'd hardly call that evidence.

Its just too much of leap. For all we know the terminals in the chair room only work in the chair room and you need the control room to access the the main computer.
      True but then why go into the chair room to study it at all?
      Rush and the other scientist were not allowed into the room to study the chair until Young gave command to Wray. After the discovery Young put a guard there, and no one was allowed inside. That's what happened in the episodes. I don't see how there's any discussion about this, I don't think it is open for much interpretation.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Thank you, Jper!

I seem to be spending my evening running around GW thanking you for things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
          Rush and the other scientist were not allowed into the room to study the chair until Young gave command to Wray. After the discovery Young put a guard there, and no one was allowed inside. That's what happened in the episodes. I don't see how there's any discussion about this, I don't think it is open for much interpretation.
          Because its just speculation. Young said no one could sit in the chair nothing about no one entering the room
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Because its just speculation. Young said no one could sit in the chair nothing about no one entering the room
            Yeah right, so it's because he didn't say it that it is so. So if I harass you all day, but don't say that I'm harassing you, I'm not harassing you. Young can say what he want, he didn't allow anyone into the room, and he doesn't need to say that for it to be true, the guard in front of the door made sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
              Yeah right, so it's because he didn't say it that it is so. So if I harass you all day, but don't say that I'm harassing you, I'm not harassing you. Young can say what he want, he didn't allow anyone into the room, and he doesn't need to say that for it to be true, the guard in front of the door made sure of that.
              It means you don't know because thier is not proof to prove or disprove. He said the chair nothing about the room. And the guards could be strictly for unauthorized personel amomg other things
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

His valuableness its not what is in question. Just how well he follow his so called moral belifs
                this isn't a problem, though.
                The aliens will follow... but they have been following for ages - and they have continuously been repelled by the shields and have never made it inside the ship, except when they kidnapped Chloe - which was kind of different. That was because Young weakened the shields by focusing power on the weapons. So it's been established that the only true threat to destiny is human intervention, rush understands this, and as such on all fronts his acquiring control over the ship was for all intents and purposes "the greater good". It nullified the threat of the aliens, it allowed him - the one with the greatest understanding of Destiny - to do what was necessary to preserve it, and it ended the dangerous, chaotic and potentially destructive leadership of Young. Not to mention it ensured his survival which has both personal and intra-personal ramifications.

The transmitter wasn't an issue to him as the aliens would be relegated to a minor nuisance at best, as they were prior to our arrival.

Comment

It means you don't know because thier is not proof to prove or disprove. He said the chair nothing about the room. And the guards could be strictly for unauthorized personel amomg other things
                  I disagree, we clearly saw no one entering the room to investigate the chair, and a guard in front of the door prevented them from entering. I think that's all the prove we need. The first time we actually saw Rush investigating and examining the chair was when Wray got command, the guard disappeared and Rush entered with his science team.

Comment

Rush is all things, that's why he is such a good and interesting character. Probably the most interesting character that Stargate has ever had (IMHO).

Comment

Yes!
                      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

One concept we have seen Rush strongly believe in is "the greater good." He on a few occasions has said its okay to sacrifice human lives (among other things) if it benefits the overall group. But in Divided the tracking device was a serious problem for the Destiny in that Rush's presence severly puts danger and risk the Destiny. Does not Rush's concept of the greater good makes his death more benefical for the Destiny then him being alive. While I personally don't blame him for wanting to stay alive does not make Rush a hypocrite of his moral beliefs?
                        I kind of see Rush trying to hide his transmitter and working with Wray on her coup as being partially motivated by his own fear stemming from a deeply buried internal belief that he should be airlocked for the greater good not just his fear that Young would airlock him given their history.

However, self-preservation is strong in all humans and Rush is in no way suicidal. So just because somewhere deep down he probably does entertain the notion that he should be airlocked for the greater good doesn't mean that he's in any way eager to volunteer to do it. Is that hypocritical? Possibly to everyone but Rush who could also rationally argue that the danger presented by the transmitter is negated by his own skills and expertise being needed on Destiny; that the greater good is most served by him remaining on Destiny alive.

And he also tried to to find a way around the situation by making the aliens believe that they couldn't get into Destiny even with the humans on board by ensuring they followed what Destiny usually did (raise the shields) rather than doing what they did in the attack (firing the weapons). I think he hoped that by proving Destiny was once again impenetrable that it would make the transmitter a non-issue as with a proven strategy the Destiny crew would be able to survive the alien attacks.
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                        X