Sgt. Greer Catchphrase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sgt. Greer Catchphrase?

I've started to notice that Greer has gotten a catchphrase of sorts, because when ever something weird happens he always says "what the hell" with a voice, and I laugh at this because it sounds funny.
    I'm holding out the that will become his catchphrase like Teal'c's "Indeed".
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

I hope so!
    Because I’ve noticed that when something weird happens my "what the hell" thought comes with exactly the same Greer’s expression!
    Everything will be okay in the end.
    If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Comment

He is sort of a mix of Teal'c and Ronan Dex, though not as stoic as Teal'c(but who could be any way. Teal'c is the master of stoicalness) and not as wild as Ronan.

Comment

That would be funny.

His other line that he says a lot is: "You heard the man."

Comment

Originally posted by gatefanjo-m View Post
          That would be funny.

His other line that he says a lot is: "You heard the man."
          God, I hope that doesn't become his catchphrase. Some people already see him as little more than Young's bulldog/thug. I don't think they'll be any redemption if he officially heads down that slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
            God, I hope that doesn't become his catchphrase. Some people already see him as little more than Young's bulldog/thug. I don't think they'll be any redemption if he officially heads down that slippery slope.
            I think he is viewed as Young's bulldog because Young is his superior in the military, and by extention, he follows Young's orders.

I personally like his 'what the hell.'

Comment

I wish he said he was going to shoot people in the face more often. ghastly, yes, but damn if it doesn't have a ring to it
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by ProclarushTaonasAt View Post
                I think he is viewed as Young's bulldog because Young is his superior in the military, and by extention, he follows Young's orders.
                I don't dispute this, but his character should be given the chance to grow, rather than remain two dimensionally Young's thug.

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                I wish he said he was going to shoot people in the face more often. ghastly, yes, but damn if it doesn't have a ring to it
                Green for you, good sir!

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                  I don't dispute this, but his character should be given the chance to grow, rather than remain two dimensionally Young's thug.
                  Young’s thug is too mach strong term for my taste. What’s wrong with the following orders of your superior?
                  To grow? I think he’s one of the most colorful and many-sided characters in the show. I’d like him to take a bigger part in the developing events though. If that what you mean, I agree.
                  Everything will be okay in the end.
                  If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Comment

mmm...yummy green! Thanks
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tessa View Post
                        Young’s thug is too mach strong term for my taste. What’s wrong with the following orders of your superior?
                        Again, I don't dispute this, but the phrase "Young's thug" and the like have been thrown around these forums.

To grow? I think he’s one of the most colorful and many-sided characters in the show.
                        This, however, I will have to respectfully disagree with. I honestly feel that Greer is one of the flatter characters, up until recently. Of all the main credits, we know the least about Greer, which is disproportionate to the screentime he gets, and Smith's screen prescence.

Its a tribute to Jamil Walker Smith's abilities that he can take what little the writers have given him to date and made him into the show's dark horse favourite.

Comment

maybe because Greer is the main character we know the least about, is the reason we like him more because we know none of his deep dark secrets.

Comment

Greer doesn't shoot people in the face. He puts bullets in their faces.

I like Greer's line - 'I'm a little busy right now.'
                            sigpic

Comment

These catchphrases can be catchy. I personally have used "indeed" for about ten years, and it has become part of the way I speak. It came naturally, and took some time realize that I was plagurizing.

Comment

Working...
                              X