No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 - The Complete First Time Watch (Spoilers) First watch/Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! Another has stepped into B5's web. lol, no, you'll love it, it's pretty unknown for some reason considering its epicness.

Comment

Lol web. I like it so far.
      Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
      Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
        Ah, another Babylonian has come into the fold. J watched the whole series not too long ago and I'm in a re-watch right now. You're in for a great ride. Before long, you'll know what each of the questions and images in my signature means.
        sigpic

Comment

And you've only seen S1... It gets much much better.
          sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
          - R.E.M.

Comment

I envy you watching the series for the first time. Babylon 5 truly changed my life, and spoiled me for the rest of television - other shows just can't compete.
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              Ah, another Babylonian has come into the fold. J watched the whole series not too long ago and I'm in a re-watch right now. You're in for a great ride. Before long, you'll know what each of the questions and images in my signature means.
              I do like good sci-fi. It doesn't disappoint so far. I can't wait to understand your B5 sig.

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
              And you've only seen S1... It gets much much better.
              Better than S1? That sounds great. I finished watching S1 (minus 2 ep's) and saw the first ep of S2.

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
              I envy you watching the series for the first time. Babylon 5 truly changed my life, and spoiled me for the rest of television - other shows just can't compete.
              Really? Hmm I've watched a lot of sci-fi and I'll see how I feel. Only rare shows can do that.
              Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
              Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

I just finished watching the whole thing, (bar the last 3 movies which I'm about to watch), I went in not knowing anything about it except that people have said *it does get better*. To be honest I thought the whole thing was pretty damn amazing. Loving Mira Furlan, who I knew first as Rosseau in Lost actually. I don't think there's one character that annoyed me, well, maybe Lyta - crazy psycho telepath. lol.

I don't know if I could pick a favourite character to be honest. For some reason I am almost to the point of obsessing about Londo's accent. Keep trying to emulate that one every so often.

I found season five the slowest to be honest, the whole telepath thing and Byron didn't really do much for me and I missed Ivanova quite a bit.

I loved the way how everything came together, and although we saw the future in an early season, I enjoyed seeing everything pan out, and also whether the future would come true.

Amazing show. Writers should write whole shows in one go more often!

Comment

Originally posted by somme View Post
                  Too true. The workload of JMS on Babylon 5 had never been seen before, and has not been seen since. Frankly, I'm not sure it's going to happen again anytime soon; writing 60 straight episodes, taking a break for 1, then writing 11 more? All the while writing well?

In awed response, I can only quote the Soul Hunter from Season 1: "You would plan such a thing? You would do such a thing? Incredible!"
                  sigpic
                  Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by somme View Post
                    I just finished watching the whole thing, (bar the last 3 movies which I'm about to watch), I went in not knowing anything about it except that people have said *it does get better*. To be honest I thought the whole thing was pretty damn amazing. Loving Mira Furlan, who I knew first as Rosseau in Lost actually. I don't think there's one character that annoyed me, well, maybe Lyta - crazy psycho telepath. lol.

I don't know if I could pick a favourite character to be honest. For some reason I am almost to the point of obsessing about Londo's accent. Keep trying to emulate that one every so often.

I found season five the slowest to be honest, the whole telepath thing and Byron didn't really do much for me and I missed Ivanova quite a bit.

I loved the way how everything came together, and although we saw the future in an early season, I enjoyed seeing everything pan out, and also whether the future would come true.

I get the feeling that possible budget and schedule constraints with TNT really curtailed what JMS was able to do with season 5. I personally was hoping to see the Telepath War unfold right there instead of the precursor to it. Maybe he was counting on the idea that he would be able to somehow make a TV movie about the war?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      I get the feeling that possible budget and schedule constraints with TNT really curtailed what JMS was able to do with season 5. I personally was hoping to see the Telepath War unfold right there instead of the precursor to it. Maybe he was counting on the idea that he would be able to somehow make a TV movie about the war?
                      It is true that there was a movie (a feature film, no less) planned that
                      Spoiler:
                      would see the deaths of Bester and Lyta in the last days of the war
                      , but we unfortunately have to chalk it up as yet another unseen B5 project. Let's see... "The Memory of Shadows", the telepath war movie, most of Crusade, the Legends of the Rangers series, and the rest of The Lost Tales! Good grief!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                        It is true that there was a movie (a feature film, no less) planned that
                        Spoiler:
                        would see the deaths of Bester and Lyta in the last days of the war
                        , but we unfortunately have to chalk it up as yet another unseen B5 project.
                        That stuff is dealt with in the Telapath Trilogy novels, which is, I believe, considered canon.
                        sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                          That stuff is dealt with in the Telapath Trilogy novels, which is, I believe, considered canon.
                          Indeed they are, but I'm just coming at the issue from the perspective of why the war didn't heat up in Season 5 or thereabouts.

Have you read the novels? I have them, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

I have, but years ago. I don't remember much of it.

As far as I recall they were OK. Nothing brilliant, but not junk either.
                            sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

Towards the very beginning I thought the Narns were going to annoy me in the same way Klingons do. But they didn't at all. And G'kar became another favourite, especially his banter with Londo.

Comment

Working...
                              X