No announcement yet.

Rush and Chloe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how long this relationship will last since I don't doubt that Rush will do things that will strain Chloe's belief in him but I'll enjoy it while it is happening. They are a sort of oddball friendship and even if they are only sincere for each other for a little while, it should be enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      She blamed him for her father's death. But I say enough time has passed for the most part for her to blame Rush. Maybe a little bit but not that much
      She probably feels some guilt herself. After all, she's the one who told him about the shuttle door.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        She probably feels some guilt herself. After all, she's the one who told him about the shuttle door.
        Probably. Its quite common for loved ones of a deceased to feel responsible for a person's death
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
          Rush wasn't responsible for her father's death. Her father made his own decision and acted to save her life. Sen. Armstrong held a gun on Greer in order to get into that shuttle. It might have been easy in those early moments of grief to blame Rush, because he was convenient, but Rush never said a word to the Senator about the situation. Chloe was the one who told him what was happening and he made his own decision. It's ridiculous to blame Rush for the deliberate actions taken by another adult.

Yes, Rush got them onboard the Destiny, but that's already been clearly explained. Icarus' core explosion would have blown up them and Earth itself if they'd gone through. The explosion was so powerful that it threw Young the entire length of the gate room airborne and that was over billions of light-years distance. If they'd gated anywhere closer, it would've killed them all. Rush saved their lives.

Sure he had other motives. This is his life's work, his dream. As he told Young in "Light" - coming to Destiny was his destiny. He believes that with absolute certainty.

But most people have multiple reasons for why they act the way they do and Rush isn't any different. He's a complicated man. He's suffering from grief and guilt over his wife's death, he's buried that into an obsessive focus on his work. And he knows just how important Destiny and the scientific discoveries they're making are -probably to the entire human race.

So there's three different motivations - save their lives, fulfill his personal destiny, and the advancement of mankind. As I said, complex - but that's what makes a real person - complex and flawed, and human.
          Says everything I wanted to say.

Comment

Also it's obvious that Rush has been confiding in her. He trusts her with the truth about the tracking device even though she could have gone straight to report it. He obviously trusted her with what Young did to him on that planet. And he believes her immediately when she tells him about the danger Young and Scott are in. I think it's for her that he gives in and lets Eli have control back - he wouldn't have done it for Camile. He does that for Chloe.
            That is a good point. he Did trust her more than anyone else, even Eli about the device, and also gave in to her request of stopping the transfer but not eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
              Though Chloe got over her hatred of Rush a lot faster than most would.
              I don't think she ever really hated him. She was hysterical, for good reason, over her father's death and I think she just needed someone other than herself to blame and Rush was convenient. She's the one who told her father about the situation and he sacrificed himself to save her. I think she felt horribly guilty and just acted out like people who feel that kind of grief do - you hit out at whoever is there.

What impressed me in that scene was that Rush truly and sincerely understood. We already knew he felt something similar about the death of his wife (he was crying over her photo), so he knows how she feels and he responded in a sympathetic way. He was really kind to Chloe in that scene, I thought, very honest and sincere.

Then he risks his life to save hers and he shares a very traumatic experience with her.

Besides, don't forget that Rush and Chloe's actions in "Divided" were part of their own private plan to prevent the aliens from breaking through the Destiny's shields again. They were acting out of their own personal fears and concerns, rather than purely supporting Camile's plot.

Comment

So you think that if they left it to wher young and co were still in charge when the blues showed up they would not have been so lucky? Therefore they took control to prevent that?

Comment

Why should Rush trust Eli? Eli is obviously on Young's side. Even if he wasn't, Rush knows that Eli cannot lie, or keep his mouth shut. He does trust Eli with the information about the implant, but we saw what a mistake that was. Not that I disagree with Eli telling Young, something had to be done.

Ladypred,

All valid points, and I tend to agree. I actually thought your post was mine when I was reading through it, until I realized a quote of mine was at the start. I'd say Chloe certainly disliked Rush very much, if not for 'Air' than for 'Water.'

Comment

I don't think she ever really hated him. She was hysterical, for good reason, over her father's death and I think she just needed someone other than herself to blame and Rush was convenient. She's the one who told her father about the situation and he sacrificed himself to save her. I think she felt horribly guilty and just acted out like people who feel that kind of grief do - you hit out at whoever is there.

What impressed me in that scene was that Rush truly and sincerely understood. We already knew he felt something similar about the death of his wife (he was crying over her photo), so he knows how she feels and he responded in a sympathetic way. He was really kind to Chloe in that scene, I thought, very honest and sincere.

Then he risks his life to save hers and he shares a very traumatic experience with her.

Besides, don't forget that Rush and Chloe's actions in "Divided" were part of their own private plan to prevent the aliens from breaking through the Destiny's shields again. They were acting out of their own personal fears and concerns, rather than purely supporting Camile's plot.
                    And I note, genuinely upset. Muffs the apology, of course, but look at his face when she leaves. He's all Mr Tragic Face.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                      And I note, genuinely upset. Muffs the apology, of course, but look at his face when she leaves. He's all Mr Tragic Face.
                      I thought so too. I'd like to see that face again soon. It's been a long time since Rush has shown genuine emotion so clearly. I mean, he has a very emotive face to begin with, but it's been a while since we've seen him get all weepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                        I thought so too. I'd like to see that face again soon. It's been a long time since Rush has shown genuine emotion so clearly. I mean, he has a very emotive face to begin with, but it's been a while since we've seen him get all weepy.
                        I love moody and tragic Rush.

Comment

I just hope he doesn;t go all goth on us.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            I just hope he doesn;t go all goth on us.
                            He's not wearing the right clothes for goth.

Comment

Working...
                            X