Rush and Chloe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush and Chloe

I may regret this later, but I have to ask. This episode established that Chloe and Rush have something of a friendship after their shared ordeal. For my part, I think this is going to go in a father/daughter direction. I think Rush feels responsible for Chloe on some level, being impacted emotionally by Chloe's anguish after she lost her father. But that's a speculation based on my belief that Rush isn't a wicked villain.

Thoughts on the matter?

I think you are going way out of a limb. Chloe tolerates Rush because of shared goals
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
      I may regret this later, but I have to ask. This episode established that Chloe and Rush have something of a friendship after their shared ordeal. For my part, I think this is going to go in a father/daughter direction. I think Rush feels responsible for Chloe on some level, being impacted emotionally by Chloe's anguish after she lost her father. But that's a speculation based on my belief that Rush isn't a wicked villain.

Thoughts on the matter?
      You might be correct, she is a child at heart still though. But Young never acted on Chloe, while Rush has talked with her, and acts as if he cares about her. What I am trying to get at, is she going to jump loyalities (remember how she hated him and wanted him dead) and now she is willing to take Young out (not kill him)? We shall see....

But for now, it does seem she and him share some sort of bound.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I think you are going way out of a limb. Chloe tolerates Rush because of shared goals
      Did you not hear her when she said "He saved my life when Young was willing to kill me..." She said something like that, which some of what she thinks may be manipulated by Rush, but it does seem he and her have a bound of some sort, and whether it grows depends on Rush.

Comment

I think that's a little cold... she honestly seems to have some feelings of companionship with him.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think you're underestimating them. Someone who just 'shares your goals' isn't the person you go looking for when you've had a nightmare, and they aren't the person you side with. Especially when siding with Rush probably ended her relationship with Scott and endangered her relationship with Eli. And at the end of 'Space,' Chloe was already kind of bragging on Rush when she told the others how he figured out the neural interface and such. Chloe has shown very little in the way of animosity toward Young and the military; she was extremely cooperative in 'Justice' during the room checks, and defended Young at the trial. Now, all of a sudden, she's on Rush's side. I can think of no better explanation than being horrified at Young's actions toward Rush, and if she has some emotional investment too now, then all the more horrifying for her.

Comment

I think you're underestimating them. Someone who just 'shares your goals' isn't the person you go looking for when you've had a nightmare, and they aren't the person you side with. Especially when siding with Rush probably ended her relationship with Scott and endangered her relationship with Eli. And at the end of 'Space,' Chloe was already kind of bragging on Rush when she told the others how he figured out the neural interface and such. Chloe has shown very little in the way of animosity toward Young and the military; she was extremely cooperative in 'Justice' during the room checks, and defended Young at the trial. Now, all of a sudden, she's on Rush's side. I can think of no better explanation than being horrified at Young's actions toward Rush, and if she has some emotional investment too now, then all the more horrifying for her.
            She didn't go looking for Rush. He just happened to be up as well. Probably from the same nightmares. That horrfication at Young and the events of Justice was the common goal I was talking
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, yes, she did find him. But remember, we also see her later talking to him in the hallway (much to Matt and Eli's chagrin, it seemed.) Also, uhm, the part where Rush said he checked to make sure Chloe didn't have a scar from an implant...made me raise my eyebrows a little. She could have gone to TJ and played it off as a concern of her own, but she didn't, perhaps to protect Rush's secret. I'm not saying she's his new BFF, but I think they're more than just allies. Wray and Rush? Allies with common goals for now, sure. Not buying it with Chloe, though.

Comment

Rush is the only one experiencing the same thing Rush is, so that gives them a connection that only they can share. It's definitely more than just a shared goals kind of relationship. It's a relationship built on a shared trauma, which can be pretty strong.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

When one faces a near death experience it does force them to grow up. She has clearly demonstrated her aligence to the civilian majority, not even telling her FB.

Comment

Rush has examined Chloe for 'surgical scars' - she must consider him trustworthy to allow him to examine her...
                    Last edited by Tabula Rasa; 10 April 2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Well, yes, she did find him. But remember, we also see her later talking to him in the hallway (much to Matt and Eli's chagrin, it seemed.) Also, uhm, the part where Rush said he checked to make sure Chloe didn't have a scar from an implant...made me raise my eyebrows a little. She could have gone to TJ and played it off as a concern of her own, but she didn't, perhaps to protect Rush's secret. I'm not saying she's his new BFF, but I think they're more than just allies. Wray and Rush? Allies with common goals for now, sure. Not buying it with Chloe, though.
                      Unless said tracking device doesn't leave a scar. I think Chloe would have noticed herself if their is a scar and would then have confided in TJ. It probably was astrophysics type equipment Rush used and I find it more likely he asked to scan her or whatever machine he used
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked the idea of Chloe and Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                          Rush is the only one experiencing the same thing Rush is, so that gives them a connection that only they can share. It's definitely more than just a shared goals kind of relationship. It's a relationship built on a shared trauma, which can be pretty strong.
                          I agree ! Scott can't "understand" the nightmares , Rush instead have the same nightmares and is the only one .... i think that a kind of friendship they'll start to develop
                          Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                            Did you not hear her when she said "He saved my life when Young was willing to kill me..." She said something like that, which some of what she thinks may be manipulated by Rush, but it does seem he and her have a bound of some sort, and whether it grows depends on Rush.
                            This may not be exactly on topic, but apparently Chloe doesn't realize that Young is actually the one that saved her. He went after her when the aliens snatched her. He didn't know Rush was aboard the alien vessel, so it was Chloe he was trying to find and save. I have to wonder if no one told her that after she got back.

Sure, Rush was the one that broke her out of the watery container and brought her back to the ship, but he couldn't have done that had Young not gone to the alien vessel in the first place.

I really, really find it hard to believe that no one told her "well, Colonel Young went over there looking for you to save you (and in doing so discovered Rush and broke him out of the container), but got disconnected from the stone before he could find you, so Rush saved you instead". I really think that should count for something to Chloe, ... but apparently it doesn't.

She's also mad at Young for leaving Rush behind on the planet and thinks (as many do, including me) that was wrong of him. But, he himself said he was unhappy with himself for sinking that low. While going to the alien ship to save her doesn't cancel out what he did to Rush, one would think trying to save her would gain him some points in her mind.

I think Chloe has some very serious growing up to do, because she hasn't acted in a very adult manner throughout the show so far (IMO).

And now, by siding with Rush, she has betrayed (big time) the people who apparently cared the most about her and supported her the most through this entire ordeal (Eli and Scott - and Young, in his own way). She deliberately distracted Eli so he wouldn't see what was going on with the computers. And she certainly has betrayed Scott by her choice. (Though I'm pretty sure he'll wind up forgiving her in an episode or two.)

Originally posted by pipi
                            When one faces a near death experience it does force them to grow up. She has clearly demonstrated her aligence to the civilian majority, not even telling her FB.
                            I don't think this incident has caused her to grow up at all. Declaring allegiance to the civilian majority doesn't constitute growing up (IMO). Choosing a particular side doesn't require maturity or being grown up. And I'm pretty sure her current loyalty to Rush will falter down the road, and she'll switch sides again.
                            Last edited by hedwig; 10 April 2010, 08:23 AM.

Comment

That is a good point, that if young had NOT gone to the ship and freed rush, she would not hav been saved, but there is still the part he was willing to blow UP that ship while she and rush were still there.

Comment

Working...
                              X