Medical inconsistencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical inconsistencies

I really, really enjoyed this episode a lot. Up until the last 10 minutes or so, when it all stopped making any sense.

How is it, after they were being blocked in the previous episode, the stones are suddenly working just in time to resolve this episode?

Where did they get the nasal oxygen tubes?

Couldn't they have at least TRIED to keep the surgical area sanitary? (Ie: minimize the number of people)

Why wasn't Rush screaming in agony at the GAPING HOLE IN HIS CHEST WITH A TUBE STUFFED INTO IT when he woke up momentarily?

Urgh. Up until the end it was a really terrific episode, I hardly even realized that it had been nearly an hour. The 'resolution' of the revolt was pretty underwhelming too.

Hopefully the division story doesn't just end like this.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I really, really enjoyed this episode a lot. Up until the last 10 minutes or so, when it all stopped making any sense.

How is it, after they were being blocked in the previous episode, the stones are suddenly working just in time to resolve this episode?

Where did they get the nasal oxygen tubes?

Couldn't they have at least TRIED to keep the surgical area sanitary? (Ie: minimize the number of people)

Why wasn't Rush screaming in agony at the GAPING HOLE IN HIS CHEST WITH A TUBE STUFFED INTO IT when he woke up momentarily?

Urgh. Up until the end it was a really terrific episode, I hardly even realized that it had been nearly an hour. The 'resolution' of the revolt was pretty underwhelming too.

Hopefully the division story doesn't just end like this.
    They took some medical supplies with them, we know that. And remember, the stones aren't working perfectly now; the connection cuts out. As for why Rush wasn't screaming... TJ said there was a local anesthetic applied, so he wouldn't have felt anything.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Its a scifi show about aliens, documentaries about surgery are on the discovery channel....

Comment

sanitized....for rush naaaaa he is dirty alredy....and the stones never blocked....they just "hiccuped" lol

Comment

alien venom we don't know what affect it has on the human body, for all we know rush won't feel pain for hours
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

We don't know to what extent they tried to make the area as sterile as they could before the surgery started, so it's entirely possible that everyone there scrubbed in as best they could.

TJ obviously brought some medical stuff with her and it wouldn't be implausible to think that there were medical supplies brought through the gate when they first came aboard.

No idea what the effect of the venom is on humans. Perhaps, despite being awake, he still wouldn't feel pain.

There are lots of unanswered questions about the stones and no one has a clear understanding of how they worked.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              Its a scifi show about aliens, documentaries about surgery are on the discovery channel....
              Syfy is exempt from consistency and logic now?

Oh and no, it's not. It's a show about human beings and survival. 2 kinds of aliens in 3 episodes out of 12 is hardly "about aliens".
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Also, have you seen the condition hospital ERs are in? Take one glance at that and you'd think that those rooms were startingly unsterile.
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I never try to make sense of a sci-fi show.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                      Also, have you seen the condition hospital ERs are in? Take one glance at that and you'd think that those rooms were startingly unsterile.
                      What do you expect them to do, exactly? They didn't have much time.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        and the ships a million years old.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          I'm not complaining Just pointing out that the medical bay on Desinty looks about as clean and sterile as an ER does, which is a good thing.
                          sigpic

Comment

my biggest grip was the fact that they sent a docter that just seemed iffy...ok wondering about the keno ("a what" lol) eye atached to a tub...but when she kinda shocked that they were under attack...

Comment

Originally posted by randomking View Post
                              my biggest grip was the fact that they sent a docter that just seemed iffy...ok wondering about the keno ("a what" lol) eye atached to a tub...but when she kinda shocked that they were under attack...
                              I liked TJ's line. "*smirk* Welcome to Destiny." Even better was the matter-of-factness about it
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X