Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    the destiny has travelled 4 lightyears from earth
    ya a light year is how far light travile's in one year...destiny has be traveling faster than light for million's of years...but im more interested in how meany galaxy's its gone thru vs distance

Comment

Originally posted by Demoniser View Post

Earth-The Sun is 1 lightyear,
      The Diameter of the milkway is just about 100,000 lightyears or so
      from the earth to the sun is 8 light minutes (or with in minutes) a light year is mesherd in how far light travels in one year......

Comment

Originally posted by randomking View Post
        from the earth to the sun is 8 light minutes (or with in minutes) a light year is mesherd in how far light travels in one year......
        indeed quite true my bad. To many numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I believe they have been in the same galaxy since "Air"
          Spoiler:
          and will end up someplace different in the next season.
          Actually
          Spoiler:
          the jump between galaxy will happen in this season if we may believe spoilers. I think in Lost they'll leave the galaxy. Anyway, I don't wan to reveal too much, but it has been stated that Destiny intends to leave the galaxy in one of the upcoming episodes, soon. Just go read the Faith, and Lost pre-airing threads.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I wonder why the Ancients decided to let Destiny fly to Pegasus, and not Andromeda. Were they just bored with another spiral and decided to go for a dwarf? Also, I wonder if one of the galaxies Destiny explored was one of the Asgard galaxies, and that was how the Asgard and Ancients made first contact... And where do the Furlings factor in this?

Comment

It's probably safe to assume that Destiny charted Pegasus prior to the ancient exodus to that galaxy. Hence why they chose it, as they already must have had some information on it.

Who knows maybe the Destiny did discover Ida, it would make sense actually.

Comment

And Pegasus was probably seeded with stargates by the seeder ships. Stargates which were later replaced by the new Pegasus model stargates. Like Destiny, Atlantis is a space ship with a gate on-board.

Comment

I think it is mentioned in a spoiler from the episode "Sabotage"
                  Spoiler:
                  that one of Destiny's 12 FTL engines explodes, and RUsh says that its not theat bad since it wont drag down the others when the ship jumps the void between the galaxy's.

I think its safe to assume that Destiny will jump to another galaxy in season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                    I think it is mentioned in a spoiler from the episode "Sabotage"
                    Spoiler:
                    that one of Destiny's 12 FTL engines explodes, and RUsh says that its not theat bad since it wont drag down the others when the ship jumps the void between the galaxy's.

I think its safe to assume that Destiny will jump to another galaxy in season 1.
                    To be specific it happens in
                    Spoiler:
                    Lost. 1.15. And then in the next episode, 1.16. Sabotage, one of the 12 FTL engines is sabotaged.

Comment

Originally posted by randomking View Post
                      that's one of the reasons i am wondering....it has to be something obber compared to ftl...seems like the battery's would not last for the trip
                      One would think since there would be no reason for the ship to be inhabited in the void between galaxies, the crew would have originally evacuated back through the gate before it's departure from a galaxy, and then Destiny would automatically shut down all systems except propulsion,shields, and navigation, giving them the needed longevity in FTL.
                      E.D.E.N.

Comment

Working...
                      X