Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Did anyone else think Chloe was fantastic?

I really, I mean really enjoyed Chloe in this episode than I did in the past few episodes. I really liked the dream sequence in the beginning, and her interaction with Rush. Plus she did something useful to all those complainers out there. She volunteered to swap bodies with a real doctor to remove the implant device!

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Re: Did anyone else think Chloe was fantastic?

if she was the one that pulled out the tracking device then i would say fantastic

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Surprise me...if you didn't think she was fantastic, don't be mean about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    I really, I mean really enjoyed Chloe in this episode than I did in the past few episodes. I really liked the dream sequence in the beginning, and her interaction with Rush. Plus she did something useful to all those complainers out there. She volunteered to swap bodies with a real doctor to remove the implant device!
    The opening 5 minutes were fantastic, yeah. Although I was a little disappointed she seemed so swayed by TJ's little speech... Chloe was right, after all. Young wanting to blow up the enemy ship (and possibly the Destiny, as Eli warned) was no less selfish than what Young accuses Rush of doing. And at least with Rush, he does what he does because he believes Young is honestly wrong. Young does what he does simply because he finds Rush annoying.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    Young does what he does simply because he finds Rush annoying.
    Not so much annoying, but more of a threat. Rush knows more about the ship than anyone else. He can use that as leverage against Young and undermine his authority. As Wray said, Young is a full-bird colonel, so Young won't tolerate having a civilian give him orders, or giving orders that contradict his own.

The opening 5 minutes were fantastic, yeah. Although I was a little disappointed she seemed so swayed by TJ's little speech... Chloe was right, after all. Young wanting to blow up the enemy ship (and possibly the Destiny, as Eli warned) was no less selfish than what Young accuses Rush of doing. And at least with Rush, he does what he does because he believes Young is honestly wrong. Young does what he does simply because he finds Rush annoying.
    I as well was a bit disappointed, but I think one reason I enjoy Chloe is because she is kinda like me, I'm very easily persuaded....and can feel useless at times. But yes I agree, Young appears to be more selfish than Rush, and a lesser leader as well IMO.

Staff Sergeant

I think it makes sense that Chloe passively sided with the civilians in this situation. Yes, she's been mad at Rush before. But the situation with Young, where he essentially left Rush to die fired her up, just like she got fired up at the possibility of one person having to sacrifice him/her self for the good of everyone else (in the premiere).

Captain

I liked how Chloe was set up to be The Big Bad Conspirator, gettin' all distract-ey with Eli like that, and the PTBs ripped that carpet out from under us Nicely done, PTBs. Nicely done.

Also, I thought Chloe's arguments in this episode were accurate and to the point. She really brought a depth to this episode, especially in her argument with TJ.

I really enjoyed Chloe in this episode as well. Her actions were pretty significant, imo, as it's nice to see her making decisions on her own even though some of those closest to her were obviously not on the same side.

I'm going to be very happy if this spells the beginning of an interesting development for her. Even more so, however, I wouldn't mind if this sort of drove a wedge between her and Scott. It's not that I don't want them together, but I would like to see them grow as individuals while apart.

This was a good episode, and a good one for Chloe imo.
    Sig by Pandora's Box

It was odd seeing Chloe and TJ argue, as they are my top favorite characters. But Chloe made a valid argument.

Captain

I was certainly glad to see some growth in Chloe's character. I can't say I was blown away, but then again, these sorts of changes do not happen instantly. Gradual change is certainly more realistic than the (often once-a-season) epiphanies that characters in more plot-based shows. I am far more interested in Chloe's character after this episode, and am looking forward to seeing where she goes from here!

Young wanting to blow up the enemy ship (and possibly the Destiny, as Eli warned) was no less selfish than what Young accuses Rush of doing. And at least with Rush, he does what he does because he believes Young is honestly wrong. Young does what he does simply because he finds Rush annoying.
    Young wanted to blow up the ship because if he didn't they could have been destroyed or boarded or something. He didn't want the hostile aliens to escape and come back later. Sure he could have done so earlier before he knew rush was on board but at the time there was a chance of saving Chloe. Once the stones stopped working what was he supposed to do? Sit there and let the aliens just fly off to come back later when they weren't prepared? Or at least that's the way I saw it.

I kinda wished they would have given me more reason to sympathize with the civilians. It just felt to me like they had a temper tantrum and got put on time out at the end there. I did love how Young stood in the doorway and made them do a walk of shame as he watched them go though. Chloe seeming to take a fairly active role in things was interesting.

I think Chloe has gotten a lot more to do over the last three episodes (Justice, Space, Divided), but this one really surprised me. Not so much with the amount of screen time she had, but the fact that she sided with Rush and Wray against Young, Scott and Eli. Was not expecting that at all.

It seems that the romance between her and Scott has taken a hit. Will be interesting to see if they continue on after this or breakup. She did come through in the end by volunteering to switch bodies with the doctor, but the level of trust between her and Matt will probably never be the same.

Chloe had great character development this episode. She was not a damsel in distress this episode, and that is a great improvement. Hopefully it continues. I think that she not only hurt the relationship that she had with Scott, she also damaged her friendship with Eli. Neither of them can really trust her anymore.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Astria View Post
    Chloe had great character development this episode. She was not a damsel in distress this episode, and that is a great improvement. Hopefully it continues. I think that she not only hurt the relationship that she had with Scott, she also damaged her friendship with Eli. Neither of them can really trust her anymore.
    Give it time. I hope that this issue isn't white-washed by the next episode, but it shouldn't be dragged out for seasons either. Forgive and move on (eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    Give it time. I hope that this issue isn't white-washed by the next episode, but it shouldn't be dragged out for seasons either. Forgive and move on (eventually).
    Oh I agree. It has to be there, and has to have an effect on them, but it can't be an issue for too long. It would create way too much drama on the ship if it did carry on.

Yes, Chloe was fantastic in this episode. A good recovery from the last, where she was basically (one again) a plot device rather than an active character.
    I don't think she was actively trying to distract Eli when Rush made his move. She seemed surprised when she saw the computers, and called Eli over. I like how her relationship with Rush is starting to grow, I've been hoping for a while that those two would become friends of sorts. I think Rush needs someone on that ship to care about, someone who can pull him out of his shell and also play on his emotions if he's about to take a step too far. The scene where Chloe and Wray convince him to spare Scott and Young was very powerful.
    I expect that Scott and Chloe are done for now. And I'm glad for that, it'll provide room for both of them to grow. I can't imagine Scott wanting to be with Chloe after she sided with Rush anyway.
    Also, TJ v. Chloe was good. For the first time, I severely disliked TJ because of it.

I don't think anybody was fantastic in this episode, but she did have some use. It was interesting she took the civilian side. Since Young was ready to blow her up one episode before. It made some sense that she took it personally.

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Chloe was probably my shining character in this episode. She stuck to her convictions and she wasn't that apologetic about it to either Eli or Scott. Not letting herself get tied down or defined by the two guys in her life.

Good on her.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

credit where credit is due!

she was good in this episode! and ive continuously bashed her since the pilot!!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast