Music at the end of Space...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music at the end of Space...

I wanted to start a discussion to see how other might have felt about the music at the end of Space.

My thoughts...

Was that Rob Thomas?

For comparison, I think the music sequence at the end of Air worked well. Flogging Molly might be popular for Irish punk but I wouldn't consider it mainstream. The song was appropriate and helped convey the feeling of relief and sadness all at the same time.

The music at the end of space didn't really work as well for me. Partially because of the artist, it had a feel of: We're sticking this here to sell albums. The music wasn't as powerful, and didn't track with the emotions I was seeing on the screen.

It made me think... "I wish I was reading this in a book so I had a clue what was going on in these people's heads." The music in Air had the opposite effect of providing that insight just enough that my imagination filled in the blanks.

Thoughts?

You're late on starting a discussion. There's already a thread dedicated to contemporary music in SGU and one about musical montages, in the SGU general discussion section.

Comment

Oh, I see. Discussion specific to the music in Space isn't appropriate here?

Comment

It's not that it's inappropriate, but it's a redundant thread.

Comment

Working...
        X