Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a quibble

(did i spell that word right?)

Ok im new to the forums, never really posted. Love the site, and the podcast keep up the good work.

Ever since i noticed this quibble it has really been bugging me. And i just needed to share it after hearing other quibbles on the podcast.

At the end of the episode when Young is sewing up the hole in his sock, did anyone else notice he's laying on a leather couch? Where did that couch come from? I'm 99% sure they didn't bring it though with them, and im also don't think the Ancients had leather couches on the ship.

What does everyone else think?

It had to have been on the ship. The quarters were all fully furnished. Whether the couch is supposed to be leather or not is a completely different question. There are synthetic leathers available in the real world, so it stands to reason that the Ancients had the smarts to create similar synthetic materials as well.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

We've seen the furniture in previous episodes, so I'm assuming that the cool leather couches, along with the doesn't-rot-in-a-million-years bed linens are authentic Ancient interior decorating.

Groovy, no?
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I knew that the quarters were fully furnished, but the leather couch didn't seem to Ancient. But for linens and such, im thinking they were just lucky enough to grab the crate full of vacuum sealed (to save space) blankets and pillows. A survival kit of sorts.

It's just the couch stood out more then bed linens i guess.

Comment

I didn't know there were Space cows!!! lol There cute, but deadly watch out they'll kiss yah to death. But they make nice furniture on the ship Destiny.

As for the to much sugar in my blood, I think it was their previously. I guess Ancients like to ride in style just like us.

Comment

Originally posted by gizzmo View Post
            I knew that the quarters were fully furnished, but the leather couch didn't seem to Ancient. But for linens and such, im thinking they were just lucky enough to grab the crate full of vacuum sealed (to save space) blankets and pillows. A survival kit of sorts.

It's just the couch stood out more then bed linens i guess.
            It may look like leather. That doesn't mean it is leather. This is the Ancients after all.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Other animals other than cows, goats, sheep, elk, moose, etc. have skin that can be tanned. Or maybe it is just nagahide
              sigpic

Comment

i'd say the Boxes in air. or it's leather from the Time Aliens/chesthuggers

Comment

I was just about to say the samething thekillman, I was watching Air this morning and they did say they had crates quite a few crates sitting in the gate room. I still like the idea of a cow floating in outer space with a space helmet, or an evil cow on a planet. Eli goes walking up to it wanting to pet it and the thing has like razor sharp teeth or like a deer haha. Kind of like Monty Python evil rabbit!
                  Last edited by CCA; 08 April 2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I wonder if the Destiny is stocked for whoever might show up?
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                    X