No announcement yet.

If SGU had a central team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teams have mostly consisted of people based on what item they need to find on a planet. Since we've seen some people grown in strengths during S2, I'd have a team made up of:

Team One:
    Scott - team leader despite being one of two pilots aboard Destiny. He's most senior besides Young.
    Greer - he's there to protect the butter bar
    Volker - scientist type
    Misc redshirt

Team Two:
    James - as TJ is too valuable as medic aboard ship
    Cprl Barnes - there to protect the butter bar; I would have said Cpl Marsden but he was killed in The Hunt.
    Chloe - put those new math skills to use or Morrison - James can knock him out again if he whines too much
    Misc redshirt

I just realized team 2 is mostly women. Interesting. You don't want Matt & Chloe on a team together because of distractions. Yes, they did manage okay during Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
      If SGU had A main team the way SG-1 and Atlantis does, who would you pick for that team?

myself:
      Matthew Scott
      Eli Wallace
      Vanessa James
      Ronald Greer

What are your choices?
      That's my pick. Perfect team. Even though V. James is the same rank as Scott I'd put her on the team for two reasons: #1.) Gorgeous babe #2.) rather see her than Chloe.

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      Scratch James and add TJ (if we're going with only 4). I think once they start going off-world more often there will be multiple teams to cover more ground within the time constrains.
      TJ has to stay on board. You do not see Dr. Frasier going on a lot of missions.

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
      TJ is their only (barely) qualified medical professional. Off-world teams (or would this be a shore party, since they're ship-based?) have a startling rate of injury (especially for doctors). She's far, far too valuable to risk like that.
      Exactly.

With Lt. Scott as their only decent shuttle pilot, he should be stricken as well but might get a pass based on leadership ability and/or chain of command.
      Scott is perfect for the "Col. O'Neill" of the team. Everyone likes him. Anyone else you pick is just going to be second fiddle. Young = "Hammond"

A case could be made for Eli, since he's smart enough to be of use but not a vital member of the ship that he is irreplaceable.
      Remember Samantha Carter, and Rodney McKay yet both were on their respective team.
      Eli is SGU version of them.

As far as Chloe is concerned. I'd put her on the bridge.
      sigpic

Comment

Just doing a rewatch.

As stated before a classical SG team needs a leader, a genius scientist, at least one super soldier, an alien and a cultural expert (most people in the teams took two roles at once).

The obvious choice for team leader is Scott. He is one of only 4 officers onboard Destiny. Young must commad the ship, TJ has to much other thing to do. While Scott is not the best leader, he handled himself better than James. Also he is one of the two pilots on Destiny. When I think how often a SG team had to use alien ships to flee this would be great advantage. Also the Destiny shuttles seem pretty easy to handle (they assumed the civilians in Faith could fly the shuttle without any training).

The super soldier has to be Greer. He's got the most combat expirience, he would got to hell and drag his people back out, if they died.

The genius would be Eli. Rush is no team player. He just doesn't fit in a team.

This leaves the position of alien and cultural expert. This would be really difficult as they don't have an alien left (as far as I remember all LA personel is dead by the end of season 2). They also don't seem to have any cultural expert. So I would see this position as a wildcard depending on situation. TJ for medical support, another soldier for firepower, a scientist for botanics or geology (also they've lost her only gelogist with Palmer in Air...) or ancient computers.

Comment

Originally posted by Killfetzer View Post
          This leaves the position of alien and cultural expert. This would be really difficult as they don't have an alien left (as far as I remember all LA personel is dead by the end of season 2). They also don't seem to have any cultural expert. So I would see this position as a wildcard depending on situation. TJ for medical support, another soldier for firepower, a scientist for botanics or geology (also they've lost her only gelogist with Palmer in Air...) or ancient computers.
          Varro is still around, but I think he'd be a better fit as the leader for another team (the crew seems like they started trusting him at the end there.

Comment

Working...
          X