No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. I just wanted to ask. Would you mind if I tried to pull together the fleets mythology or parts of it in to a prose novel? I'm looking for a little project to keep me busy but wanted to ask first. I'll prob use mostly my stuff but there might be occasional overlaps with other people stuff so thought I'd let you know I'm thinking about it.

Tep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Hey guys. I just wanted to ask. Would you mind if I tried to pull together the fleets mythology or parts of it in to a prose novel? I'm looking for a little project to keep me busy but wanted to ask first. I'll prob use mostly my stuff but there might be occasional overlaps with other people stuff so thought I'd let you know I'm thinking about it.

Tep
      As you can tell, there aren't many left to complain. I personally don't mind.

Comment

Sorry been a while but glad to be back.
        sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

The virtual fleet concept is cool. I would be interested in a resurrection of VF 4.0 or the launch of a VF 5.0

Comment

Tep
            I say go for it

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Soo I'm currently rewatching all of sg1...it's kinda piqued my interest again. Just watched 2001 and remembered developing a whole fleet based on 2 episodes..who is still about?
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Soo I'm currently rewatching all of sg1...it's kinda piqued my interest again. Just watched 2001 and remembered developing a whole fleet based on 2 episodes..who is still about?
                Four Years later and I'm the first to reply.

I'm here but I have forgotten everything in all of the fleets. I'm reading back through this thread slowly to figure things out. What did we agree on about the beginning of the fleet's canon?

Relatively recently I've come up with a new alien concept to place in an alternate universe.

K-2 Kobolds Fleet;
                Spoiler:

Species: Kobold; This is just my personal take on Pathfinder/D&D Kobolds so they are 2'-3' tall humanoid lizard/dragon like beings with a thing for traps and mining, and tech but that is just a consequence of becoming more advanced.

Tech Level: Pre-Proto-Molecule Humanity (The Expanse); The reason they don't have FTL or any of the other more "Sufficiently Advanced" technology from Stargate is because of some oddly "shaped" subspace/hyperspace which made most, if not all, such technologies impossible.

Origin: Extra-galactic Star System/Heliopolis System; I came up with this idea after I found out that there are in fact stars between galaxies, not very many and very very far apart but they are there. They had a space fairing civilization thousands of years long, long enough to fully encapsulate their star in varying types of satellites. After nearly a thousand years of argument between varying factions they decide to turn their star into a Svoronos Star Tug starship in order to gain access to the resources of one of the nearby galaxies, picking up other extra-galactic stars along the way. Due to the need for less coverage of the star many of the habitats/vessels left along the planned route to turn the next stars into Svoronos Star Tug starships as well. However some of the habitats decided to go their own ways and to start their own civilizations.

The group that arrives in the Milky way is one of those final groups... that got lost due to mistakes in requisitions when they left many millions of years ago. They find themselves passing through this galaxy and must stop at the nearest star system along their ballistic trajectory, which happens to be the Heliopolis system. They arrive several years before SG-1 arrives in 1997 but only discovering Ernest Littlefield about a year before they will/would arrive to give them enough time to figure out how to translate English to their language, gonna call it Draconic because of course, and vise versa. They are currently working towards building a Huff n Puff Starlifting operation as well as a new Dyson Swarm, though either of those are years away with their current technology.
                ~Fleet~
                I'll come up with designs for these eventually I'm really out of the habit of designing things, and I never actually got good with Blender.

Battleships/Wyrms (>400m): None; Upon arrival they aren't building up their fleet so the only large ships that they have are in fact their ancient habitats which are in no way set up to deliver violence.

Cruisers/Dragons (350-250m): 1(Under Construction); While they aren't building up a major military force yet they are making sure to have some defenses as this is an alien galaxy and all they have to go on are Science Fiction stories about what may be out there.

Destroyers/Wyverns (200-150m): 2+3(Under Construction); These are mostly being used as rapid point to point aiding other ships in the system. They are quite capable in combat with things of similar scale to themselves.

Frigates/Drakes (100-50m): 15+30(Under Construction); These, while being armed, are mostly being used as tugs throughout the system. Technically once full production of warships begin these ships will go back to being full on tugs, or something else.

Sloops/Hydrites (<40m): 50+Unknown(Under Construction); These are mostly armed private ships but due to the laws involved they are required to turn their weapons to defense when needed.

So, how's this fit in? I'll be sure to read the actual thread before any more posts.

Comment

Working...
                X