No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They eradicated cancer around 600 years ago.
    Cancer is not so much a disease as a disorder. It has billions of causes. You can not eradicate it. You can "only" successfully cure low-mid range cancer, not even sure if the most aggressive ones can be cured.

Still, proper cancer treatment is worth gold. I mean, destroying cancer isn't a problem. It's not destroying everything that's not cancer.

Basically, Anubis's handy work is not gone yet.

Could make a good basis for a series of fleets stories.
    Anubis' work is still aplenty, yes. not sure about the use of it. If anything, Goauld technology is enormously size-inefficient. There's sufficient firepower density, just enormously improper ship design.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      Cancer is not so much a disease as a disorder. It has billions of causes. You can not eradicate it. You can "only" successfully cure low-mid range cancer, not even sure if the most aggressive ones can be cured.

Still, proper cancer treatment is worth gold. I mean, destroying cancer isn't a problem. It's not destroying everything that's not cancer.
      They fortify cellular membranes against carcinogens. I was thinking I should have worded it different before I went to sleep. Also, they have nano tech to eradicate cancer cells.

Anubis' work is still aplenty, yes. not sure about the use of it. If anything, Goauld technology is enormously size-inefficient. There's sufficient firepower density, just enormously improper ship design.
      So....was that a green light? I was thinking this mothership could be version 3.0, even more advanced then the last two, it was going to be his grandest warship. Partially plated with Kull armor. Advanced weapons with higher firing rates. Increased force field strength.

Did anyone else notice that orange shields are generally used in space, and blue in the atmosphere? Ha'taks, the Seberus, a Biliskner class ship, and in atmosphere the Goa'uld used blue security fields in hallways, Hathor had a big blue shield over the gate, and then Atlantas had a blueish shield. Ancient warships had orange shields.
      sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

They fortify cellular membranes against carcinogens.
        to my knowledge, this is blatantly impossible.

Also, they have nano tech to eradicate cancer cells.
        eradicating cancer isn't that hard. like i said, not eradicating everything else is the difficult part. Proton Beam therapy already helps, but stuff like smart drugs will already help quite a bit.

So....was that a green light? I was thinking this mothership could be version 3.0, even more advanced then the last two, it was going to be his grandest warship. Partially plated with Kull armor. Advanced weapons with higher firing rates. Increased force field strength.
        uhm, what do you need the big ship for? i see no point. there was a story where the LA suddenly possessed two Ha'tak'ko, not sure about the point of time it played in. IMO, re-building that class might be a worthwhile investment, it just depends on what you want to do with it.

i didn't mean shipyards. obviously, Anubian stuff remains. still, i think economy and logistics right now are a bigger problem.

Did anyone else notice that orange shields are generally used in space, and blue in the atmosphere? Ha'taks, the Seberus, a Biliskner class ship, and in atmosphere the Goa'uld used blue security fields in hallways, Hathor had a big blue shield over the gate, and then Atlantas had a blueish shield. Ancient warships had orange shields.
        *shoots down theory with Asgard shields and Anubis' shield*

Comment

to my knowledge, this is blatantly impossible.
          I am not so sure, your cells can already choose what to let inside them because they are surrounded by a semi permeable membrane.

Newer Asgard shields were whiteish blue, and what Anubis shield? His motherships shield? The *cough* orange one that was 40% effective in an atmosphere.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Carcinogens use the very same ducts to get inside as all kinds of ions, proteins, etc.

not to mention radioactive isotopes.

so yes, it's blatantly impossible. still, if the Houjin could cure common forms of cancer like skin cancer, not too badly seeded cancer to all sorts of organs, and some other forms, they'd already have a massive advantage. in the end, cancer is still your own body being faulty, so there's always gonna be a threshold beyond which you can't be cured. still, proper checks and proper treatment go a long, long way.

Comment

uhm, what do you need the big ship for? i see no point. there was a story where the LA suddenly possessed two Ha'tak'ko, not sure about the point of time it played in. IMO, re-building that class might be a worthwhile investment, it just depends on what you want to do with it.

i didn't mean shipyards. obviously, Anubian stuff remains. still, i think economy and logistics right now are a bigger problem.
              Anubis already built it, years ago. Its sitting there, waiting for someone(or dare I say something) to find it.

Comment

uhm no, the Ha'tak'ko is Sokar's mothership (Big pyramid). Anubis' class is wholly different.

given the general tech level of the LA, i'd consider the Ha'tak'ko more their style. though it IS one hell of an investment, while the Ko'tak is probably a more superior class.

again, i see little added value for an Anubis Mothership.

Comment

again, i see little added value for an Anubis Mothership.
                  What about if Anubis had been working on replicating the Eye technology, which I believe could be prototype ZPM technology, so the arc weapon on this 3.0 ship would work?

I have been adding stuff to the wikia btw. "Cannon" stuff though.

Comment

more like predecessor than prototype

please no on the arc weapon

Comment

Arc weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......

Whats wrong with the arc weapon? Every big ship needs a big weapon. Thats a plot rule. Without the arc weapon the ship would be about 40% less dangerous.

Comment

And dont think I did not notice you ignore a certain shield question.

Also, "the Host" are those foothold alien dudes right?

And the name Vanir makes more sense from a mythological perspective then Jotnar. I always thought the Jotnar should be an aggressive alien race, not Asgard. Although, giants and Aesir did intermix.
                        Last edited by Gormagon; 30 April 2012, 07:39 AM.

Comment

The shield thing makes no sense: the goauld use Orange shields. in space.

It likely has to do with the way shields are generated.

And the name Vanir makes more sense from a mythological perspective then Jotnar. I always thought the Jotnar should be an aggressive alien race, not Asgard. Although, giants and Aesir did intermix.
                          Mckoy's idea. Not sure what the reason behind it was. I think it's fine (jotnar)

Comment

Mckoy's idea. Not sure what the reason behind it was. I think it's fine (jotnar)
                            Still sounds a little strange to me.

So whats your beef with the Arc weapon technology? I always thought it was awesome.

Comment

it was, even though there's absolutely no reason it should've worked. i liked the Eye thing though.

Anyway, that thing -realistically- should have the firepower to wipe out fleets of Ha'tak.

Comment

Just a note:

is it me, or are all the stories on the Story Thread corrupted?

Comment

Working...
                                X