No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or we could completely remove traditional earth governments. Make it a secret private organisation. Ala Torchwood. It could actually be very important. If they didnt ally themselves to this world, but in fact existed as an isolated group of humanity based on planet earth but involved in affairs on other worlds. I actually like this idea alot, because we could have secret based offworld that have been set up and can be opperated from. It would only take a minor edit of the timeline to make this work, all that would be required for this to be fine would be for Earth's DHD to have been captured by this organization along with the stargate. Perhaps even the Langfords were the founders, they found the DHD and Gate and then set up a base using their families wealth. They recruited mercinary forces and experts, those who were not affiliated to the military, Jack was retured and Jackson was a joke, they could still be involved. Sam could have been contracted in, or even Mckay who had no military affiliation.

In 2010 they could have a small network of bases and planets, with enough offworld resources and capabilities and a sizable force of captured ships and technology to feel ready to launch a major fight against the goauld and other powers. They ally with various local powers etc, and carve out a small war.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

i'm not THAT much a fan of "secret organisation".

we forgot the re'ol and re'tu. i think the Re'ol, with some development, could be interesting. and the re'tu could be a pain-in-the-ass type race.

Comment

It works though, a secret organisation, basicly NID/Shield done right but with an archgate agenda.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

well i'm gonna wait to see what the rest thinks before making judgments.

without constraints of budgets or so, could we please have staffweapons be somewhat more potent than the meagre things they became? can't really recall the episode (again...) but SG1 comes in under fire and the staffweapon blasts shoot off bits of concrete and shoot holes in metal. that kind of stuff. not the small fireballs thing.

some more things i was a fan of:

-UAV (various episodes) and UAV support (Death Knell, it's a small UCAV)
          -MALPs.
          -handheld "scanners"
          -Intar
          -Tac's
          -zat'ni'ki'tel.
          -hand devices
          -the various goauld trinkets
          -ori stunner glove
          -stun grenades
          -any equipment Aris Boch and the bountyhunters from Bounty had.

role of some races:

-Tok'ra as scientists, who can more easily provide a quickfix technology or an insight into goauld tech.
          -Nox as a passive race, who provide a sanctuary, so we actually have a place to send refugees. may very rarely cure exotic disease.
          -Asgard as protectors and allies. but they are occupied with more stuff than just our squabbles and have a multi-galactic empire to run and maintain and replicators to defeat.
          -the Furlings are and should remain dead.
          -the Ancients are dead, but left behind the occasional trinket or thing.

-Tollan are happy with their peace and planet, but they could occasionally be convinced to help.

-the Aschen could provide interesting Biowarfare story, but they shouldn't be able to traverse half the galaxy. have their range limit be their weakness.

- Hebridans are an interesting addition as a 22nd century earth type race.

-Quinn's people are interesting as firsthand explorers of Naquahdriah and similar tech, with a 21th century tech level and their own desires of space fleets etc.

Comment

I would like Intars to be used a hell of alot more. By both sides. They are so much more powerful than we can see. A crystal that can turn any weapon in to an energy shot which only stuns. I think its a base for what Ronans pistol is.
            As to staff weapons, they can be upgraded vastly. Firstly they can be made much more compact. The long staff is not nescciary, they could be put in to another shape or system, they could have scopes. The larger versions could have autoturrets and sensors easily. Death gliders should be completely changed, they dont need wings, so the underside could be fitted with an Alkesh turret and be gate capable with ease. Alot like the ones in the recent SGU episode. Teltaks are i think one of the best ships of the goauld, but they need additional shielding and weapons, the souped teltak Vala had should be standard. Alkesh have just as much potential. There also needs to be more use of the Sarcofagus technology, we know that the base technology uses radiation of some form that if powered and used could easily be broadcast by a ship, effectively a hospital ship, capable of reviving or healing groups of troops on a large scale.
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

well before we go that way i'd like to see the god goauld first. later on it might change, and even later the LA would make full use of the potential. but essentially a "well of eternal youth" created by a god of healing indeed would be nice and fitting.

intar do need some tweaking in order to prevent them from being too uber. i liked the need for multiple hits to stun. allows our heroes to be hit a few times without instant stun.

staffweapons are nice, i like them, they're iconic. but after a few years, once the goauld start their process of realisation, they might switch to better weapon.

i'd like to establish one rule:

-whatever we can find, whatever we can think of, our enemy can do that too.

the goauld might at first be different, but yes we can have one-off or short-arc enemies that are more intelligent. the Aschen should be a highly intelligent but also local threat.

Comment

i would like to join.

I agree that the staff weapons should have some other versions. if the gate program is a sercet orgazation type thing, doesn't that limit personal and resources?
                time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                sigpic

Comment

Just 2 questions :

- are all the Goa'ulds supposed to be bad guys? can we have delusionnal ones that really think they are benevolent gods and just mess up with lesser race while trying to make them better?

- what are the civilization associated with the goa'ulds? ancient egypt and greece? what else?
                  La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                  L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

OK, I'm a bit late to the party.

I've read the first pages and I've already lost track of a lot of things. Can I propose that we take this one episode at a time? Starting with Children of the Gods and working out way forward, changing bits and pieces that need changing and adding new stories where required as we go along?

This would give us a solid foundation from which to build upward and it would make it easier to keep track of events, developments, new tactics and tech that's been added, etc.

What do you guys think?

PS. Killman has a point on several issues: The Jaffa foremost, their armor is supposed to be made out of trinium and naqudah so we should have them take a lot more punishment before going down, and the same for their staff weapons, in the movie and in COTG they were far more powerful than later in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                      Just 2 questions :

- are all the Goa'ulds supposed to be bad guys? can we have delusionnal ones that really think they are benevolent gods and just mess up with lesser race while trying to make them better?

- what are the civilization associated with the goa'ulds? ancient egypt and greece? what else?
                      Not all of them. The tok'ra are technically the same species for example, but a different culture. And it's the System Lords who are the really ego-maniacal ones. I'd like to see more minor goa'uld like Killman. In fact, I propose ahead of time that we capture a few of these to give us a leg up with out alien tech research.
                      I say, plant some pressurized sleeping gas across the market place on the day of some public celebration of a minor Goa'uld where all his homies are expected to come out and vie for his favors than release it int eh middle of the celebration. Come in, kidnap all the Goa'uld, strip the place of any and all useful tech, and bug out before anyone wakes up. More dangerous than a more limited spec ops raid, but the physiological value should make up for it.

As to cultures, any and all. The Goa'uld came after those cultures developed and took up the forms of pre-existing deities.

Comment

So this new fleet is absolutely going for an AU sort of direction? Also if so how Alternate will it go?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          Not all of them. The tok'ra are technically the same species for example, but a different culture. And it's the System Lords who are the really ego-maniacal ones.
                          Well I was thinking on Goa'ulds like Hathor (sex, drug and rock'n'roll) or the other one on that planet where people live only a few days. Basically, people working for them would enjoy every last of the few days they have to live while still being enslaved.

I'd like to see more minor goa'uld like Killman. In fact, I propose ahead of time that we capture a few of these to give us a leg up with out alien tech research.
                          I say, plant some pressurized sleeping gas across the market place on the day of some public celebration of a minor Goa'uld where all his homies are expected to come out and vie for his favors than release it int eh middle of the celebration. Come in, kidnap all the Goa'uld, strip the place of any and all useful tech, and bug out before anyone wakes up. More dangerous than a more limited spec ops raid, but the physiological value should make up for it.
                          Well that's an idea I'd like to give to the Free Jaffa. If we are going to have an Alternate Universe, that's probably the kind of stunt that could make them powerful allies. It could be used also against some Tok'ra operatives acting as minor Goa'ulds.

Can I propose that we take this one episode at a time? Starting with Children of the Gods and working out way forward, changing bits and pieces that need changing and adding new stories where required as we go along?
                          For start, what about looking at the Goa'uld side of the story.

I remember that on Chulak, Apophis had a city (that we never saw after COTG) with people living there quite comfortably.

I always thought that they were in charge of the planet administration and wondered why Apophis trusted them with that job when he had all those other Goa'ulds at his service. Maybe we can have one posing as the political or spiritual leader of his cult on Chulak.

Spoiler:

Minor Goaulds accompanying Apophis :
                          Spoiler:
                          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

i'm not talking episodes, i'm talking about roles. the episodes i named were ones i liked, and are what i'd like to see: the ancients, as a very dead race with the occasional trinket and nice device left behind. the asgard as a power but incapable of intervention in the MW, simply because they have better things to do. the Nox should have a somewhat bigger role as a sanctuary.

again i would like to start differently from the beginning.

my idea of the start:

-in approx. 1995 the gate was first activated. on the other side was a nice planet, the gate being near the northern hemisphere, with canada/sweden esque surroundings: snow, cold, pine-tree-like-trees, and the sort of stuff you'd expect at such temperatures. a research base was set up. after nothing major happened for several months, the gate contact became less and less, as each gate activation takes quite some power. a young scientist named Carter figured out the adress system, and used earth's stellar maps to calculate adresses to other nearby planets. a dialling programme was started, and within the year, 4 more planets were found. the first planet found was called the Alpha site, and the other planets named accordingly: the Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon site. on one planet, a crashed ship was found, on the others remnants of alien populations and some technology. by 2000 all planets had research bases and we were exploring these planets. in Rosswell the ship that crashed there has been studied for many years aswel. the G8 funds the entire programme, from the research stations to the crashed ship research.

the story starts in 2010, 10 years later.

from here we can take off in several directions.

-we have built the first interstellar ship and we follow this ship as it explores the galaxy, using a galactic map from one of the crashed ships.

-we fully figure out the gate system and start exploration from the Alpha site. gate adresses are found in the alien ships.

Comment

I like that, more of a combo between trek and gate, great idea! Yet it is still gate.

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Interesting, count me in, i have a great idea for a brand new race of humans

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Working...
                                X