No announcement yet.

Everybody Loves Hugo (612)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m sorry for the question, I’m sure you all discussed this issue already in another thread, I just couldn’t find it, so…
    How the hell can Boeing (or what is this Ajira airplane) take off from the sandy beach anyway? Surely, Lock won’t lift it in the air miraculously – so, there is no need for dynamite, isn’t it?
    Last edited by tessa; 15 April 2010, 04:36 PM.
    Everything will be okay in the end.
    If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Comment

Originally posted by tessa View Post
      I’m sorry for the question, I’m sure you all discussed this issue already in another thread, I just couldn’t find it, so…
      How the hell Boeing (or what is this Ajira airplane) can take off from the sandy beach anyway? Surely, Lock won’t lift it in the air miraculously – so, there is no need for dynamite, isn’t it?

The Other's cleared a patch of jungle on Hydra island in order to make a runway. I believe that was back in early season 3. At the time, why the runway was needed was unknown and was supposedly ordered to be built by Jacob. Now we know it's likely Jacob knew Ajira 316 was going to come to the island and ordered the runway built so the plane could make a relatively safe landing. Frank was able to land the plane safely and relatively intact.

Comment

Thanks!
        I hope, Jacob ordered to build a taxi track too. Otherwise it’d be an interesting thing to make the plane about-turn
        …Or I hope Jacob didn’t. I’m not sure yet.
        Everything will be okay in the end.
        If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Comment

This was a really good episode. I found the Hurley/Libby scenes pretty touching. That ending with Desmond hitting Locke really took me by surprise.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Fantastic episode, one of the best this season I think, everything's really starting to pick up pace.

(Okay, maybe I'm just a fan of explosions)

Nice to see Michael & Libby back.

Seems that either/both Near Death Experiences and Love allows people in Timeline-X to remember the original Timeline. Whilst Desmond is somehow sharing memories between the two Timelines.

I reckon he hit Locke to give him a NDE and allow him to remember the other timeline, and as the Man in Black is currently taking Locke's form, that'll have some sort of effect on things. Locke wasn't in love with anyone in the original timeline (besides Helen, though they'd broken up a while back), so Desmond had to almost-kill him.

Illana really doesn't know how to handle centuries old dynamite.

Comment

maybe she assumed jacob's power would keep her safe like he did for richard and sheppard
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I liked this episode. I've always liked the Hugo centric episodes from past seasons. It was really good to see Jack back Hugo up and show him some trust, in the past Jack would normally just sort of dismiss him and take leadership himself and just do what he thought they should do, so it was really nice and kind of touching that he showed support to Hugo and let him be the head guy in charge type thing.
                Oh and it was good to see Michael back and get the "whispers" explanation. Slowly but surely getting answers
                sigpic

Comment

I have to admit, even though I was aware of the likelihood of an explosion with the old dynamite, it must have slipped my mind just long enough for me to be shocked by Ilana's explosive departure. Poor woman. Can you imagine the actress reading the script for this episode? Dialogue dialogue dialogue and... BOOM! You are dead. Thanks for playing. Or better yet, the writers spending hours trying to come up with ways for Ilana to contribute to the final episodes, only for someone to suggest they simply get rid of her with a few sticks of dynamite. Oh dear.

I also am very disturbed by evil Sayid. I used to absolutely love his character, and the internal struggles he had to grapple with. Now, he's just plain sinister. Will there ever be redemption for our Iraqi anti-hero?

Finally, I hope we see more of Michael before all is said and done. And for that matter, the only two primary cast members from 815 yet to appear this season are Shannon and Eko. Let's hope they pop up at some stage too, to complete the saga. Oh, and Bernard. Actually, where the hell are our favourite retirees these days?
                  sigpic

Comment

This episode were full of answers to things we kinda knew already, like what the whispers are all together, the spotlight was on Hugo this time around and there is still the mystery about Desmond, the flash sideways seems to prove that. In all the flash sideways it seems that everyone knows each other and getting back all together in some way or the other, and nothing is said about the island, just the plane ride. Well its getting pretty interesting each week. Can't wait till next episode to see whats going to be revealed in the flash sideways and the orginal timeline.its good to see some of the orginal charaters, like libby-Michael. who is going to be next?

Comment

Working...
                    X