• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happily Ever After (611)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    HAPPILY EVER AFTER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 611

Charles Widmore subjects Desmond to a high-powered experiment, putting his life on the line. Elsewhere Desmond encounters Charlie Pace, a junkie rock star who is convinced there is more to life than what they know.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 08 April 2010, 02:51 PM.

so...........eloise is widmor's wife? daniel is his son? and we got a MASSIVE clue about the 'flash sideways', kinda suggesting that they're not reality as much as being a fantasy or dream or something. eloise said, in essence, you got your happily ever after, don't question. you're not ready yet' (to know the truth)

maybe the flash sideways are a test for the candidates? see what their fantasy is to see who deserves to 'win'?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have yet to see this episode, but spoil me silly

Comment

it was all desmond focused. they have a coil thingie with widmore's group. One dude accidentally gets caught in it and is killed, desmond is put iin and we see his flash sideways.

in it he runs into charlie, who was hired by part of the widmore clan. eloise shows up...as widmore's wife. Daniel reveals himself as widmore's son, penny is simply widmore's half sister (daniel's that is)

desmond, after a car wreck, is having an mri and has flashbacks to desmond's time on the island, namely charlie's hand and 'penny on boat' message.

desmond tries to figure it out and find penny...and is warned by eloise to not question it, that 'he's not ready yet'

we eventually go back to the island to find out that desmond's flash sideways seems to be caused by the machine thingie (suggsting that the others have a similar origin)

eloise also suggests that the outcome of desmonds' flash sideways is important, suggesting to me that it might be some sort of a test or something
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LOVED this episode. Desmond is so awesome... and yay! Charlie again! I'm agreeing with SD above now.. It seems as though the flash-sideways is artificial. How and why, we don't have any idea, at least not yet.

Random other thoughts:

-Man, I missed both Desmond and Penny, as well as the combo of both of them at the same time. They are easily my favorite characters in the LOST universe.
          -Like I said above, it was great to see Charlie again. He was a bit nuts/drugged up, but still cool to see him.
          -I'd like to know why Widmore needs Desmond. I guess we'll see.
          -Why did Des go with Sayid at the end? Guess we'll see on that too.
          -Kinda bothered me that hardly any of this episode was in the original universe. No big deal though.
          -I missed Daniel too. Good to see him back, if only for an episode. His technobabble was cool lol.
          -I'm not sure why everyone seemed to be afraid of whatshername, including Charles Widmore himself...

Fantastic episode. Again, it doesn't move the story forward hardly at all, but it's still good. I have a feeling that next week's episode will.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

the last five minutes was good, they wasted about 30 minutes,,
            this episode was filler..
            IMHO
            My Story:
            http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

desmond is great!

i really like his character, i like the actor, and i'd watch a show just with him... *takes moment to drool*

anyways, great episode!

that is all for now. bye.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

*sob* I missed the last couple of minutes. The last thing I saw was Desmond following Sayid. Did anything else happen?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                  *sob* I missed the last couple of minutes. The last thing I saw was Desmond following Sayid. Did anything else happen?
                  Just a tiny bit.
                  Spoiler:
                  Desmond leaves with Sayid. Desmond wakes up again in the flash-sidways, and Penny tells him he fainted upon shaking her hand. They agree to meet up for coffee in an hour. Desmond goes back to his car, and the driver tells him "if there's anything else I can do for you, just ask". Desmond asks him if he can get the passenger manifest from Flight 815. The driver says yes, but asks why. Dramatic music cues and Desmond says: "I just have to show them something." LOST.
                  There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

i loved it. very cool to see daniel, eloise and the others again. sad that we did not see charlote one more time, but maybe thats just me.
                    sigpic

Comment

the last 5 minutes was the real meat of the whole episode , the rest was sort of filler.. but there is only so much they can only do in one hour..
                      My Story:
                      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Really felt like this was a filler episode as has already been stated. This season really seems to be following a parttern of one great episode followed by several so so ones. Lost really seems to go through this area of dips and peaks.

As a stand alone episode it was pretty meh but the real point was to reintroduce desmond and to start tying in the alternate reality with the orignal one. It definitely seems like things are bleeding through or something like that, Desmonds memory flashes, Faraday having the physics knowledge etc.

I do have to remember that lost really isn't an episode of the week show, and it shouldn't be treated as such its more like each week is another chapter in a much larger book. Lost like the re-imagined BSG really is one of those series that you have to watch in a big marathon once its all finished and available to watch, just like having a book you can't put down .

Comment

I thought it was a great episode! The way they intertwined the characters in the parallel universe was neat. The car accident was wicked. Desmond meeting Penny and asking her for coffee was awesome. This episode was over before I realised, not a boring moment in it for me!
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Wow this was a very interesting episode involving Desmonds flash-sideways. That car accident was wild and Charlie, was like flipped out on drugs but still interesting story line. Seems like Mr. Wittmore is a very interesting guy and alot of interwining story lines makes it even more sitting at the edge of my seat episode.

Makes you wonder why Sayide showed up at the end and what made Desmond ask for the manifest of the passeragers.Storylines are getting really more and more creative and interesting. Can't wait till next week to see what developes.

Wish this wasn't the final season for it. Really going to miss it alot and will be buying all the seasons.

Comment

This episode kinda gives a whole new meaning to every time Desmond has said "See you in another life, brotha."
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                              X