This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wraith ghosts

have the wraith telepathy hallucinations thing actually appeared at all since the first/second episodes
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

It happened a few more times in Season 1, not sure what episodes. Then the writers forgot about it afterwords.

Comment

missed opportunities there
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Thw Wraith ghost were expensive to do all the time like the Stargate puddle
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

i dont know anything about cgi
          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

I would not say that the writers just forgot the Wraith had this ability, I think they just felt it was a plot device they felt hindered storylines instead of helping them . Not the first time in SG history that something has been changed or dropped , and I am sure it is not the last.

Interestingly enough in season 3 you had "Phantoms" - the device they encountered was based on enhancing the Wraith ability to make humans see things that wasn't there. Wonder if or how much Wraith had used those devices on other worlds?

Comment

They sorta used in when Atlantis was attacked, there was a wraith in the city the Athosians started seeing things. Assuiming the visions/projections are strong enough to make a normal person believe there is somthing there, if had tried to use it everytime they came in to contact with the Wriath, the SG team members wouldn't be able to do much as they would always think they are surrounded.

On the other hand, perhaps with some conditioning they can learn to tell the difference between a vision and a reality, such as Shepperd/Tayla telling marines not to shoot as they are only visions in the Pilot.

So we agree that it wasn't ret-conned like the Zat's 3rd blast was. But we also must assume that having to include it everytime they fought the Wriath would be pure effort to write/choreograph fights and keep interesting in general.

Although I do agree that it would have been interesting to see more of this ability.

Comment

Weren't the ghosts mostly used for 'gerding' humans ? make them go the way the wraith wated them to, then next thing the humans knew they were either beamed up by a dart or zapped by a wraith stun gun, to be later fed upon...or right at that moment.

I thought it also let them get an upper hand on their targets. make the humans go one way so the wraith could get a sneak attack advantage...but yeah, i was disappointed it never really came up again....
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X