Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no one searched for Curtis and Palmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no one searched for Curtis and Palmer?

Didn’t the hand-held D.H.D. remote save in memory address for planet Curtis and Palmer ‘evacuated’ to? And if it did, why no one bothered to look for them during one of the Destiny’s next stops?
    Everything will be okay in the end.
    If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Originally posted by tessa View Post
    Didn’t the hand-held D.H.D. remote save in memory address for planet Curtis and Palmer ‘evacuated’ to? And if it did, why no one bothered to look for them during one of the Destiny’s next stops?
    Because of the limitied range of these Stargates. Once the Destiny jumped again Curtis and Palmer were out of range of the Destiny
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks, apparently I’ve missed that part.

Comment

Not to mention that they didn't know what happened to Curtis and Palmer. They could be risking a team for two dead people. But I would like for them to come back and haunt the crew somehow.
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
          Not to mention that they didn't know what happened to Curtis and Palmer. They could be risking a team for two dead people.
          For two people that might be not dead YET. But definitely would without help. Do you really think it’s not worth to try?
          Originally posted by Janus View Post
          But I would like for them to come back and haunt the crew somehow.
          I don’t see how it’s possible. Besides the way that Rush did I mean.

Comment

for all we know their alive and sitting up in the trees drinking cocktails
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I like the idea of some lost ancient artefact that may be lying under that trees
              Like ZPM that could be connected to the Gate and clear their way home. Just imagine, after a long, long harassing journey crew finally returned to Earth to find this two drinking cocktails here

Comment

Yes, the lack of concern for these 2 crew members kind of bugs me.
                Granted, it happened early on when things were chaotic; but, it seems like just because these two where not "main characters," there was no further mention of them, or any brainstorming on how to go back and find them.
                I would hope that, eventually, when the crew finally has control of Destiny's navigation, going back and checking on these 2 civilians should be a priority.

Or better yet, it would be neat if they made an appearance in season 3 or 4, after everybody has forgotten about them, in a better spaceship of their own, and they give the Destiny the middle finger from the window and speed off.

Comment

This is one of those things that everyone seems to miss, and which is why I thoroughly recommend going back and re-watching season one now that we're well into season two.

One of the things SGU does is not always highlight what's happening. Normally after two randoms go missing the following is expected:
                  Scene description. Everyone near gate. The characters are as follows: military guy (I use "guy" in a gender neutral sense), leading possibly emotional guy, and problem solving guy. Obviously these characters can overlap etc.

Military guy: We gotta go back. Missing person #1 owes me a free dinner. (Has mischievous smile but still looks like he'll be kicking ass soon).
                  Leader: I know you care a lot about person #1, we all do.
                  Military: Then let's do something.
                  Leader: We can't.
                  Problem solver: I have an idea.
                  Everyone: Sounds like a plan! (Everyone high-fives).

Here's what they do in this episode.
                  • Greer shoots dude
                  • Eli say's we gotta do something
                  • Greer says we can't afford to, we'll send them a remote (makes throwing gesture)
                  • Eli tries to call them but gets no response

Missed that? It's because it wasn't overstated, and was mixed up among other scenes and involving other plot threads. IMO this simple take on an old premise is representative of what makes SGU great.

Comment

Didn't they say that the other 2 planets in range were 'locked' out for a reason. So maybe they realised that reason meant death to who went there... s felt they were dead.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Didn't they say that the other 2 planets in range were 'locked' out for a reason. So maybe they realised that reason meant death to who went there... s felt they were dead.
                      Check out my post just above yours

Comment

Originally posted by Kathar of the Hill People View Post
                        Yes, the lack of concern for these 2 crew members kind of bugs me..
                        restoring the air was the priorioty not losing 2 dumb crew members would didn't heed the warning
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Just rewatched this episode tonight. Greer did not throw the remote through the gate after them becasue they only had the one and wouldtn be able to dail Destiny themselves without it.

However when James and her team came through to search for Scott and Greer they brought a spare Kino with them which they handed to Eli who then turned to the inactive gate and started fiddling with the remote. My guess is that Whilst James and crew went off on their search Eli sent the kino through to whatever address that Curtis and Palmer went to to see if they were there but we didnt get to see it on screen.
                          Since the next time we see Eli he is standing beside the gate looking frustrated, its later on when James and her team are returning from a failed search and their about to run out of time before Destiny jumps to FTL, i'm also going to guess that he couldnt locate them before Destiny had to leave.
                          Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Or he did locate them, but they were dead already.

Comment

Working...
                            X