Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it really necessary to show James at the end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
    So, I get this right......You think just because soldiers are soldier, They cant cry???????

Spoiler:
    Well, I can tell you as a soldier in the US Army, We do cry. Weather a buddy(buddies) of ours get blown up or something happens in our personal lives. Weather it was something that happened in the past or something that recently happened.

I think people like you, who think that Soldiers cant show any emotions at all, are a little too closed minded about soldiers, sailors and airmen.
    *hugs Rudy*

Comment

*hugs Elli back*

Comment

Okay, you can let go now ... Rudy, let go now ...

RUDY!

Comment

*Lets go of Ellie now*

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
            Of I can find a poster sized version of this I am hanging it in the kitchen. I am sure my wife won't mind.
            If she minds then get yourself a new wife. Plenty of young harlots out there looking for a sugar daddy

Comment

Hmmm... I can't seem to find the quote, but someone mentioned they would've liked the outcome better if James had put Scott "on his ass" after treating her like crap. It reminded me of all the Greer-hate threads where oh so many people called him a barbarian and loose cannon for being vaguely threatening.

So, it would be acceptable for James to knock out a senior officer for being mean.

It it NOT ok for Greer to be vaguely threatening when someone threatens to throw him in "the brig" or implies they think he's a murderer?

Where's the logic there?

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                But any rational thinking person could come to a conclusion that she was crying about Scott. I mean, that moment was shown next to Scott and Chloe in bed. I would think that people could pick that up.
                Agreed wholeheartedly. That was my perception anyway.
                Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

She was crying becouse once you "read" the Scotty, the other books start to look so dull and boreing, that you just cant stop reading it over and over and over and over....again.

Comment

It seemed like nothing sexist or anything. It seemed really powerful and poignant to me. The minute I saw it I felt the emotion profoundly and it fit so well with the music and all the events that were being shown.

Comment

You wouldn't know she was crying about Scott if JM hadn't mentioned the cut scene. I think the issue with the scene (and I don't have a problem with it) is that the last time we saw James in the episode, she'd just done the whole widowers are sexy thing. There's something of a disconnection between the two. Had it been connected to her overall sense of being alone, it would have made more sense.

Comment

I didn't consider the scene sexist. Just.. human. It was clear to me at least that James was crying about Scott not the random guy who overheard her. It was showing that she cared more about Scott than previously assumed - to Scott she was just a romp in the storeroom.
                        sigpic
                        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X