X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Lol, you summed up what i liked about the episode quite well
    Lol. Your welcome.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      I have to say I really enjoyed this one it was nice and dark, it's nice to see that while Amy fancies the Doctor like mad (who wouldn't) she loves Rory. So we can cheer, they'll be no shippy mooning over the Doctor a la Martha and Rose HOORAY!!!!
      I agree because I think it gives some depth to the character and her relationships between Rory and the Doctor. Also rovides some nice funny banter between Rory, the Doctor and Amy

Comment

The cold star sounded strange, but then this is Doctor Who. I did like the Doctor's line early on about whether they are in the future having flashes of the past, or in the past having flashes of the future (or something like that). I thought that went a way towards blurring the line and making it harder to tell which was real, although I did start to get an idea that both were a short while before the Doctor said it.

But the big issue, the one that overshadows the rest of the episode...Rory's ponytail? I shouldn't laugh, as I'm a bloke with long hair too (and yes, I frequently tie it back - but purely for practical reasons) but still, that was bad! If anything, it was the biggest indicator that the village reality was fake early on...

I think one of my biggest reasons for not liking it (though certainly not disliking it) is I've never liked "is this real, or is it fake?" stories in any series, so I may have been biased against it from the start. Don't know why. Now, stories that revolve around memory are another thing entirely - they are generally awesome, in my view.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          The cold star sounded strange, but then this is Doctor Who. I did like the Doctor's line early on about whether they are in the future having flashes of the past, or in the past having flashes of the future (or something like that). I thought that went a way towards blurring the line and making it harder to tell which was real, although I did start to get an idea that both were a short while before the Doctor said it.

But the big issue, the one that overshadows the rest of the episode...Rory's ponytail? I shouldn't laugh, as I'm a bloke with long hair too (and yes, I frequently tie it back - but purely for practical reasons) but still, that was bad! If anything, it was the biggest indicator that the village reality was fake early on...
          I agree with you about the whole anything can happen in the Doctor Who universe, thats why i wasnt sure whether either of them were real. I also found his speech on the past and future was put in to confuse people and make them wonder

But as you said, Rorys ponytail was a definate lol for me because it was such an awkward hairdo, and also, the switching between dreams made it even funnier because i kept trying to imagine the Rory in the Tardis with a ponytail and you got used to him without a ponytail, then boom its back.

Btw Sealurk, i loled at ur location (Proud and happy to be in the Con-Dem-Nation!!!)
          I too am in the Con-Dem-Nation

Comment

I think I mainly liked this episode for the dialogue, the banter and the interaction between the three leads. I'm actually very happy to see Rory is almost a full fledged companion now (and did I see him in the trailer for next week's episode as well?), albeit one who doesn't quite know what to think of the Doctor.

I am also happy to see an episode spend as much time on the TARDIS as this one, even if we didn't really see any new areas (unless you count the storage cubby hole).
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Btw Sealurk, i loled at ur location (Proud and happy to be in the Con-Dem-Nation!!!)
              I too am in the Con-Dem-Nation
              I am as well. Let's just hope this marriage dosen't end in divorce

Comment

As 'dream episodes' of any show go, this was on of the best; maybe the best. Mostly because of the switching from one dream to another, and because of the dialogue.

He threw the manual into a supernova "... because I disagreed with it; now stop talking to me when I'm cross."
                Last edited by Madeleine; 15 May 2010, 12:50 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

I think I mainly liked this episode for the dialogue, the banter and the interaction between the three leads. I'm actually very happy to see Rory is almost a full fledged companion now (and did I see him in the trailer for next week's episode as well?), albeit one who doesn't quite know what to think of the Doctor.

I am also happy to see an episode spend as much time on the TARDIS as this one, even if we didn't really see any new areas (unless you count the storage cubby hole).
                  Lol, i seem to agree with you alot, but i defo agree that the banter between Rory, Amy and the Doctor is nice, and i also am glad Rorys a companion, and i hope you are right in seeing him in next weeks trailer, I hope he stays around for a while
                  I also agree that it was nice to have an episode based partly around the Tardis, and have so much time spent in it. It was also nice to see a few areas of the Tardis, but i think its a shame we didnt see more of whats in the Tardis

Comment

It's got to be The Valyard, if it's The Master I will hurt someone

I agree with the Dream Lord being the Valyard

I have to say I really enjoyed this one it was nice and dark, it's nice to see that while Amy fancies the Doctor like mad (who wouldn't) she loves Rory. So we can cheer, they'll be no shippy mooning over the Doctor a la Martha and Rose HOORAY!!!!
                    I don't believe the Dreamlord was the Valeyard (and he clearly wasn't the master. The doctor said it himself. The Dreamlord was he himself.) However I believe that it is the side of the Doctor that will one day become Valeyard.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

May i ask who Valeyard is? I dont really know the earlier series

Comment

The Valeyard is a possible future incarnation of the Doctor, probably his last (Time Lords can only regenerate a set number of times, specifically twelve times, equalling thirteen incarnations...guess who number 13 could well be!), one who embodies his dark side and is as evil and twisted as the Master, possibly more so. He has very little physical power, if any, but uses mind games and tricks. I think he's only been seen once - I never watched much of the old series (some, but not much - mostly BBC 2 repeats in the 90s), but I've been avidly reading up on it since Eccleston stepped out of the TARDIS. Seriously thinking about getting some of the boxsets.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's got to be The Valyard, if it's The Master I will hurt someone

I agree with the Dream Lord being the Valyard
                          No. No way is the Dream Lord the Master and I'm not just saying that because I don't want to be hurt by you but because I agree with you. The Dream Lord may be *the* Valeyard or at least an entity that goes on to become the Valeyard. The Valeyard was said to be the personification of all that is dark and evil in the Doctor taken from a place between his twelfth and thirteenth incarnations. The Doctor is only in his 11th incarnation at the moment so it could very well be that the High Council of Time Lords (pre-Time War of course) use the Dream Lord to create the Valeyard for the Doctor's trial.

One thing I do know for certain is that I hope that this isn't the last time the Doctor encounters the Dream Lord aka the Valeyard aka the Doctor.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor was put on trial, and the prosecutor was named The Valeyard. Towards the end of the last episode of Trial Of A Timelord
                            Spoiler:
                            the Valeyard was revealed first as a future incarnation of the Doctor, and then as a creation of the Time Lords who had taken all the darker aspects of the Doctor's future out of time and used them to create this personality, the Valeyard. They offered this new person a full life if he could successfully get rid of the Doctor for them. The Dreamlord seems to be basically a trippier version of the Valeyard. Created by psychic pollen by accident instead of deliberately though.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              No. No way is the Dream Lord the Master and I'm not just saying that because I don't want to be hurt by you but because I agree with you. The Dream Lord may be *the* Valeyard or at least an entity that goes on to become the Valeyard. The Valeyard was said to be the personification of all that is dark and evil in the Doctor taken from a place between his twelfth and thirteenth incarnations. The Doctor is only in his 11th incarnation at the moment so it could very well be that the High Council of Time Lords (pre-Time War of course) use the Dream Lord to create the Valeyard for the Doctor's trial.

One thing I do know for certain is that I hope that this isn't the last time the Doctor encounters the Dream Lord aka the Valeyard aka the Doctor.
                              The Doctor versus the Doctor, but without any ethics. That story, in the hands of Steven Moffat hopefully, will be...EPIC. Maybe this is a hint of what's to come - I get the impression the Moff favours hints and long arcs even more than RTD, and this entire episode could be a sort of teaser of his long term plan for Who.
                              sigpic

Comment

The Valeyard is a possible future incarnation of the Doctor, probably his last (Time Lords can only regenerate a set number of times, specifically twelve times, equalling thirteen incarnations...guess who number 13 could well be!), one who embodies his dark side and is as evil and twisted as the Master, possibly more so. He has very little physical power, if any, but uses mind games and tricks. I think he's only been seen once - I never watched much of the old series (some, but not much - mostly BBC 2 repeats in the 90s), but I've been avidly reading up on it since Eccleston stepped out of the TARDIS. Seriously thinking about getting some of the boxsets.
                                Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
                                Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor was put on trial, and the prosecutor was named The Valeyard. Towards the end of the last episode of Trial Of A Timelord
                                Spoiler:
                                the Valeyard was revealed first as a future incarnation of the Doctor, and then as a creation of the Time Lords who had taken all the darker aspects of the Doctor's future out of time and used them to create this personality, the Valeyard. They offered this new person a full life if he could successfully get rid of the Doctor for them. The Dreamlord seems to be basically a trippier version of the Valeyard. Created by psychic pollen by accident instead of deliberately though.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X