• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amy's Choice (3107/507)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 31
    AMY'S CHOICE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3107 (507)

Amy, Rory, and the Doctor must decide between two versions of reality that seem equally real, with the self-proclaimed "Dream Lord" threatening their death if they choose wrong.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 04:00 PM.

Anyone want to post their views on Amys Choice seeing as the main thread not been opened?
    Hopefully this will be merged when it does open

So Amys Choice, your views??
    I thought it was quite a good episode overall, like all of this series episodes
    The idea of choosing between two ideal lifestyles was quite a good storyline to go down
    Both pending disasters were quite interesting, with the alien attack on Earth and the Cold Star threatening the Tardis
    Also nice to see some character development with all the characters, and an evil alter ego of the Doctor
    Glad they all survived and Rorys still with the Tardis as i think those three together are a good group, the constant banter from Rory thinking Amys going for the Doctor and not him. Thought Rory might die or leave but glad he didnt
    As usual, there was the usual comedic side to the episode which is always nice to see

This season is definately going well in terms of good storylines and episodes

As usual, cant wait till next weeks episode, looks good as usual
    Last edited by Teddybrown; 15 May 2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Ah, good idea.

Amy's Choice...bit dull, I think. Not necessarily bad, and it isn't the lack of monsters, spaceships etc that turned me off, I just think it was a little slow-moving.

Some good dialogue (though I can't remember it now), and interesting ideas (cold star?) but generally...meh. I'll watch it again later, see if I warm up to it more second time around.

Also, maybe I wasn't paying attention - was the Dream Lord 'real', and if so, was he the Doctor, the Valeyard maybe? I found it interesting when the Doctor says something along the lines of 'there's only one person in the universe who hates me as much as him'.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        Ah, good idea.

Amy's Choice...bit dull, I think. Not necessarily bad, and it isn't the lack of monsters, spaceships etc that turned me off, I just think it was a little slow-moving.

Some good dialogue (though I can't remember it now), and interesting ideas (cold star?) but generally...meh. I'll watch it again later, see if I warm up to it more second time around.

Also, maybe I wasn't paying attention - was the Dream Lord 'real', and if so, was he the Doctor, the Valeyard maybe? I found it interesting when the Doctor says something along the lines of 'there's only one person in the universe who hates me as much as him'.
        The Dream Lord was everything the Doctor hated about himself
        It was because of the dust particles (cant remember their name) stuck in the Tardis, and it put them in a dream like state, and made a physic connection to the Doctor

I agree with you about it being a bit slow moving, but it did have some action in it, and I enjoyed it because of the mystery as to who the Dream Master was and also which lifestyle would they choose as the dream and which one was real. Kind of an interesting twist at the end with them both being dream worlds

Also interesting that at the end of the episode, the Doctor saw the Dream Master as his own reflection in the console, so maybe he still believes in all the things he hates about himself

Comment

While I think the episode was a little like watching Shaun of the dead in places..... I did love the episode itself. I really hope we see the Dreamlord again at some point.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            While I think the episode was a little like watching Shaun of the dead in places..... I did love the episode itself. I really hope we see the Dreamlord again at some point.
            Lool, i think i can see where your coming from with that point. The whole small comedic bits and also the monsters and them running and hiding, then at the end when they decide to face them and die

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              Lool, i think i can see where your coming from with that point. The whole small comedic bits and also the monsters and them running and hiding, then at the end when they decide to face them and die
              Yeah exactly. To me that was pretty much a dead give away that it was the fake one. (i mean it was kinda clear that it was anyway but if they had ramped up the drama then there was a chance that people would have been more confused)

I was also fairly sure both realities were fake.........Pretty much the same time a Cold Star was mentioned.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

10/10
                Loved it! What a great, twisted, odd, and eerie story that was with some wonderful humour too! And what a twist about who the Dream Lord actually was! Very clever! I know the Doctor said that it was him...but I could quite easily think of the Dream Lord as the Valeyard...who is the Doctor too of course! Brilliant!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

here's the real thread. sorry about the delay folks

enjoy
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Yeah exactly. To me that was pretty much a dead give away that it was the fake one. (i mean it was kinda clear that it was anyway but if they had ramped up the drama then there was a chance that people would have been more confused)

I was also fairly sure both realities were fake.........Pretty much the same time a Cold Star was mentioned.
                    I didnt really want to guess because I thought the cold star was quite a nice idea, but it did cross my mind that the Earth one was fake, what with everything being so perfect

Comment

10/10
                      Loved it! What a great, twisted, odd, and eerie story that was with some wonderful humour too! And what a twist about who the Dream Lord actually was! Very clever! I know the Doctor said that it was him...but I could quite easily think of the Dream Lord as the Valeyard...who is the Doctor too of course! Brilliant!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        here's the real thread. sorry about the delay folks

enjoy
                        Its ok, delays happen sometimes =)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          10/10
                          Lol, you summed up what i liked about the episode quite well

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Also nice to see some character development with all the characters, and an evil alter ego of the Doctor
                            It's got to be The Valyard, if it's The Master I will hurt someone

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            I agree with the Dream Lord being the Valyard

I have to say I really enjoyed this one it was nice and dark, it's nice to see that while Amy fancies the Doctor like mad (who wouldn't) she loves Rory. So we can cheer, they'll be no shippy mooning over the Doctor a la Martha and Rose HOORAY!!!!

Comment

Well all round it was a good episode, I think it was obvious witch was the dream as why would Amy and Rory leave the Doctor so soon. It was weird that the Doctor was the dreamlord but it kinda made sense and the ending was a bit predictable.

Comment

Working...
                              X