• Time
  • Show
Clear All

As did I.

Loved the conclusion. This show keeps getting better and better! 5/5
    sigpic
    Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

First post here, but I realized something.

Assuming River Song actually did "die" in the Vashta Nerada story, then that would necessarily have to come after these angels, obviously.

In that previous story she says "you knew all along how I would die", paraphrasing, and that the last time she saw him, ever, the future Doctor, they were on their last date where he gave her the screwdriver

Which means, logically, that she couldn't have killed him.

I may be wrong if she actually isn't "dead", but I think I'm correct.

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
        First post here, but I realized something.

Assuming River Song actually did "die" in the Vashta Nerada story, then that would necessarily have to come after these angels, obviously.

In that previous story she says "you knew all along how I would die", paraphrasing, and that the last time she saw him, ever, the future Doctor, they were on their last date where he gave her the screwdriver

Which means, logically, that she couldn't have killed him.

I may be wrong if she actually isn't "dead", but I think I'm correct.
        She may have 'soft' killed him, i.e. forced a regeneration, or perhaps done something far worse - bear in mind this show is about time travel, the Doctor himself says events can be rewritten, and his incarnations don't actually age.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Lets not jump the gun here. Its all based on assumption. We've no way of knowing if its the Doctor that River "kills".

Oh, and his incarnations can age. The Doctor's first incarnation wasn't born as a 60-odd year old looking man you know. And the Doctor's been shown radically aged in the 1980 story The Leisure Hive and the 2007 story The Sound of Drums. Plus his second incarnation was seen slightly older in the 1985 story The Two Doctors and a slightly older seventh incarnation was seen in the 1996 TV movie Enemy Within.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
            She may have 'soft' killed him, i.e. forced a regeneration, or perhaps done something far worse - bear in mind this show is about time travel, the Doctor himself says events can be rewritten, and his incarnations don't actually age.
            She's in jail for killing someone, and that's the topic of speculation. She obviously did things on a far more massive scale than killing a single person if she makes the Daleks wet themselves.

And with forcing him to regenerate, she seemed to take his new lives lightly, even saying with a smile that she "knows all his faces" and simply going about using them as tools to guess his age. So while I don't doubt she'd feel worse about actually forcing him to regenerate once, I doubt the only woman in the universe (I assume) to make terrify the Daleks would get all soft and somber and mopey about using one of his 13 (minimum of thirteen) lives.

Plus there's also the question of whether or not the Church would even care if she killed him or used up one of his lives. He's kindof not human and has many many lives. Though that would be unfounded speculation on my part.

Comment

Cool and interesting episode. Amy did really well too.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X