• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flesh and Stone (3105/505)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 31
    FLESH AND STONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3105 (505)

The Doctor and his friends flee from the deadly Weeping Angels into the wreckage of a crashed ship and into its forest vault, where Amy is threatened also from an Angel inside of her.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 04:01 PM.

Wow
    Very intersting episode
    Lots more input about the Cracks in time
    Seems to all revolve around Amy but we dont know why and hopefully we will find out soon
    Some interesting information about River Song too, like her killing someone and her knowing about Pandorica
    Who did she kill? (My initial thought was the Doctor, but with shows like this, you never know) and what does she know about Pandorica
    Shame some of the angels didnt survive, but maybe some did?? Hopefully Angel Bob survived. As I said, you never know with this show

Overall another good episode and hopefully this season carrys on this way
    Last edited by Teddybrown; 01 May 2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

So let's be honest guys.................how many of us wouldn't have been as noble as the Doctor at the end there?
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Damn I was hoping that a few of the angels would survive at the end... angel bob, I liked him... and Amy! WTF.... The Doctor is spoken for!!! and so is she!
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          So let's be honest guys.................how many of us wouldn't have been as noble as the Doctor at the end there?
          Lool
          He is 907 i think he said, and it is true, it makes you think, when was the last time he did do it? lol

Comment

Absolutely Brilliant. *takes hat off*
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
              Damn I was hoping that a few of the angels would survive at the end... angel bob, I liked him...
              On the plus side that most likely wasn't all of the Angels as a race unlike what happens with the cybermen and Daleks most times we see them.

Comment

This was much better than part 1, it flowed so perfectly and I enjoyed how as the story went on the angels seemed insignificant compared to the bigger problem of the crack. I also really loved the messing with gravity throughout the episode. Also "you're a Time Traveller, you see things differently now" sent a massive shivver down my spine

What was up with that ending? I loved the fact that the Doctor was so very against the idea of a relationship with a human (take that Rose-shippers ) but that still seemed quite out of character for Amy to me and I'm trying to work out why, I mean it's been obvious she fancied him since the begining.

Comment

Fantastic episode. Another excellent performance from Matt Smith once again, glad to see that we actually got more explanation on River's past (personally, I think she went to prison for "killing" the Doctor, perhaps when he goes from 11th to 12th).

Even though Amy didn't do much, I thought she did really well when all she had to do was keep her eyes closed for the biggest chunk of the episode.

The thing I liked most was that we finally got to see learn more about the crack, what they are, and I think it's pretty cool how it was used to explain why no one remembered the CyberKing over 19th century London as well as everything else Amy doesn't know about.

sigpic

Comment

Another great episode.

Did anyone else notice the date the Doctor came up with for whatever causes the crack is the same as the date the last episode of the series should be on?
                    Last edited by RandomlyGenerated; 01 May 2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

That was much better than the first, nicely creepy. I seriously doubt this is the last we'll see of the Angels. Or the time crack.

I'm begining to lean towards River being the Rani after tonights episode.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                        This was much better than part 1, it flowed so perfectly and I enjoyed how as the story went on the angels seemed insignificant compared to the bigger problem of the crack. I also really loved the messing with gravity throughout the episode. Also "you're a Time Traveller, you see things differently now" sent a massive shivver down my spine

What was up with that ending? I loved the fact that the Doctor was so very against the idea of a relationship with a human (take that Rose-shippers ) but that still seemed quite out of character for Amy to me and I'm trying to work out why, I mean it's been obvious she fancied him since the begining.
                        I don't think it was out of character for her at all. I mean she is a Kissogram, or at least was and as you said she obviously fancied the Doctor. I think she's definately the promiscuous and kinda raunchy type........It's just that she's been a tad bit over whelmed by all the adventuring recently.

I'm just glad that the 11th Doctor doesn't act like the 10th did with the kiss. The 10th is always surprised but he kinda always just goes with it in a kind of "Yep, still got it...." kinda way. The 11th on the other hand kinda acted as though he was going "Yuk! Human!"

Comment

Originally posted by RandomlyGenerated View Post
                          Another great episode.

Did anyone else notice the date the Doctor came up with for whatever causes the crack is the same as the date the last episode of the series should be on?
                          Haha that is pretty cool
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Hmm. Good episode, but it had a few problems in my eyes. I loved the idea that time can be unwritten, that the duck pond from The Eleventh Hour was actually important and that anybody falling into the crack ceased to ever have existed (very similar to a side effect of the inertia suppression machinery in Al Reynold's Revelation Space books...very creepy idea too), but I thought actually seeing the angels move undid a lot of their fear factor.

Also, the moment I heard that River Song killed a man, I thought "that'll be the Doctor then". Maybe not, but if time can be rewritten and unwritten, it's entirely possible River kills him and his death gets unwritten.

I didn't like the idea that Amy's the key to everything...sounds far too much like Donna being the most important woman in the entire universe from a conceptual standpoint. Also, I wasn't keen on Amy jumping the Doctor...I'm hoping this isn't going to be standard.

I think I have to watch that episode again (I can't always tell what Matt Smith is saying, he just speaks so fast!) to really decide how much I liked it.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Lool
                            He is 907 i think he said, and it is true, it makes you think, when was the last time he did do it? lol
                            Probably around 1559 or a few decades after, if the End of Time and Beast Below are to be believed.

Reefgirl, definitely agreed.
                            Last edited by Sealurk; 01 May 2010, 10:46 AM.
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              That was much better than the first, nicely creepy. I seriously doubt this is the last we'll see of the Angels. Or the time crack.

I'm begining to lean towards River being the Rani after tonights episode.
                              I'm not so sure....... I mean I mentioned her being the Rani as a possibility but I think it's only a minor chance. Whoever and whatever River is though, I think she will prove to be dangerous. But I'm now hoping that she's going to be a Mayborn like character. Not a good guy but not a bad one either. An adversary in some cases but in others just someone who gets in over her head and in so doing grows closer and closer to the Doctor in a sort of mutual respect and affection. Just not love like some people seem to think.

Comment

Working...
                              X