• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Time of Angels (3104/504)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 31
    THE TIME OF ANGELS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3104 (504)

The Doctor is summoned by the enigmatic River Song, who needs his help capturing a deadly Weeping Angel from the wreckage of a downed ship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:59 PM.

Wow
    That was good lol
    This series getting better and better.
    Very smart idea and definately has the scary factor of last time they were used (probably more scary)
    Spoiler:
    The whole idea of it not just being 1 angel, but that not being apparent from the start was smart. An army of statues , thought 1 was bad enough

Also, there are soo many good lines in this episode. Been lots of good lines this series

Cant wait for next week. Looks soooo good lol
    Spoiler:
    I wonder what her secret is that the Doctor cant find out??
    And looks like we are going to get more input on the cracks in time

Got to rewatch it because i had my dad pestering me about the Angels and River Song all through the episode. Think i might put subtitles on just incase =P
    Last edited by Teddybrown; 24 April 2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

And this series just gets better!

Clerics - love the idea.

Angels - even scarier than last time.

River - enigmatic and fun.

Amy - clever and funny.

"Hello Sweetie" and the last minute rescue 12,000 years in the making - fantastic.

Can't you just tell Steven Moffat wrote this? Triumphant return to form after VotD.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Wow
        My words exactly.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Oh yes!
          That is the way This show should be!
          I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed. A truely fantastic episode. Fast paced, full of suspense and I loved it.

I officially forgive the producers for last week's show.
          Roll on next week.
          sigpic

Comment

It was fantastic! Even though it seemed filler-ish for next week, it was still amazing. Another one for The Moff!

Comment

Superb!!

Read in the paper that this was actually the first episode they filmed in the current series.

Comment

My only complaint with this otherwise excellent episode is the soldiers with weapons and uniforms that don't seem to have changed over the millennia.

Comment

Wow!!! Great, eerie, and creepy start to the first part of The Time of Angels!!! Really enjoyed it!!! It's marvellous to have the Weeping Angels again!!! Great performances from the guest cast and especially from Alex Kingston (who is a pleasure to see again as River Song!), Karen, and Matt!!! Superb cliffhanger and I'm very much looking forward to Part 2 next Saturday!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

'Is River Song your wife?' Anyone who saw Moffat's appearance at Comic Con 2008 will spot the reference. Julie Gardner asked him the same question about River/Doctor's relationship then too. Definitely a nod to that if you ask me.

Brilliant episode, and well worth the rewatch it is currently getting on the iplayer.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

About bloody time too, Dr Who at it's best

So the Church becomes the Army, that's one hell of a twist

Angels in film becoming Angels in real life, f*** that was creepy

Poor Bob the Red Shirt, still we saw it coming

All the statues being Angel's, another good twist.

Alistair, a nod to The Brigadier?

All in all, much better than the last 3 eps

Comment

6 billion humans for them to feed on if they get out of the caves (Clearwell Caves in the Forest of Dean btw).

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
                          6 billion humans for them to feed on if they get out of the caves (Clearwell Caves in the Forest of Dean btw).
                          6 billion humans? Your forgetting that it's the 51st century and mankind isn't limited to Earth anymore and that there's whole other species in the universe at threat too if the Weeping Angels escape. Let's hope that the Doctor, Amy, and River don't let that happen...or become the Angels first victims.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Superb episode! I absolutely loved it - the return of River Song and the angels, River's blue book (spoilers), blue stabilisers on the TARDIS, the way Amy kept alternately closing each eye so she didn't have to blink. Brilliant!

I have to watch it all over again now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              6 billion humans? Your forgetting that it's the 51st century and mankind isn't limited to Earth anymore and that there's whole other species in the universe at threat too if the Weeping Angels escape. Let's hope that the Doctor, Amy, and River don't let that happen...or become the Angels first victims.
                              6 billion is just for breakfast.......

Comment

Working...
                              X