Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Post The Time of Angels (3104/504)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 31
    THE TIME OF ANGELS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3104 (504)

The Doctor is summoned by the enigmatic River Song, who needs his help capturing a deadly Weeping Angel from the wreckage of a downed ship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; April 10th, 2011 at 03:59 PM.

Default Re: The Time of Angels (3104/504)

Wow
    That was good lol
    This series getting better and better.
    Very smart idea and definately has the scary factor of last time they were used (probably more scary)
    Spoiler:
    The whole idea of it not just being 1 angel, but that not being apparent from the start was smart. An army of statues , thought 1 was bad enough

Also, there are soo many good lines in this episode. Been lots of good lines this series

Cant wait for next week. Looks soooo good lol
    Spoiler:
    I wonder what her secret is that the Doctor cant find out??
    And looks like we are going to get more input on the cracks in time

Got to rewatch it because i had my dad pestering me about the Angels and River Song all through the episode. Think i might put subtitles on just incase =P
    Last edited by Teddybrown; April 24th, 2010 at 12:04 PM.

And this series just gets better!

Clerics - love the idea.

Angels - even scarier than last time.

River - enigmatic and fun.

Amy - clever and funny.

"Hello Sweetie" and the last minute rescue 12,000 years in the making - fantastic.

Can't you just tell Steven Moffat wrote this? Triumphant return to form after VotD.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Wow
    My words exactly.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Oh yes!
    That is the way This show should be!
    I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed. A truely fantastic episode. Fast paced, full of suspense and I loved it.

I officially forgive the producers for last week's show.
    Roll on next week.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

It was fantastic! Even though it seemed filler-ish for next week, it was still amazing. Another one for The Moff!

Chief Master Sergeant

Superb!!

Read in the paper that this was actually the first episode they filmed in the current series.

Chief Master Sergeant RandomlyGenerated's Avatar

My only complaint with this otherwise excellent episode is the soldiers with weapons and uniforms that don't seem to have changed over the millennia.

Wow!!! Great, eerie, and creepy start to the first part of The Time of Angels!!! Really enjoyed it!!! It's marvellous to have the Weeping Angels again!!! Great performances from the guest cast and especially from Alex Kingston (who is a pleasure to see again as River Song!), Karen, and Matt!!! Superb cliffhanger and I'm very much looking forward to Part 2 next Saturday!!!
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

'Is River Song your wife?' Anyone who saw Moffat's appearance at Comic Con 2008 will spot the reference. Julie Gardner asked him the same question about River/Doctor's relationship then too. Definitely a nod to that if you ask me.

Brilliant episode, and well worth the rewatch it is currently getting on the iplayer.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

About bloody time too, Dr Who at it's best

So the Church becomes the Army, that's one hell of a twist

Angels in film becoming Angels in real life, f*** that was creepy

Poor Bob the Red Shirt, still we saw it coming

All the statues being Angel's, another good twist.

Alistair, a nod to The Brigadier?

All in all, much better than the last 3 eps

Chief Master Sergeant

6 billion humans for them to feed on if they get out of the caves (Clearwell Caves in the Forest of Dean btw).

Quote Originally Posted by PMN1 View Post
    6 billion humans for them to feed on if they get out of the caves (Clearwell Caves in the Forest of Dean btw).
    6 billion humans? Your forgetting that it's the 51st century and mankind isn't limited to Earth anymore and that there's whole other species in the universe at threat too if the Weeping Angels escape. Let's hope that the Doctor, Amy, and River don't let that happen...or become the Angels first victims.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Superb episode! I absolutely loved it - the return of River Song and the angels, River's blue book (spoilers), blue stabilisers on the TARDIS, the way Amy kept alternately closing each eye so she didn't have to blink. Brilliant!

I have to watch it all over again now.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    6 billion humans? Your forgetting that it's the 51st century and mankind isn't limited to Earth anymore and that there's whole other species in the universe at threat too if the Weeping Angels escape. Let's hope that the Doctor, Amy, and River don't let that happen...or become the Angels first victims.
    6 billion is just for breakfast.......

Oh wow!!! That was just brilliant! Best ep yet - can't wait until next week! Love the clerics, love River, love Amy. Amazing stuff.

"It's not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on."

Loved it. Sort of spoils things slightly, but it's still funny that one of the most iconic and recognisable sounds in British culture is down to the fact that the Doctor is a bad driver with poor memory.

Also, after early misgivings, I now officially love the new TARDIS interior and the new theme tune.

When River's trying to tell where the Doctor is in her timestream, or vice versa, what does she say? To my knackered ears it sounds like "Have we done the Bone Meadows?", but since I'm losing my hearing I don't know what it actually was.

"You're letting people call you sir. You never do that."

I wonder if that will play a bigger role as the series rolls on.

"Are you Mr. Grumpy Face today?" made me laugh. Love the fact that Amy doesn't have a problem challenging or making fun of the nine hundred year old Time Lord. Best part is, he agrees with her.

The single biggest problem I can find is the same problem with any Who story penned by Steven Moffat - they are so damn quotable that recounting brilliant lines puts me in danger of transcribing the entire episode. For example, where else would you hear "Verger, how are we doing with those explosives?"
    Last edited by Sealurk; April 24th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Okay, Angels, my biggest fear of Doctor Who and now we have a whole blinkin' army of the things! Good bye decent sleep!

An absolutely brilliant episode though, can't wait for next week. And what's happening to Amy now she's looked into the Angel's eyes? Now I need a Tardis so I can fast forward t next week!
    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Sealurk View Post
    "It's not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on."

Loved it. Sort of spoils things slightly, but it's still funny that one of the most iconic and recognisable sounds in British culture is down to the fact that the Doctor is a bad driver with poor memory.
    All TARDISes make the "VWORP VWORP" sound though so all I can assume is that the Doctor is surprised that he didn't hear it from inside the TARDIS but it wasn't until the 1996 TV movie that the "VWORP VWORP" sound was heard inside the TARDIS during flight, materialisation, and dematerialisation all the time. From that point that's how it's been...until now it seems.

Speaking of internal TARDIS sounds...can't help but notice that some of the sounds in the new console room are straight from the 1977 - 1989 era TARDIS console room interiors. Very nice touch.
    Last edited by Alan; April 24th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.

I bloody loved this episode. A brilliant return to form after Victory Of The Daleks, which is a shame since Mark Gatiss wrote some great episodes before last weeks massive fail of an episode.

I didn't realise that 'The Time Of Angels' was going to be a 2 parter. The first part seemed to go by way too quickly and at the cliffhanger at the end, I was actually going 'WTF end?'. I wasn't watching the progress bar on iPlayer so I thought it might have skipped a huge part of the story.

Good thing that we'll get some more indepth explaination of the cracks next week. I was getting annoyed with all the speculation.

Poor Bob. He reminded me so much of Ross from 'The Sontaran Stratagem'.

I wonder how early it is before 'this' River Song meets the 10th Doctor, only to die during the events of 'Forest Of The Dead'. I'd really like to know how River was able to breathe in space before the TARDIS shows up though. Not like her to break the laws of physics.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast