The Beast Below (3102/502)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
    Really? I thought it was a reference to The End of the World in season 27, but then they didn't mention anything about the expansion of the sun there.
    Well no. They didn't mention the sun expanding. Only Solar Flares. It was only the 29th Century where as The End of the World was billions of years in the future.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Another good episode
      Any doubts about Matt Smith are definately gone now
      Looks like it will be a strong season

Next weeks episode looks good
      Spoiler:
      Daleks, Winston Churchill and space battles

One question though, since when have people been able to call the Tardis? Should I put that in spoilers?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Another good episode
        Any doubts about Matt Smith are definately gone now
        Looks like it will be a strong season

Next weeks episode looks good
        Spoiler:
        Daleks, Winston Churchill and space battles

One question though, since when have people been able to call the Tardis? Should I put that in spoilers?
        I adored how he answered Churchill's response with 'Hi dear! What's up?'
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Another top quality episode from the moff......brilliant brilliant brilliant....david who?
          If this series continues in the rich form of vein it's in then matt smith could well go on to become my favourite doctor after tom baker!!!!!!!
          Let's just pray and hope that amy doesn't fall for the doctor and they just have mutal admiration for each other so we don't get another rose/martha....cause that would be the only thing that could spoil it for me.

Comment

1. Is this the best the 29th century can do techwise?

2. Liz 10 - certainly not your average monarch.

3. Starwhale - definately like the idea.

4. Smith-Doctor definatey seems interesting - hope he doesn't do anything too stupid in the next ep.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by valen_sinclair View Post
              Another top quality episode from the moff......brilliant brilliant brilliant....david who?
              If this series continues in the rich form of vein it's in then matt smith could well go on to become my favourite doctor after tom baker!!!!!!!
              Let's just pray and hope that amy doesn't fall for the doctor and they just have mutal admiration for each other so we don't get another rose/martha....cause that would be the only thing that could spoil it for me.
              I don't mind there being a certain amount of romance between the doctor and Amy, just as long as it's handled correctly and made a bit more subtle. Like she loves the life of adventure and therefore by extension the Doctor rather than just Rose and Marthas direct lovvy dovvyness.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I don't think there will be a romance.

For one, I can't see Moffat taking the same route that RTD did with 10th and Rose. From a character point of view, I can see the Doctor thinking of her more of a daughter or at least in his eyes, more like the little girl he first met. As with Amy, it's the same. She may have some jitterbugs about getting married "tomorrow" when she first went off with him, but she could still see him as the imaginary friend who'd take her on fantastic journeys. He's Gandalf to her Bilbo.

sigpic

Comment

After eventually getting iPlayer to work so I could watch it...

A fabulous episode. Well done Karren, having to save the day in her nighty those Smilers did creep me out quite a bit, defiantly can see Moffet's influence! Argh! and the Demon Headmaster? Terrified me as a kid!

I thought it was a nice touch with Amy in the voting booth having what her age was and then not revealingly her marital status Wouldn't it have her date of death, unless there never was one... hmm...

So many witty one liners I can't post them all without transcribing the episode!

Oh and next week!! Squueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I want a time machine to get there faster!
                  If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                  sigpic

Comment

Pretty good episode. It wasn't one of those "OMG AMAZING" kind of episodes, but I couldn't find any major flaws. Heh. Liz 10 is my kind of queen.
                    Did anyone else notice the Magpie Electricals sign when Amy discovered the hole? I wonder if it will be of any significance over the course of the season...
                    Oh, and Matt and Karen both continue to impress me.

Next week looks good as well. Churchill and the Daleks means that it will definitely be an interesting episode.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                      Did anyone else notice the Magpie Electricals sign when Amy discovered the hole? I wonder if it will be of any significance over the course of the season...
                      I noticed! Hope there is!
                      If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                      sigpic

Comment

Meh, I've never been a fan of the mysterious stuff happening in future societies stories. It all felt a bit familiar.

Comment

The Demon Headmaster! how i loved tht cameo, instantly i wondered if he was a hypnotising baddy would have been great ..."look into my eyes, octopus is your friend, octopus needs you"
                          sigpic
                          THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Gawd, this makes me feel old. I know nothing about The Demon Headmaster. To me Terrence Hardiman was Reinhardt in The Secret Army from the '70s.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              Gawd, this makes me feel old. I know nothing about The Demon Headmaster. To me Terrence Hardiman was Reinhardt in The Secret Army from the '70s.
                              The Demon Headmaster was one of those cool mid 90s series that recent shows fail to compare to. He was brilliant in it, very scary performance.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                Scots haven't been killing each other for it in acts of terrorism. Killing each other > campaigns. It's just a nice little joke to have though, saying to the Scottish character that the Scots wanted their own ship although it makes you wonder having seen the episode, if the UK had to use a Space Whale, what did the Scots use?
                                We probably invented somthing, were good at that. Called it somthing inventive like.... The Deep Fat Flyer!

Comment

Working...
                                X